I don't understand the flir

dextor
Go to solution Solved by IzeHouze,

2 hours ago, dextor said:

Why is one pitch black and the other one white?

It seems to be a shader/texture bug that's been reported (haven't seen it myself), it seems to be intermittent or related to dynamically spawned units i.e. the same missing FLIR textures are viewable in other missions and in the model viewer.

If the issue persists, you can clean out the "Saved Games\DCS\fxo" and "metashaders2" folders and retest.

If it's reproducible please post a short track and a copy of your graphics settings/dcs.log

For info. NeMoGas's videos

Original report, marked as solved ??

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue with the FLIR (or at least I think so).

I have uninstalled any shader mod, I have made a clean installation and I have no content in metashaders and fxo folders.

For me it seems that some vehicles are just the opposite of what is expected. As you can see, the explosion is ok (white in whitehot and black in blackhot), but the IA vehicles are just the opposite. In fact, the tires in blackhot seems to be cooler than the chasis O_O 

This don't happen with the "environment" vehicles. For the cars and buses that populate the roads, the colors are ok.

regards

WHITEHOT.pngBLACKHOT.png