BETTER 3d in VR (greater depth) !!!

pastranario3

Hnmm well maybe I will give another shot tomorrow.

Still not entirely clear on where these settings should be applied and how my DCS Profile in Nvidia Control Panel may affect it. Did I see him make a new profile early on in that vid called 3D VR or something? And if so does he tie it in to a game executable like I do with my flight sim profiles or does it just automatically apply globally on it's own?? Maybe the way I did it earlier it was not really applying anything which is why I saw no difference. But I did see more stuttering which lead me to nuking the drivers and doing a clean install again of my Nvidia drivers to get my smooth performance back.

One of these days I am going to learn any mods at all are just not worth the aggravation. I found that out with the current Open XR Mod for DCS. Now I know Profile Inspector is just exposing more GPU driver level options so not really a game mod, but still it can lead to similar frustrations as if it were a game mod.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Tips to get nice looking trees together with 3D effects.  Leave the forest visibility setting at 100% but reduce the detail as needed instead.  This will eliminate texture pop-ups on trees when you fly by for really nice visual treats.  Trees and forests look especially good in Marinaras map.

5 hours ago, dureiken said:

are the guys seeing a difference with steamVR ? because I don't see a difference with my DCS steam VR on g2

Yep.  This and MSFS are the only OpenXR games I have, everything else I tested was via SteamVR OpenVR.

Edited by Supmua
  • Thanks 1

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

17 hours ago, Supmua said:

My profile 3DVR.zip which should be the same as the one in video, for people who don't want to do it themselves.  Load with nvidiaProfileInspector app and apply changes.

No idea, Don.  I see the diff right away, it's neither subtle nor exaggerated in terms of pop-out and depth effects, just about right for me.

Ok going to try this again here in a little while. Hoping I see a difference. I have imported your profile and applied to my Nvidia settings. Question - would I need to apply to my Nvidia settings after each pc reboot?

Edit: Also I have a profile in Nvidia Control Panel I use for DCS - I assume these will not conflict with each other in any way? As my profile is tied to my DCS executable and your VR settings appear to be applied globally?

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

24 minutes ago, dburne said:

Ok going to try this again here in a little while. Hoping I see a difference. I have imported your profile and applied to my Nvidia settings. Question - would I need to apply to my Nvidia settings after each pc reboot?

Edit: Also I have a profile in Nvidia Control Panel I use for DCS - I assume these will not conflict with each other in any way? As my profile is tied to my DCS executable and your VR settings appear to be applied globally?

Yeah this is my question as well. Is there a conflict between having an nvidia control panel individual DCS setting/profile and running this?

Edited by MoleUK

I think that you can also put those parameters in your custom DCS profile.  It's called Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark there.  Just run the inspector app and bring up that profile then add the stereoscopic parameters in there and apply.  I haven't done this myself as I use universal profile, so not 100% sure and do it at your own risk.

Basically 5 parameters to add to the Stereo section of the profile:

(***Do not use mouse scroll wheel with this app because it will autoselect the next profile on the list on the selection box, use mouse cursor on the scrollbar to move the page up/down instead***)

1. RHWLessAtScreen choose VRdirectx

2. StereoConvergence choose VRdirectx

3. StereoCutoff, scroll/drag text input all the way to left and edit the number so it shows 0x0000000 instead of 0x0000001

4. StereoProfile choose Yes

5. StereoTextureEnable, scroll/drag text input all the way to left and edit the number so it shows 0x0000000 instead of 0x0000001

Verify that all the settings are correct, then hit Apply changes.

Edit:  correction to the 1st entry.  Should be RHWLessAtScreen, instead of RHWLessAtScreenLess.

Edited by Supmua
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Ok I will first try it with your VR profile and see if that works for me, if I can see no difference I will then try adding to my DCS profile and see if I then see a difference. Thanks for the info.

Don B

56 minutes ago, Supmua said:

I think that you can also put those parameters in your custom DCS profile.  It's called Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark there.  Just run the inspector app and bring up that profile then add the stereoscopic parameters in there and apply.  I haven't done this myself as I use universal profile, so not 100% sure and do it at your own risk.

(***Do not use mouse scroll wheel with this app because it will autoselect the next profile on the list on the selection box, use mouse cursor on the scrollbar to move the page up/down instead***)

1. RHWLessAtScreenLess choose VRdirectx

3. StereoCutoff, scroll/drag text input all the way to left and edit the number so it shows 0x0000000 instead of 0x0000001

5. StereoTextureEnable, scroll/drag text input all the way to left and edit the number so it shows 0x0000000 instead of 0x0000001

Holy Crap!

Ok so first I tried importing your settings with your 3d VR profile, and it worked! What a nice difference this has brought! Do you have to re-apply your settings after each PC- reboot? I suppose I could try adding to my DCS profile and see how it does there, though it would now be a duplicate of what I have already set. But maybe adding to my DCS profile would prevent having to reapply the settings upon each bootup if that is so?

Edited by dburne

Don B

9 minutes ago, dburne said:

Holy Crap!

