Workaround for increased performance

On 4/12/2022 at 8:48 PM, Hiob said:

Nope, sorry. Didn't make any difference. At least not in this mission. Same severe FPS-drops - with the added downside of being incapable of switching cockpits.

The scripting hick ups in this mission are the worst I ever encountered though... 😅

it’s truly an awful mission. Picking it apart however it not especially heavy in terms of “stuff”. It does run smoothly using the d server for me albeit without the damage zone as these desynchronise or whatever. 

In a regular set up I can take out those zones and a lot more and still hiccup. I came to the conclusion that it’s just the script and triggers   They are terribly clunky in DCS and crying out of another core or a good talking to  

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Well I guess the more memory one has and cores would balance this out.. I am going to try it when I host next weeks flight night and see how it goes.. I am guessing this still works in MP as I am going to be host with the dedicated server then join by LAN and have others connect through internet, this will work good?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

2 minutes ago, The_Nephilim said:

as I am going to be host with the dedicated server then join by LAN and have others connect through internet, this will work good?

Yes, I've been doing this for many years and it works very well.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

On 4/30/2022 at 2:53 PM, Flappie said:

Yes, I've been doing this for many years and it works very well.

Yes, I tried it again and it does work but is it really doing anything perceptable or just placebo?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

For missions with laggy scripts, it's definitely not placebo. The Hind Disaster Relief mission is a really good example. If you have the Hind and Persian Gulf, give it a go, you'll see the difference.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

53 minutes ago, Flappie said:

For missions with laggy scripts, it's definitely not placebo. The Hind Disaster Relief mission is a really good example. If you have the Hind and Persian Gulf, give it a go, you'll see the difference.

But it’s not perfect. Whilst you won’t see the judders in that mission you also won’t see the reason you are supposed to be there in the first place ie the damaged zones are not visible on the client side. I think the same goes for any atmospherics like fires and smoke  

im unable to play the game at present so cannot check but I assume damage caused  during the mission is shown   

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.