Multiplayer catapult bug

RDN_Garrett

If there are players on catapult 1 and 3, when the third player hooks the bar on catapult 2 he will not be fixed. The player will be able to move along the catapult with a jagged animation. Also he will not be able to leave the catapult, as the game will first let him move away from it and then "pull" him back

When I get a chance to do it in multiplayer again, I'll try to drop off the track. 

I will also attach a screenshot of an example of how the animation hangs.  (The plane in the screenshot is not the one attached to the catapult)

unknown.png

• 2 weeks later...

Probably. My guess is that all these issues with both player and AI aircraft getting stuck on the cat in multiplayer are related.  (My subjective take is that it seems improved but not fixed after the last update... I've still seen AI logjams at the cats shutting the boat down.)

Unfortunately, the same cycle seems to play out:

1.  Users report the bug. 

2.  A community mod states that a track is required. 

3.  Tracks are provided. 

4.  Community mod states that they cannot reproduce the bug, and cannot view multiplayer tracks.  But that's where the problems occur...

... so the vibe from ED right now seems to be that this is simply unfixable, because their own recording tools are unable to record bugs in multiplayer for later analysis.  Or perhaps it would just take more resources than they care to devote to it. Either way, the final step: 

5.  Problem goes back to being ignored by ED and cursed by the rest of us, until a new report is made on the forum. Then GOTO 1.

Edited by Stearmandriver
  • Like 6

21 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Probably. My guess is that all these issues with both player and AI aircraft getting stuck on the cat in multiplayer are related.  (My subjective take is that it seems improved but not fixed after the last update... I've still seen AI logjams at the cats shutting the boat down.)

Unfortunately, the same cycle seems to play out:

1.  Users report the bug. 

2.  A community mod states that a track is required. 

3.  Tracks are provided. 

4.  Community mod states that they cannot reproduce the bug, and cannot view multiplayer tracks.  But that's where the problems occur...

... so the vibe from ED right now seems to be that this is simply unfixable, because their own recording tools are unable to record bugs in multiplayer for later analysis.  Or perhaps it would just take more resources than they care to devote to it. Either way, the final step: 

5.  Problem goes back to being ignored by ED and cursed by the rest of us, until a new report is made on the forum. Then GOTO 1.

At least they're making an effort. Before they didn't do too well with bug reporting and made me kinda upset too. But sometimes they can't reproduce and doesn't say that they're not making an effort. I've noticed some topics have it reported and they will get to it.. sometime.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2022 at 5:52 AM, Garrett3422 said:

If there are players on catapult 1 and 3, when the third player hooks the bar on catapult 2 he will not be fixed. The player will be able to move along the catapult with a jagged animation. Also he will not be able to leave the catapult, as the game will first let him move away from it and then "pull" him back

When I get a chance to do it in multiplayer again, I'll try to drop off the track. 

I will also attach a screenshot of an example of how the animation hangs.  (The plane in the screenshot is not the one attached to the catapult)

unknown.png

Yes I have had that a couple of times recently (maybe in last 6 weeks, in Stable Version) in MP both times on Cat1 but not sure if there 3 or 4 of us in mission. Soon after mission start the artefact was in place on Cat 1. When I got to it, my aircraft bucked and blew up (only dawned on me after the fact). After selecting new slot no issue. Also no one else in mission came across it.

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB