TADS: LMC? Point Track?

SCPanda

Point track on TGP used by jets are amazing at tracking moving targets. The LMC on Apache is total trash. Even against a stationary target if you touch the cursor slightly it will start moving and manually correcting it is such a pain. Againt a moving target it's even worse. Right now I found it more effective just tracking targetes manually. I don't get the why the TADS does not come with point track. I literally want to bring a TGP with me and ditch the TADS. 

• Like 2

Not implemented yet. 

The LMC is supposed to be used for moving targets. You give it a drift so that it moves at the same speed and direction as your target, and then fire. 
It is not a lock on mechanic, its purpose is just not being forced to hold the tads stick all the time. It's horrible hard to control, I agree, even the slightest movement will bring you off target.

Edited by dextor

If you think the LMC is a total trash don try the Hind periscope...

As said, not implemented yet

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

2分钟前,GrEaSeLiTeNiN说:

I see LMC used quite often in real TADS footage on YouTube.

Indeed, but I feel that it seems easy for real pilots to operate LMC, they can stop the crosshair when they want. When I use it, just a little touch of the directional axis, the crosshair can no longer be controlled

• Like 2

Indeed, but I feel that it seems easy for real pilots to operate LMC, they can stop the crosshair when they want. When I use it, just a little touch of the directional axis, the crosshair can no longer be controlled

I can stop my crosshair when i want in dcs, you just need more practice.

1分钟前,llOPPOTATOll说:

I can stop my crosshair when i want in dcs, you just need more practice.

Maybe you're right, I've been practicing helicopter flying skills as a PLT since its release and have only tried it two or three times as a CPG.

But what's worse than that right now is that in multiplayer, Hellfire seems to have a hard time hitting moving targets due to sync issues.

LMC is great when engaged with no tracking input, useful when engaged while tracking, and completely impossible when applying input after it's already on. I don't know what technique is appropriate when introducing slew input with LMC on if any exists.

Might be in the sim LMC is modelled too sensitively. Let’s see if auto track is good.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

8 hours ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

Might be in the sim LMC is modelled too sensitively. Let’s see if auto track is good.

If the sensitivity is not high and you have it mapped to an axis you can always tune that in the control options.  The default axis sensitivities for basically all the cursors/MFDs/etc in DCS modules are always too high for the hardwear most people have.  

LMC on-and-slew utility seems very sensitive to the particular logic in the system. Usable vs unusable could be a few values in the logic. Considering that a common nickname for the manual tracking switch is "force controller" I'm guessing it's a zero-displacement force transducer based device so going from any input to zero would be much faster than a displacement joystick.

1 hour ago, Scaley said:

If the sensitivity is not high and you have it mapped to an axis you can always tune that in the control options.  The default axis sensitivities for basically all the cursors/MFDs/etc in DCS modules are always too high for the hardwear most people have.  

But isn't LMC a button on the LHG and not axis assignable? 

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

5 minutes ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

But isn't LMC a button on the LHG and not axis assignable? 

Well yes, LMC on/off is a button, but once you have it switched on the LOS rate of the TADS is controlled with the thumb force controller on the RH TEDAC grip, which has both key and axis binds. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thorns said:

So the LMC is working, just not working satisfactory?

I think it's working appropriately, it changes your inputs to from when you push left on the controller the tads will slew that far that fast, with lmc on you're telling it how fast to drift

LMC is fine if you understand that you should be looking to cancel out drift on your target rather than use it to move onto a target. I'll usually use the normal slew or slave-to mode to get in the vicinity of the target and then click on LMC when it is on the target itself. Using a gamepad thumbstick for your slew helps (in general).

What this game doesn't model at all is that changes in lighting or other objects entering the scene can screw with auto-track functions on TPODs. If that was modelled, everyone would be saying how rubbish auto-tracking was. LMC has the advantage of using the CPG's brain to keep the desired target centred, so things like smoke or bushes moving in front of a target won't break the track.