Crime and Punishment Campaign missing all dialogs

poyosquared

Hello,

I briefly tried the Crime and Punishment campaign before (DCS 2.7.9/10? open beta) and it was missing voice over for dialogs, though dialog themselves were there.

Now, revisiting it in 2.7.11, the dialog text is also completely gone, all i'm seeing is my(character's) side of the dialogs like 'Player: Affirmative'. Checking Message history, there are empty lines where dialog text should be.

I don't have any mods, also i have normal voiceovers and text in other campaigns/missions.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Start first misson of the campaign
2) Starup, taxi, takeoff
3) Switch channel to 02 and press space to confirm

Does anyone else have the same problem ?

Thanks.

On 4/9/2022 at 12:38 AM, Gretsch_Man said:

I think on default, the volume knob for the radio is off. So just turn up the volume knob and you should hear all those voices.

I double checked that the volume knob is all the way up, still nothing. I hear the other voices + text (Assistent, ATC, wingmen), but the scripted Amethyst dialogs are just not there, with the exception of my (characters) responses to the dialogs showing in text.

Screen_220410_075348.jpg

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, poyosquared said:

I double checked that the volume knob is all the way up, still nothing. I hear the other voices + text (Assistent, ATC, wingmen), but the scripted Amethyst dialogs are just not there, with the exception of my (characters) responses to the dialogs showing in text.

Screen_220410_075348.jpg

Hmm, do you have easy communication under Gameplay enabled? If yes, try turning it OFF by unticking it. That may do the trick.

image.png

1 hour ago, poyosquared said:

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately that didn't help either.

In that case the campaign might have been broken by one of the recent patches. I haven't played this campaign in quite a while, but it used to be working properly. But just a few days ago, a different campaign suddenly started having the exact same problem.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2022 at 3:11 AM, baltic_dragon said:

I will have a look, but only after Easter - I'll be away from my rig and laptop till next Wednesday...thanks for the report!

Would you happen to know if the fix will make it into the next patch? I've been itching to try the included campaign, I've heard it's good!

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

There seems to be something odd with radio transmissions, but it can be linked to how the aircraft behaves and I may need to ask guys at Razbam to address it. Will keep you posted!

Thanks for the update!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Any luck with this issue. I'm just playing the campaign now and can't hear anything on channel 2. Also, I can't tune the ARK 5 when in near mode. Looks like a bug and I've reported it but it does make the mission a little more difficult. The ARK 5 band selector just won't move even in ANT mode when you change to near.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I've tried to fix some singles missions but most of them are broken in a level that I can´t understand, for this reason I have not posted. 😞

Seems like the missions (and Mig19) are totally forgotten. @baltic_dragon gave us the last update in May 8th (thanks baltic) but If it depend of Razbam guys....

• Like 3

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

3 ore fa, Joe1978 ha scritto:

I've tried to fix some singles missions but most of them are broken in a level that I can´t understand, for this reason I have not posted. 😞

Seems like the missions (and Mig19) are totally forgotten. @baltic_dragon gave us the last update in May 8th (thanks baltic) but If it depend of Razbam guys....

I did the same but it dosent work.

Thanks for your reply.

I've owned the MiG-19 for quite a while but just tried starting the campaign, only to find this long-existing bug. @baltic_dragon is there any chance of a fix? To be clear, I see player responses, but no communication from GCI in Mission 1. The messages do not show up in the message log either.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

• 4 months later...

So, Baltic Dragon last said he may need to talk to Razbam, and Razbam is saying to talk to Baltic Dragon. I let Razzy know about BD's comment from last year but they didn't seem to be aware of it.

Here's hoping this can be fixed soon!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It's a shame this isn't fixed. The campaign seems completely broken for me, only the first mission worked.

Is this really what we're paying for? Over 6 months, several confirmations and status questions, no replies? @baltic_dragon i hope you and Razbam can get together on this, atleast confirm you know the issue and that the post isn't completely forgotten.

EDIT: As you can see from @StarLiner's post, we are getting ping-ponged between you two. Please talk and give us a reply when possible. 🙂

Edited by Hardt0kidnap
  • Like 3

Hey guys. To be clear - the fixes for the campaign are on me. I should go though it and try to find a reason what stopped working and actually no excuses should interest you, but I'll tell you one that really keeps me from going back at the moment: since February 2022 I just can't make myself go back and fly missions as part of Soviet / Russian air force, as the war did touch me personally on several levels. I know it may sound as a lame excuse, but I've been pushing returning to MiG-19 (which is an awesome module) away (also because a lot of work on other things). In any case I promise to get back to it and try to fix it over the summer, where at least I won't have my normal work taking away 90% of my time. And apologies for this not being fixed yet. @Hardt0kidnap @StarLiner @sthompson

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png