Is there a way to get close up of abris or shkval tv view?

zika1234

• 5 months later...
First make the snap view (KP0 + KP2) then release it... then pan or zoom the view to what you want... then press RALT + KP0 to save it.

Folks, this isn't working for me. I want to replace the snap view I get for lwin+numpad2 (shval + abris) with just one large view of just the shkval. The above directions seem straighforward but I have no success. What am I doing wrong?

thanks.

First make the snap view (KP0 + KP2) then release it... then pan or zoom the view to what you want... then press RALT + KP0 to save it.

Shepski,

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "make the snap view (KP0+KP2)"? When I press those keys, I get the shkval+abris view. However, when I release them, it just goes to default cockpit view.

I split the throttle slider on my x52pro into two bands(70% +30%) then asigned snapview 2 to the last 30%. So i can just slide forward to view ABRIS and SHKVAL full screen on my 22" wide. While in this view I can still operate both ABRIS and SHKVAL systems.

This is an excellent find!:D

I have assigned the Precision Slide ( slider on throttle) on my X52 Pro, similar to above.

:-

Precision Slide

3 Bands

0-30% = Right Ctrl + Num 0 + Num 2 (as advanced command)

30-60% = nothing

60-100 = nothing

Result= slide forward and Skhval Abris in close up. Slide back and forward= return to previous view. Skhval and Abris retain full functionality!:thumbup:

You may do this another way, however this works on my X52Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Try this:

KP0 activates all the snap views... press and hold KP0 and then press different KP number keys and you will see all the default snap views available.

Press KP0 and KP2 together and you get a snap view of the shkval/ABRIS.

You can edit any snap view by first selecting the view(KP0 and KP2 for example) then slew the view to what you want and then press and hold RIGHT ALT and KP0 to save the new view. This way you can fully customize all the snap views.

@MrReynolds: Don't think this wil work like it should. It's a snap view so when you release the keypress, the view snaps back to normal view. You can overcome this by adding the /H slash modifier but then it's like you keep pressing the keyboard button all the time. Which means you can't have any other input at that time (or it should be a key with a higher priority.

@Shepski: How do you "slew" a snap view?

You can use the normal view options, look at the SHKVAL and ABRIS screens and then zoom. If you have TrackIR, you can look at it and then use a rotary on your HOTAS (if you have one) as the zoom-axis.

@MrReynolds: Don't think this wil work like it should. It's a snap view so when you release the keypress, the view snaps back to normal view. You can overcome this by adding the /H slash modifier but then it's like you keep pressing the keyboard button all the time. Which means you can't have any other input at that time (or it should be a key with a higher priority.

@Shepski: How do you "slew" a snap view?

You can use the normal view options, look at the SHKVAL and ABRIS screens and then zoom. If you have TrackIR, you can look at it and then use a rotary on your HOTAS (if you have one) as the zoom-axis.

Press Right Ctrl AND Num Pad 0 ( or Insert ) THEN release these keys. THEN press Num pad 2 (no need to hold it down); You then have a close up view of Skhval and Abris. Stable view, fully functional Skhval. Press Num Pad 0 ( Insert) to revert back to cockpit.

You can map it into any joystick program. The one I use is Saitek X52 Pro. On the Slider on the Throttle. It works 100%.

Even though I prefer to use the Track IR and lean forward, like I guess a RW Kamov pilot would do, its a nice addition to my throttle, which previously had a redundant slider control.:thumbup:

Regards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky