BETTER 3d in VR (greater depth) !!!

pastranario3

I do not see those same settings under the stereo category, not even close.

Rather hard to follow along with no voice in the video. Or maybe I am just dumb...

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Since I got the Aero, I pretty much have no reason to play DCS in flatscreen since the image quality is pretty much the same as my 4KTV.  Now with this 3D stereo enabled, it completely brings the visual experience up to another level, that is not possible on a flatscreen.  It's like watching a 3D movie at the theatre.  The world feels much more alive, and individual trees actually look 3D rather than a mere flat object.  Back to flying now, lol.

Edited by Supmua
  • Like 1

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

hace 5 minutos, dburne dijo:

I do not see those same settings under the stereo category, not even close.

Rather hard to follow along with no voice in the video. Or maybe I am just dumb...

Make sure you have this option pressed.

https://ibb.co/7W531Kh

hace 4 minutos, Supmua dijo:

Since I got the Aero, I pretty much have no reason to play DCS in flatscreen since the image quality is pretty much the same as my 4KTV.  Now with this 3D stereo enabled, it completely brings the visual experience up to another level, that is not possible on a flatscreen.  It's like watching a 3D movie at the theatre.  The world feels much more alive, and individual trees actually look 3D rather than a mere flat object.  Back to flying now, lol.

The same thing happened to me, just as you described. Luckily I have recovered the 3d view as at the beginning of the vr.

Ok never mind I apparently did not have the latest version of Profile Inspector, working through the settings now. Will report back in a bit.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Interesting, I'll give this a whirl later this morning.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained....  🙂

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Well I made some changes kinda hard to follow along in that video will see if I see any difference or if this even works for me. But no I would not view this as simple as "turning off and turning on" lol.

Ugh I said a couple of days ago I just wanted to fly and not mess with mods, and here I go again. Although this I guess would not be considered a game mod, more of a GPU driver tweak. So will future Nvidia driver updates overwrite these settings??

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

I am thinking I screwed up. Apparently I modded my Global Settings profile and not the DCS profile, I think I should have done the DCS profile? It appears it's stereo settings are still the default ones... What are you guys doing? Crap I did not want to be tweaking all day again.

Edit: Ok I reset global to default, now going to try plugging those settings in again except in my DCS Profile.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Ok made the changes to the Stereo settings per the video, under my DCS Profile in Nvidia Profile Inspector. Now to test.

Don B

Made the edits, flew around in the Apache using my standard Caucasus SP mission.  Not sure if I'm seeing that much of a diff, but I'll keep this in place for when I fly a bit more later today.  Not sure how much "pop" I'll get, especially when I'm flying with OpenXR at 150%, along with the Toolkit (no upscaling).  Plus, I'm using Mustang's terrain mod, along with Taz's tree mod.

Regardless, I'll still test this out more extensively later today. 

With OpenXR, the ToolKit, and I'll hold onto this mod, might be winning combo's.  🙂

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Using a G-2. and yes if you upgrade drivers you need to reset.  You don't have to go through that whole video process, it's already there under a profile called VRdirectX, find it in the list, and hit apply, simple as that.  The settings will activate and you'll see them flagged under the stereo section, they're the exact same settings.

Going to be most noticeable in mountains with shadows high and over the major cities like Vegas or Beirut.  I've always found it helps me ID aircraft specific types up close, can distinguish a 109K from a G, or even ID a G subclass.  Yeah it works superb in all your sims.  You'll more easily see all the antenna's and miscellaneous bumps and bulges, and cannons sticking out the front wings in close. 

Edited by Nodak

10 minutes ago, Nodak said:

Using a G-2. and yes if you upgrade drivers you need to reset.  You don't have to go through that whole video process, it's already there under a profile called VRdirectX, find it in the list, and hit apply, simple as that.  The settings will activate and you'll see them flagged under the stereo section, they're the exact same settings.

Yep, you're right.  I'm probably going to mess around with the individual parameters later.  Just did a mission in the GA campaign conversion with the Apache and it was wonderful.  This seems system wide also, which means it should work with other directX games like MSFS, etc.

Edited by Supmua

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Just flew a mission in the Apache, if this is making any difference for me it is hardly noticeable at least by me. Can't really say I see any difference at all. Running an Aero with native Steam VR ( not Open XR).

Not sure where other folks see improvements in this , I sure do not. Going back to my original DCS profile in NVCP.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

Did some flying in the other flightsim and I have no words to describe.  It's like magic, when you combine photogrammetry, OpenXR, Foveated, 3D stereo profile together in VR.  Innsbruck airport and the surroundings look so so good.  My fps seems a bit lower than what I can remember though, so more testing to do.

