Secret Squirrel Studios Special Mission Aircraft and Operator's AI Mod V2.0 (31 MAY 23)

Go to solution Solved by Backy 51,

9 hours ago, prccowboy said:

just a personal peeve. I stopped reading his books when I saw his big threat to a post-apocalypse civilian populace was an ANG jet loaded with Anti-radiation missiles.

BTW, did you know that your JTAC is carrying around a SA-11 Buk Search Radar in his back pack? (which is why he is emitting) 😃

Never read a King novel, but have enjoyed several mini-series and movies based on his works.  Yes on the SAM, after more testing, that may change.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

En 24/4/2022 a las 1:36, Backy 51 dijo:

I’ll double check, but I thought I had the Multicam swapped with the Desert for the default. I created the Desert livery for that exact reason.

Also, make sure any previous versions are removed.

I found the issue. It was another MOD conflict. If I use the UH-1 Attachments mod, the default uniform of the JTAC reverts to Desert but without that MOD it works fine with the Multicam as the default.

Thanks for this MOD, we are ejoying the JTAC a lot and using it in a lot of our Squadron missions.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Furia said:

I found the issue. It was another MOD conflict. If I use the UH-1 Attachments mod, the default uniform of the JTAC reverts to Desert but without that MOD it works fine with the Multicam as the default.

Thanks for this MOD, we are ejoying the JTAC a lot and using it in a lot of our Squadron missions.

That's what we like to hear!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Backy 51 changed the title to ***NEW*** Secret Squirrel Studios Special Mission Aircraft and Operator's AI Mod V1.3 (28 APR 22)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Backy 51 changed the title to ***NEW*** Secret Squirrel Studios Special Mission Aircraft and Operator's AI Mod V1.4 (23 MAY 22)
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2022 at 11:37 AM, Backy 51 said:

******************************************** BREAKING NEWS*********************************************

*** Secret Squirrel Studios Special Mission Aircraft and Operator's AI Mod V1.4 (23MAY22) *** 

MSM-Secret-Squirrel-Patch-Forest.pngSecret Squirrel 🐿️ Studios (Eightball  and myself) are proud to release ...

eight-ball-rack-flames.png     B51SolidMiss.png

A subsidiary of  EVIL.png   C-130 Productions ...

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.4 LINK:  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3321706/     ***LIVE***

RC-135 PAINT KIT DRAFT (USES BLENDER UV MAP):  https://www.mediafire.com/file/9kch0oysh5ozd6t/RC-135_PAINT_KIT_DRAFT.zip/file

CHANGE LOG:

V1.0 - Initial Release

V1.1 - README documentation update

V1.2 - Floating JTAC fix

V1.2.1 - RC-135 LODS typo fixed (thanks prccowboy)

V1.2.2 - Secret Squirrel Theme added.  EPLRS capability added to JTAC.  Multicam livery made as JTAC default (per user request). 

V1.3 - The JTAC update! Introducing the DCS JTAC GOUGE and two built-in Demo missions.  Watch the DCS JTAC GOUGE video (link to be pasted above the Change Log) to see what Version 1.3 brings to the fight. Detailed walk through of JTAC - DCS F-18 Integration. Fixed Embark/Disembark of JTAC, and more ... (When Version 1.3 Download Link above is live ... ***LIVE*** will be displayed to the right of the link)

V1.4 - Adds RSAF RE-3A skin requested by DaleRFU (photo posted in this thread below)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FAMILY SHOT.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

JTAC2.jpg____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's a weird question. I'd love to make some more liveries for the mod but the paint kit is... well its pretty rough tbh is there a way that I could get the blender file so I too can use paint in 3d lol. 

• 4 months later...
  • Backy 51 changed the title to ***NEW*** Secret Squirrel Studios Special Mission Aircraft and Operator's AI Mod V1.5 (2 NOVEMBER 22)

Version 1.5.4 (Hotfix to replace 1.5.X) released with Eightball's MVP Landcruiser vehicle variants!  See first post for details and download link.

8d28OuT.jpg

Edited by Backy 51
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --

On 10/30/2022 at 1:28 AM, Eight Ball said:

YFJs8Zv.gif

I like that.... I need to learn how to animate characters for guns. 

• Like 2

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

33 minutes ago, joey45 said:

I like that.... I need to learn how to animate characters for guns. 

The animation itself isn't hard, the tricky part is the rigging and the weight painting.

I also wished I could have animated both the elevation and rotation but I just couldn't make it work.

Right now the gunner animation is linked to the gun elevation arg and whenever I tried to animate the legs and to link them to the gun rotation arg I would end up with funky results...

bandicam_2022-10-25_21-43-15-292.jpg

• Like 4

That dance pose looks familiar.

characters a whole was never my strong point, unless you want the elephant man having a stroke....

• Like 2

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

20 hours ago, joey45 said:

unless you want the elephant man having a stroke....

You owe me a new keyboard :laugh:

QWERTY & coffee don’t mix lol.

• Like 2

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

• 3 weeks later...

Tried to put an AH-64 into one of the demo missions.  Does it work with that aircraft?  I couldn't get the JTAC to respond to my check-in.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

On 11/19/2022 at 7:57 PM, Shrike88 said:

Backy Love the work and the updates ! Any consideration for the KC-47 ? Not as neat and cool Special mission as the RivetJoint / or the CobraBall but still cool

You mean KC-46 Pegasus?  Getting AAR to work might be problematic ... It would be a nice addition for sure.

On 11/20/2022 at 1:08 PM, heloguy said:

Tried to put an AH-64 into one of the demo missions.  Does it work with that aircraft?  I couldn't get the JTAC to respond to my check-in.

If the AH-64 responds to a non-modded JTAC, I see no reason for it not to work. I did not specifically test against the AH-64, just the F-18.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The latest update is awesome, the vehicles/weapons are a great addition.  Is it possible to have the headlights extinguish when the vehicle is in a given alarm state? or firing their weapons? It looks a bit off at night when they are engaging enemies with headlights on.  

I noticed the "M134" was firing 20mm shells, when I checked the lua  its actually using the M168 (M61). It was an easy fix if anyone cares.

Thanks for the wicked assets!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, EvilDuckDad said:

The latest update is awesome, the vehicles/weapons are a great addition.  Is it possible to have the headlights extinguish when the vehicle is in a given alarm state? or firing their weapons? It looks a bit off at night when they are engaging enemies with headlights on.  

Yes it should be possible to have them turn off when the alarm state is red. I'll look into it.

17 hours ago, EvilDuckDad said:

It was an easy fix if anyone cares.

I sure do! Can you post it/send it to me so I can add it to next update?

• Like 1

In the Lua there are two ammo options. One used a mix of different 7.62 ammo (7.62x51mm and 7.62x54mm) which is obviously not realistic, but visually looks more accurate. The second option is commented out and in terms of the game realism would be correct. I thank everyone who comments their lua files as well as the awesome https://github.com/Quaggles/dcs-lua-datamine .

landcruiser_pickup_SF_M134.lua

• Like 1