Bug or not implemented yet? F14 & Apache Hot Mic Intercom not working

Elphaba

So regardless of button mapping per module or global in the ‘Radio Voip’ settings, we can’t get the intercom to stay hot between front and back seats in either the apache or the F14. 

There is no mention of how to get it working in the current user guide but it seems a module specific binding should work as a toggle, but it does nothing with the new DCS Voip tech.

Csn anyone confirm it’s a known bug or just not implemented yet?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 8:28 PM, Elphaba said:

Still don’t see why you brought up SRS when it wasn’t in the question or required. 

So no answer on whether it’s not even implemented yet?!

He shared an idea on what could be wrong. You should thank him for trying to help instead of being rude.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 9:49 PM, Sharkku said:

He shared an idea on what could be wrong. You should thank him for trying to help instead of being rude.

He can fight his own battles, he doesn't need you doing it for him, or are you his boyfriend and defending his perceived honour?

If he wants to answer a question with something completely unrelated and off topic, it's not wrong to point out how utterly unhelpful that is. 

7 hours ago, Elphaba said:

He can fight his own battles, he doesn't need you doing it for him, or are you his boyfriend and defending his perceived honour?

If he wants to answer a question with something completely unrelated and off topic, it's not wrong to point out how utterly unhelpful that is. 

I'm not fighting his battles, I'm just pointing out that you don't need to be a douche. Especially when you are asking for help.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

^ ... and especially when something seemingly "completely unrelated and off-topic" effin' up DCS is nothing unusual really. For example, if someone told me last year, that having time set an hour of so off in my system would disable authorization for payware modules in the sim, I'd say it sounds absurd and irrelevant - but that's exactly what happens and is one of the (in)famous DCS quirks.

At least Flappie's post about SRS was in the same rough "topical-ballpark" (voice comms related), so I'd say it's relevant allright.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 2

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Coming back to the topic, me and my CPG have the same problem in the Apache. Intercom via PTT works, but we would like to use it like in SRS with just voice activation. We tried every position of the ICS switch, but it seems to have no impact on the voice chat. Maybe this will be fixed in the future. We will stick to SRS in the meantime.

@Flappie: thanks for the info concerning the SRS configuration, but that didn't help us.

• 4 weeks later...

Appart from the rude reply. Also waiting for voice activation of the mic in the hot-mic aircrafts. If the function is available in the real aircrafts I think it would be nice to have it in DCS specially for those people that don't own joysticks with lots of buttons to map (by the way, would it be nice if all voip and ptt menu show would be joined in a single button)

• Like 1