Tbilisi Guard - wingman & radio question

Scofflaw

I've been playing this mission frequently, because it's good practice for moving targets and it's fairly windy, so good flying practice as well.  The issue I'm having with this mission is that my wingman is 100% useless.  I've tried telling him to attack my enemy, attack my target, engage mission and RTB, engage mission and rejoin, etc.

I've basically tried everything, and he'll just start flying in circles in the town north of waypoint 7, while stating "running in" and doing nothing.  Almost every time he'll just crash into a building or terrain while engaging nothing.  I've also tried waiting for the enemy vehicles to start firing at me so I can order him to attack, and he still just runs off.

Any suggestions?

One other question - I noticed I have to tune to 127.5 in order to talk to my wingman.  That's not mentioned anywhere in the briefing or kneeboard; I had to go into the mission editor to find that info.  Is 127.5 the default freq when not otherwise specified?

run come save me

I think there's an issue with Apache wingmen in general. They refuse to respond to almost any order I give them.

I did the Red Flag mission recently - we were literally flying over the enemy targets at one point - Engage air defences? Negative. Engage ground targets? Negative. Mission and rejoin? 2 negatives and one positive. Which makes no sense! There's no consistency! And that one wingman engaged one target then rejoined.

AI commands in DCS generally aren't great. But I'm finding the Apache to be so much worse, to the extent that it's just a burden to have AI wingmen at all.

• Like 2

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I was a little bit frustrated; I used this mission to figure out how to use the radios as well, and after finally mapping all my communication buttons and figuring out the frequency, my wingman refuses to do anything useful.

My wingman's only purpose is as an obstacle to avoid on takeoff.

run come save me

I’ve been scratching my head with this mission also, actually most of Apache missions gave me troubles one way or another.  Does the trigger zone stuff work correctly in this mission?

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I found out that the standard radio frequency for the Wingman is wrong and not noted anywhere. I solved this when enabling simple communication in the menu. Now if you contact the wingman on VHF, you see the correct freq. automatically and he is answering.

So in short, mission maker error and the freq. is not listed anywhere in the briefing.

Freq. for Wingman is 127.500

Edited by Tepnox

Ryzen 7 5800X3D // 64 GB RAM // RTX 4090 // Quest Pro // Quest 3

Does the “tactical” freq do anything? It says 251.000. Was that meant as the flight freq as 127.50?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

On 4/12/2022 at 7:06 PM, Eagle7907 said:

Does the “tactical” freq do anything? It says 251.000. Was that meant as the flight freq as 127.50?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't think it does anything - when I tune to 127.50 I still get the mission messages

• Like 1

run come save me

On 4/9/2022 at 10:46 PM, Tepnox said:

So in short, mission maker error and the freq. is not listed anywhere in the briefing.

Pretty sure (although I haven't tested recently) it's a bug, where the freq set in the ME is completely ignored ingame.

I had this issue a few months back when I was editing a Harrier mission. I could set the freq in the mission editor to anything, but ingame, my Harrier always started on 305 (iirc)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH