IHADDS lens

Merlin_VFA34

Hi,

It looks incredible, but is there a way to disable the refection in the IHADSS lens without removing the thing completely? It looks like this thing works like a mirror, but I'm already struggling to get decent fps (VR) but maybe this helps to get a few more.

Greetings

Merlin 😀

Hi,
It looks incredible, but is there a way to disable the refection in the IHADSS lens without removing the thing completely? It looks like this thing works like a mirror, but I'm already struggling to get decent fps (VR) but maybe this helps to get a few more.
Greetings
Merlin

Did you try special options. It removes the rim but can’t recall if it removes the reflection too.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

For me it looks perfect what we have now (VR). Wait for a mod, perhaps it will solve your issue.

• Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I like it the way it is in VR……. the feeling of wearing a helmet with the nvg biculars mounted on top.

I also understand that the monocle minimizes some field of view…….I‘m wondering what‘s like wearing the real one….maybe only real apache pilots could answer this…..

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

2 hours ago, corbu1 said:

I like it the way it is in VR……. the feeling of wearing a helmet with the nvg biculars mounted on top.

I also understand that the monocle minimizes some field of view…….I‘m wondering what‘s like wearing the real one….maybe only real apache pilots could answer this…..

As I remember maybe Casmo said that IRL you can't see the monocle itself (it's too close to your eyes to be in focus), but the projector lens certainly block some part of your vision.

So IMHO a middle solution would be the best: heavily blurred, semi-transparent edges of the monocle and the projector lens, but NOT semi transparent projector body. The way it is now in VR is highly unrealistic with current VR display technology.

• PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

vor 39 Minuten schrieb St4rgun:

As I remember maybe Casmo said that IRL you can't see the monocle itself (it's too close to your eyes to be in focus), but the projector lens certainly block some part of your vision.

So IMHO a middle solution would be the best: heavily blurred, semi-transparent edges of the monocle and the projector lens, but NOT semi transparent projector body. The way it is now in VR is highly unrealistic with current VR display technology.

Yes, this sounds good……I think brain learns to deal with the device and so you see it blurred.
So your suggestion could be a good alternative for displaying the monocle. 

Edited by corbu1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

12 hours ago, corbu1 said:

Yes, this sounds good……I think brain learns to deal with the device and so you see it blurred.
So your suggestion could be a good alternative for displaying the monocle. 

It's not exactly the brain, it's the eyes. If you look at IHADSS symbology which are IRL focused to infinity your eyes are looking far away, focused far distance. Meanwhile the monocle and the projector lens are 4-5 centimeters away from your eyes, way out of focus. It's total waste of polygons to make a 3D model of the IHADSS monocle in first person view, or if it's modelled it should be somehow blurred at the edges a lot.

The biggest problem with blurring the monocle and projector lens would be that this engine has hard time handling semi transparent textures in VR. In other way why they choose to make the 2D and VR version differently? Maybe this in not feasible at all in VR.

• PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP