Activations

Hello, I have recently returned to DCS (about a month ago, maybe a little more), in that time I have installed, and reinstalled dcs on my pc about 3 times.  I have a new PC coming in about a week or 10 days.  I had installed the stable version as well, but now only have the open beta.

How can I see how many activations I have left.  I went into my account on the website and into the orders and details but there is no indication there of how many activations are left.

Do you use activations for reinstalling on the same PC?  Do you use them up for installing open beta or only in the stable version?

Thanks in advance!!

4 hours ago, Whiskey1968 said:

How can I see how many activations I have left.

This is no longer applicable to DCS modules. All of them are keyless and activated by logging into your account and connecting to the DCS server. You can have DCS and all your modules installed on many PCs but you can be logged in only on one PC at the same time on the same account.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 4/8/2022 at 5:39 AM, Whiskey1968 said:

You dont. Modules are bound to your account which means you could install the planes as often as you want but you can only access them when you are logged in with your DCS account

My skins

On 4/7/2022 at 11:39 PM, Whiskey1968 said:

Even tough no longer relevant, you can still see that information, on your user profile:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/

Besides each serial number there is a red arrow, click on it and you get the info, like this:

u7OYls4.jpg

If one of your modules has no serial number, then it means its a recent module that never used the old Star Force protection.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB