Secret Squirrel Studios Special Mission Aircraft and Operator's AI Mod V2.0 (31 MAY 23)

Go to solution Solved by Backy 51,

6 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

I added the EC-130, RC-135 and RC-135CB to the RWR mod and they show up fine.  The us_jtac_infantry.lua has been added.  Hopefully it will show up as "S".

DCS RWR Symbology (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Thanks for adding us Nightstorm. Really appreciate it. Working on an expanded JTAC video to showcase possibilities ... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

11 hours ago, Backy 51 said:

Thanks for adding us Nightstorm. Really appreciate it. Working on an expanded JTAC video to showcase possibilities ... 

No problem.  I've got the mod installed myself 😉  Let me know if the JTAC should show up as something other than "S".  I looked at the type of RADAR used for it, but I didn't see any other references to compare.  So I just went with "S" for search.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

No problem.  I've got the mod installed myself 😉  Let me know if the JTAC should show up as something other than "S".  I looked at the type of RADAR used for it, but I didn't see any other references to compare.  So I just went with "S" for search.

Actually, IRL, a JTAC would not show up at all ...

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

11 hours ago, DaleRFU said:

Really cool mod. Any skinner's out there fancy knocking this one up?

RE-3A-678x381.jpg

I'll give it a try but I need better reference photos to approximate the decals.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, Furia said:

Hi, could it be possible to make the Multicam camo de default one? When I transport the JTAC and unload it somewhere it reverts to the default cammo and I would like to use the multicam one if that would be possible. Thanks !!

I'll send you a custom Description.lua that will accomplish that for you.

5 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

Alright then.  We'll just leave it as "S".  It can always be removed easily enough if folks prefer.

It's not a problem ... the JTAC should show up on EPLRS for those aircraft equipped to receive it in DCS.  

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

14 hours ago, HawaiianRyan said:

JTAC most certainly should not show up on a RWR.

For those that do not want JTACS to show up on the RWR.  Here's how to comment it out.  You'll find the modified file, once installed, here:

image.png

Open said file in your favorite text editor and place two -- in front of this line:      ['us_jtac_infantry']    = 'S',    or delete it.    

That is currently at line 241 according to Notepad++ subject to change in the future, but you can search for 'jtac' and find it.  Save the file, done.  No more JTAC on RWR.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

For those that do not want JTACS to show up on the RWR.  Here's how to comment it out.  You'll find the modified file, once installed, here:

image.png

Open said file in your favorite text editor and place two -- in front of this line:      ['us_jtac_infantry']    = 'S',    or delete it.    

That is currently at line 241 according to Notepad++ subject to change in the future, but you can search for 'jtac' and find it.  Save the file, done.  No more JTAC on RWR.

Thanks for the flexibility NightStorm!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Backy 51 changed the title to Secret Squirrel Studios Special Mission Aircraft and Operator's AI Mod V1.2.2 (23 APR 22)
hace 1 hora, Backy 51 dijo:

Download the new Version 1.2.2 and see if the JTAC default now works for your issue.

Hi.

Thanks for the modification but I have just tested it and in 1.2.2  new version I get the the default cammo as the one called "desert" and not the multicam.

Would it be possible that you take a look at it or tell me if I may have something wrong on my side pls?

Thanks

Edited by Furia

Fascinating stuff…

… is there guidance on how to employ these assets in DCS?

Pleased to see the Cobra Ball variants included - read through a really interesting set of web pages about Shemya AFB and the Rivet Ball predecessor to the Cobra Ball aircraft.  
The (publicly released…) history of Shemya, Rivet Ball and Rivet Amber is fascinating and sobering - dark times, black operations…

http://www.rc135.com/0000/INDEX.HTM

2 hours ago, rkk01 said:

Fascinating stuff…

… is there guidance on how to employ these assets in DCS?

Pleased to see the Cobra Ball variants included - read through a really interesting set of web pages about Shemya AFB and the Rivet Ball predecessor to the Cobra Ball aircraft.  
The (publicly released…) history of Shemya, Rivet Ball and Rivet Amber is fascinating and sobering - dark times, black operations…

http://www.rc135.com/0000/INDEX.HTM

I’m making a JTAC video now and will do a RC-135/EC-130 video next.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, Furia said:

Hi.

Thanks for the modification but I have just tested it and in 1.2.2  new version I get the the default cammo as the one called "desert" and not the multicam.

Would it be possible that you take a look at it or tell me if I may have something wrong on my side pls?

Thanks

I’ll double check, but I thought I had the Multicam swapped with the Desert for the default. I created the Desert livery for that exact reason.

Also, make sure any previous versions are removed.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 4/19/2022 at 6:09 PM, HawaiianRyan said:

JTAC most certainly should not show up on a RWR.

If they aren't emitting, then how are Randall Flagg's Shrike missiles going to target infantry? 😉

(waiting to see who understands that reference)

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, prccowboy said:

If they aren't emitting, then how are Randall Flagg's Shrike missiles going to target infantry? 😉

(waiting to see who understands that reference)

LOL - Does Stephen King play DCS?

7 hours ago, Furia said:

I do use OvGME and I had doubled checked that nothing from the old version was installed but I do still got the Desert version.

Thanks for checking this. 

MCD.jpg

Re-download and you should see above as the Default.  It is also listed as the Multicam Paint Scheme.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Backy 51 said:

just a personal peeve. I stopped reading his books when I saw his big threat to a post-apocalypse civilian populace was an ANG jet loaded with Anti-radiation missiles.

BTW, did you know that your JTAC is carrying around a SA-11 Buk Search Radar in his back pack? (which is why he is emitting) 😃

• Like 1

hace 3 horas, Backy 51 dijo:

MCD.jpg

Re-download and you should see above as the Default.  It is also listed as the Multicam Paint Scheme.

So this may be a problem on my side. I have unisntalled the Mod and installed it several time including a fresh download to ensure nothing was corrupted. I do have 1.2.2

However in my side I do have this:

JTAC.jpg

Could it be a conflict with another MOD?

How could I investigate this?

Thanks!!