[SOLVED]Comms menu pops up on PTT

Sharkku

After latest DCS hotfix patch, VAICOM is not working. The PTT button only brings up the comms menu, comms menu is randomly popping up, and voice commands do not work.
Did you update DCS without closing VA, and did you start VA after DCS updated before starting DCS?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Did you update DCS without closing VA, and did you start VA after DCS updated before starting DCS?

Aha, that could be it. I may have had VA running while DCS updated. Do I need to reinstall or something?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sharkku said:

Aha, that could be it. I may have had VA running while DCS updated. Do I need to reinstall or something?

Nope! 👍🏻

Try to close DCS and start VA before you start DCS. IF it is solved, fine.
If not, close DCS and reset the LUA in the Control panel.
Restart VA and then start DCS.

That should do it.

Cheers!

image.png

• Sharkku changed the title to [SOLVED]Comms menu pops up on PTT
It worked! Thanks so much for the help! You rock! VAICOM is awesome!
Yeah! Cannot live without it!
May I suggest something?
I use Skatezilla's updater/launcher. Which means I can update easily manually and make sure that VoiceAttack is shutdown before I update, and also start VoiceAttack before I start DCS again. And it also have tons of other nifty features. IMHOit should be part of DCS.
Cheers!

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/134493-the-dcs-updater-gui-utility/

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm using it already. I made my own bat-file launcher though, since I want some special features when launching, like killing some processes. Sometimes I forget to check for updates before launching though, and then things like this happens. I'll look into switching to skatezillas launcher entirely again though, maybe things have changed.

• Like 1