23 minutes ago, dureiken said:

Hi

just tried, didn't see some changes on my G2. And lot of artifacts on ground on caucasus. Gone back and no more problem

Can someone share a profile ? thanks

There's already a built in profile, VRdirectx and apply changes.  There are more VR profiles also but that's the one to use.

Holy <profanity>, on my Samsung Odyssey+ with 1080Ti its more sharp image than MSAAx 4 and I run none. For performence I even run 80% in OXRT, and NIS on 100%. Every single cocpit sign I can read without pushing my head next to it...

This topic should be pinned on top!

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey Plus+, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700k 5.1GHz (OC), Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Buttkicker 2 Gamer+SSA Sound Module, Virpil MangoosT-CM2 Base+Grip, Logitech X56 Throttle +Rudder, Logitech Z906 5.1, LG OLED 55'' 4K 120Hz
A10-C II,  AH-64D,  AV88NA,  F-14A/B,  F-16C,  F/A-18C,  Ka-50,  Mi-24,  Mi-8,  SA342,  UH-1H,  SuperCarrier,  Persian Gulf,  Nevada,  Syria,  Simshaker for Aviators

5 minutes ago, Supmua said:

Did some flying in the other flightsim and I have no words to describe.  It's like magic, when you combine photogrammetry, OpenXR, Foveated, 3D stereo profile together in VR.  Innsbruck airport and the surroundings look so so good.  My fps seems a bit lower than what I can remember though, so more testing to do.

There's already a built in profile, VRdirectx and apply changes.  There are more VR profiles also but that's the one to use.

The VRxxxx profiles are for an old game that was built for 3D glasses, it doesn't stand for Virtual Reality, some game might have been Virtual Rally, just to avoid confusion.  These profiles are from the late 90's early 2000's era from what I've been told, so they predate our current virtual reality HMD's.  3D glasses were all the rage back two decades ago, probably the suckass monitors they had back than that put the squash on them.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Supmua said:

Can't someone just click on" export selected profile only"  in NVI and send it here ?? 🙂

4 hours ago, pastranario3 said:

I have several, with all the ones I tried there are changes, rift s, HP reverb g1 (preferred), oculus quest 2.

Have tests with F18, instant action and free flight.  Over the city, seeing the horizon, the distance from the mountains, in my case they make a big difference.

Thank you! I only tried it when standing on the runway. Going to try a few flights as well. That said I got a few tips to adjust ipd on the 8kx during the time I’ve had it that people reported increased the 3d effect. Never did anything for me, but then again I’ve never had the problem with worldsize being off either. I wonder if it is because different people combine images in their brain differently? My ipd is around 60. Do you know if there is a way to increase the amount of convergence and/or 3d effect in an exaggerated way? 

4 hours ago, pastranario3 said:

Edited by Vitallini

I really don't  know why it showed no difference on my end , odd. I also reset Nvidia settings to default and adjusted my profile to what it was before, and now I get more stuttering than I was getting even though fps is the same. Wonder if any settings got left over and not changed when setting back to default? One day I am going to learn to stay away from these "tweaks".

I was quite happy with how it was, now I just want that back.

:doh:

Edit: You guys that are trying this and seeing a nice difference, where are you applying the new settings? To the Global Profile, or to a DCS Profile, or what?

Edited by dburne

Don B

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Nodak:

You don't have to go through that whole video process, it's already there under a profile called VRdirectX, find it in the list, and hit apply, simple as that.  The settings will activate and you'll see them flagged under the stereo section, they're the exact same settings.

Does hitting "apply" really immediately activate the VRdirectX profile or any other profile settings?

I always thought that clicking "apply" in nvinspector would save the changes to a profile.
The driver would activate them, when the configured .exe file is loaded and detected.

Maybe i misunderstand how that stuff works, but i would change the settings in the Global Profile or DCS Profile for them to get applied when DCS gets loaded.

Edited by Sile

13 minutes ago, dburne said:

I really don't  know why it showed no difference on my end , odd. I also reset Nvidia settings to default and adjusted my profile to what it was before, and now I get more stuttering than I was getting even though fps is the same. Wonder if any settings got left over and not changed when setting back to default? One day I am going to learn to stay away from these "tweaks".

I was quite happy with how it was, now I just want that back.

:doh:

Edit: You guys that are trying this and seeing a nice difference, where are you applying the new settings? To the Global Profile, or to a DCS Profile, or what?

if push comes to shove, I presume you could always uninstall the driver and then reinstall?  wouldn't that clobber everything with the nVidia default settings?

3 minutes ago, javelina1 said:

if push comes to shove, I presume you could always uninstall the driver and then reinstall?  wouldn't that clobber everything with the nVidia default settings?

Yes that is definitely an option thanks.

Don B