Is there a way to get close up of abris or shkval tv view?

zika1234

Like in this post, how can I make static views in DCS, one for abris and one for shkval TV?

I am using track ir, but somethimes i would like to have non-moving view to my ABRIS, so i can operate different buttons?

Quote from another post:

Alt - Key Pad 0 = Save current camera position for the last cockpit snap view? I've been playing Lockon for it seems like 3 years now, and have never got this to work. Can somebody explain this to me very simple? :cry:

The Lockon v1.1 keycommands.doc file says this:

Alt - Key Pad 0 -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save current camera position for the last cockpit snap view, corresponding to Key Pad 0 – 9, left or right mirror view or default view. May be different for different planes! If the user runs the mission then all new custom camera snap positions will be saved in the Config/View/SnapViews.lua file. If the user records the track then all new custom camera snap positions will be saved in the track file and then will always be used for that track in future. Note: saving snap views feature is disabled by default. To enable it set parameter DisableSnapViewsSaving = false in the Config/View/Cockpit.lua file. You may always force using default snap views by parameter UseDefaultSnapViews = true.

LWin + NumPad gives you close up snap views of different cockpit panels. LWin + NumPad 2 is a close up of the Shkval and ABRIS......

and combine those two together in your hotas and you're laughing :lol:

Hi can you explain what you meand bu this, I have a HOTAS and would like to maybe use it this way.

He means, if you press the left ALT key and the "2" key on the NumPad, you'll get a view of Shkval/ABRIS. To map it to your hotas, do it the same as any other key combo. Look thru the list until you find the appropriate function, then map the button. You might be able to just hit the LALT + NUM 2 combination and be sent straight to that function in the controls list.

"A pilot lives in a world of perfection, or not at all." -Richard S. Drury

http://www.virtualblueangels.net

He means, if you press the left ALT key and the "2" key on the NumPad, you'll get a view of Shkval/ABRIS. To map it to your hotas, do it the same as any other key combo. Look thru the list until you find the appropriate function, then map the button. You might be able to just hit the LALT + NUM 2 combination and be sent straight to that function in the controls list.

Left Windows key, not Alt.

Try this:

KP0 activates all the snap views... press and hold KP0 and then press different KP number keys and you will see all the default snap views available.

Press KP0 and KP2 together and you get a snap view of the shkval/ABRIS.

You can edit any snap view by first selecting the view(KP0 and KP2 for example) then slew the view to what you want and then press and hold RIGHT ALT and KP0 to save the new view. This way you can fully customize all the snap views.

Edited by Shepski

@MrReynolds: Don't think this wil work like it should. It's a snap view so when you release the keypress, the view snaps back to normal view. You can overcome this by adding the /H slash modifier but then it's like you keep pressing the keyboard button all the time. Which means you can't have any other input at that time (or it should be a key with a higher priority.

@Shepski: How do you "slew" a snap view?

You can use the normal view options, look at the SHKVAL and ABRIS screens and then zoom. If you have TrackIR, you can look at it and then use a rotary on your HOTAS (if you have one) as the zoom-axis.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I have set up a Cougar button to send:

Right CTRL + KP0 followed by KP2

This gives me by default a closeup of ABRIS and Shkval.

To get out of that view, and back to normal panning cockpit view, I simply push the button again. Works like a charm.

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

Sure, here goes..

Macrofile (.tmm)

Cockpitpanelviewtoggle = {RCTL KP0}

ViewDownslow = KP2

And the stickfile (.tmj) goes like this:

BTN H3D Cockpitpanelviewtoggle ViewDownslow

There is probably more elegant ways of doing it, but hey, whatever works :)

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

I mapped this view as "latched" to my X52 pro "mouse button".

So if I click it once, I am in that view. Unfortunately I can't move and repostion shkval target then.

I have to get out by pressing it again, relock and VID the next target by pressing the "mouse button" again.

It would be perfect if I could even open that view and move the shkval. However, I like this snapview! :thumbup:

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Must be something like this then for the Cougar (edit: LOL, i see i'm to late and Dachs one is more readable...)

Macro:

View_SHKVAL+ABRIS_Screen = USB (DE4 D62 U62 UE4 D5A U5A)

Then assign a button to it like this (only as example):

BTN H1U View_SHKVAL+ABRIS_Screen

Just tested it, works fine.

I only wonder why my previous attempt didn't work because i used as good as the same thing, it looked like i had some interference then...

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

First make the snap view (KP0 + KP2) then release it... then pan or zoom the view to what you want... then press RALT + KP0 to save it.

Can't make this work and even if it should work, what about the next time you load up the sim? I'll go for the stick setup.

Can't make this work and even if it should work, what about the next time you load up the sim? I'll go for the stick setup.

It saves it until you uninstall the game.

After you save it press the snap view key combo again.

I have it set as a toggle on my stick so I can push the button to hold the snap view and still manipulate the ABRIS and Shkval then push it again to release it back to the F1 view.

These snap views work identical to those in Lock on.

Still doesn't work like it should. For some reason when i come out of the SHKVAL/ABRIS view, i have a lookdown view instead of Forward view (F1) even if i press F1.

Sometimes when i switch to the Flyby view (F3) after having looked at the SHKVAL/ABRIS screen, the only view i can return to is the Flyby view, even if i press F1 for forward view.

Something is messed up but i can't figure out what atm.

I split the throttle slider on my x52pro into two bands(70% +30%) then asigned snapview 2 to the last 30%. So i can just slide forward to view ABRIS and SHKVAL full screen on my 22" wide. While in this view I can still operate both ABRIS and SHKVAL systems.

• 1 year later...