Secret Squirrel Studios Special Mission Aircraft and Operator's AI Mod V2.0 (31 MAY 23)

Go to solution Solved by Backy 51,

• Backy 51 changed the title to Secret Squirrel Studios Special Mission Aircraft and Operator's AI Mod V1.2.1
9 hours ago, prccowboy said:

updated to v 1.2

still having trouble "off-road" - Well, I guess he is technically WAY "off-road" 😀

looking forward to the fix, this is a great asset

Screen_220410_231859.jpg

Thanks for the LODS typo catch and love the P-8!  Hopefully V1.2.1 fixes the levitating JTAC issue.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 minutes ago, Backy 51 said:

Thanks for the LODS typo catch and love the P-8!  Hopefully V1.2.1 fixes the levitating JTAC issue.

no worries. you can just say that earlier versions were the Super hero variant: invincible RC-135 and flying JTAC. 😀

1 minute ago, prccowboy said:

no worries. you can just say that earlier versions were the Super hero variant: invincible RC-135 and flying JTAC. 😀

Once we reverse engineer the Klingon Invisibility Cloaking Technology, perhaps invincibility and levitation features will have to make a return. 😉

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just adding a small comment.
The units are valid in Hound from version 0.2.3 onward.
currently 0.2.3 is available in the develop branch. should be released soon (few more bugs to squish)

Edited by uri_ba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Backy 51 I've updated my RWR database mod to include these aircraft.

DCS RWR Symbology (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

They will show up as EC (130) or RC (135's) on the RWR.

The database also includes entries for many other 3rd party aircraft and missiles etc.  Anything that isn't installed in your DCS installation won't impact anything.  The purpose of the mod is to prevent the <U> unknown contact displays on western RWR when an entry isn't found.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Nightstorm said:

@Backy 51 I've updated my RWR database mod to include these aircraft.

They will show up as EC (130) or RC (135's) on the RWR.

The database also includes entries for many other 3rd party aircraft and missiles etc.  Anything that isn't installed in your DCS installation won't impact anything.  The purpose of the mod is to prevent the <U> unknown contact displays on western RWR when an entry isn't found.

That's great Nightstorm! Thanks for doing that!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You call that a big nose, goy...? 😝 

Now, I'm not going to ask you to model this, but I don't suppose there is a paint kit floating around by any chance...?

I'll settle for an Israeli Rivet Joint. It's close enough to the EL/M-2075 Phalcon... Just a lot less ugly! 

Great mod btw. Been wanting some actual ELINT aircraft for a while now. And I especially appreciate the JTAC operator! 

Schnonk.JPG

• Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Ozone1 said:

Now, I'm not going to ask you to model this, but I don't suppose there is a paint kit floating around by any chance...?

I'll settle for an Israeli Rivet Joint. It's close enough to the EL/M-2075 Phalcon... Just a lot less ugly! 

Great mod btw. Been wanting some actual ELINT aircraft for a while now. And I especially appreciate the JTAC operator! 

Schnonk.JPG

Obviously inspired by Jimmy Durante ...

96585377_3612478045433164_2993151163710308352_n.jpg

No paintkit just yet. I'll try to put out an unofficial one by the end of the week.  Working up a JTAC video at the moment ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 4/11/2022 at 8:12 PM, Backy 51 said:

Obviously inspired by Jimmy Durante ...

96585377_3612478045433164_2993151163710308352_n.jpg

No paintkit just yet. I'll try to put out an unofficial one by the end of the week.  Working up a JTAC video at the moment ...

Yeah, he's the spitting image. 😆 But okay, cool. I just made a quick "clean" version for now then. It's far from perfect, but if anybody wants it, here you go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iEbaqvOWOSCrsS-ICKSMopj7SJ7wwrsj/view?usp=sharing

Capture.JPG

Edited by Ozone1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ozone1 said:

Yeah, he's the spitting image. 😆 But okay, cool. I just made a quick "clean" version for now then. It's far from perfect, but if anybody wants it, here you go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11EFRqxPN2PBUp1kJ4BJEmkQhyJvvUsfu/view?usp=sharing

Capture.JPG

@Ozone1  I added a link above to a RC-135 Paint Kit Draft.  I did not use your cleaned up textures, but if you want to merge them with the PSDs linked at the top and clean up the UV Map I'll be highly appreciative and will hang the merged PSDs above.

To Livery Creators ... send your skins to me and I'll roll them into the main download zip file. Be sure to put your livery credit info in the Description.lua.  Can't wait to see what the community comes up with!  Thanks!

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 4/11/2022 at 8:51 PM, Ozone1 said:

Schnonk.JPG

Phalon was one of the first AWACS attempts the IAI has made.
I think it eventually was only sold to chile in it's 707 form.

China wanted to upgrade one of their A-50s to phalcon, but that was blocked by the US IIRC (still have photos of the dish-less aircraft before it was returned home).

Current AWACS (and ELINT) platforms for the Israeli Air-force are based around the G-550.

I just made a new batch of JTAC missions - they're a bit more interesting.  I made Warthog, Harrier, and yes Su-25 Frogfoot versions.  Can others upon request.

If you guys could please test these and let me know what you think - that'd be appreciated.  I'd be up to uploading these to the file-sharing portal in about a week or ten days if everything's all ironed out.

Many thanks for the proper JTAC figure @Backy 51

Finally, @Nightstorm respectfully when I get close to a JTAC the RWR still says "Unknown".

JTAC Test 02 - Warthog.miz JTAC Test 02 - Harrier.miz JTAC Test 02 - Frogfoot.miz

Edited by AvgeekJoe
Wrong tag
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AvgeekJoe said:

I just made a new batch of JTAC missions - they're a bit more interesting.  I made Warthog, Harrier, and yes Su-25 Frogfoot versions.  Can others upon request.

If you guys could please test these and let me know what you think - that'd be appreciated.  I'd be up to uploading these to the file-sharing portal in about a week or ten days if everything's all ironed out.

Many thanks for the proper JTAC figure @Avenger31.  

Finally, @Nightstorm respectfully when I get close to a JTAC the RWR still says "Unknown".

JTAC Test 02 - Warthog.miz 16.08 kB · 0 downloads JTAC Test 02 - Harrier.miz 16.01 kB · 1 download JTAC Test 02 - Frogfoot.miz 14.89 kB · 0 downloads

I added the EC-130, RC-135 and RC-135CB to the RWR mod and they show up fine.  The us_jtac_infantry.lua has been added.  Hopefully it will show up as "S".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3