Ok so first I tried importing your settings with your 3d VR profile, and it worked! What a nice difference this has brought! Do you have to re-apply your settings after each PC- reboot? I suppose I could try adding to my DCS profile and see how it does there, though it would now be a duplicate of what I have already set. But maybe adding to my DCS profile would prevent having to reapply the settings upon each bootup if that is so?

This is why I said that this is as important as OpenXR or Reshade for me in terms of VR experience.  For some reason, my 3D setting sticks even after reboot but I'm going to add the parameters to DCS profile anyway since I can just take them out anytime I want to.

• Like 1

Just now, Supmua said:

This is why I said that this is as important as OpenXR or Reshade for me in terms of VR experience.  For some reason, my 3D setting sticks even after reboot but I'm going to add the parameters to DCS profile anyway since I can just take them out anytime I want to.

:thumbup:

Sounds like a plan, think I will do the same.

Don B

1 hour ago, Supmua said:

Cheers, that's a great help.

I just spent about an hour in DCS VR with the global setting applied and it definitely felt like there was more depth, particularly to the rims of the gauges and the floating text. Not sure if it's placebo or not but will try applying it all to my DCS profile.

Edited by MoleUK

21 minutes ago, Supmua said:

The first two options you had listed do not show up for me in the profile for DCS in Profile Inspector for some reason, the remaining three do. Hopefully the first two being set in the 3d VR settings profile will be affective there.

Edited by dburne

Don B

15 minutes ago, dburne said:

The first two options you had listed do not show up for me in the profile for DCS in Profile Inspector for some reason, the remaining three do. Hopefully the first two being set in the 3d VR settings profile will be affective there.

Don, did you click on this?  https://ibb.co/7W531Kh

(info/pic via the OP).

Indeed, this is a pretty cool thingy.  I'm going to try out the other WWII sim and M$F$ later today, (for grins).  I do like it for DCS.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

20 minutes ago, javelina1 said:

Don, did you click on this?  https://ibb.co/7W531Kh

(info/pic via the OP).

Indeed, this is a pretty cool thingy.  I'm going to try out the other WWII sim and M$F$ later today, (for grins).  I do like it for DCS.

Yeah that is in global settings, I have no problem there. Just when trying to set the same settings in my IL-2 Profile in Nvidia Control Panel I do not see where I can change the first two options. They are listed but the drop down box does not give me other settings to choose from like it did in the 3dVR Profile I created.

In any event it is still working for me so I am quite happy, and I guess having it in the 3DVR profile it should apply across all my games. I suppose it could be I need to scratch the IL-2 Profile and rebuild it with the Nvidia Inspector I now have, who knows.

Edited by dburne

Don B

17 minutes ago, dureiken said:

can it be used with SVR, reshade, simplex mods ? or I have to disable all of that

because still don't see nothing lol

I would not consider this a Mod it just exposes some more tweaks to the Nvidia Graphics Settings. I suppose if one of  your Mods affects those same settings in Nvidia graphics it could clash with it. Otherwise I would think it should be fine. I myself do not currently run any Mods in DCS. No game files are changed with this.

Edited by dburne

Don B

2 hours ago, Supmua said:

Trying to apply it to the DCS profile, but I can't see #1 in the list of stereo options at all. The other 4 are there. Is that a problem?

hace 54 minutos, dburne dijo:

I would not consider this a Mod it just exposes some more tweaks to the Nvidia Graphics Settings. I suppose if one of  your Mods affects those same settings in Nvidia graphics it could clash with it. Otherwise I would think it should be fine. I myself do not currently run any Mods in DCS. No game files are changed with this.

Greetings.

hace 1 hora, dureiken dijo:

can it be used with SVR, reshade, simplex mods ? or I have to disable all of that

because still don't see nothing lol

In the squad that I fly, those who have VR are very happy with this mod, some have openxr, others steam vr, some with re shader, etc.  and they have no problems.  therefore there would be no problem adding it to another mod.

Edited by pastranario3

4 minutes ago, pastranario3 said:

You are very sensitive, tell me what you would call it, a pity that it did not work for you, please let others have the incredible opportunity to try.  Greetings.

Umm excuse me sir? I suggest you read through the thread again. If not that would be the real pity.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Just now, pastranario3 said:

Sorry if I misinterpret the translation

Yeah pretty sure you did there. I am quite happy with making these tweaks.

Don B

32 minutes ago, MoleUK said:

Trying to apply it to the DCS profile, but I can't see #1 in the list of stereo options at all. The other 4 are there. Is that a problem?

Same here, the first one RHWLessAtScreenLess doesn't give any option other than 0s

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

all i did was use nvidia inspector and delete the dcs exe from the digital combat profile, then load the profile provided by fella in this thread and add dcs exe's to that profile.  Seem to work for me unless its all in my head

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

hace 3 minutos, rcjonessnp175 dijo:

all i did was use nvidia inspector and delete the dcs exe from the digital combat profile, then load the profile provided by fella in this thread and add dcs exe's to that profile.  Seem to work for me unless its all in my head

You don't have to remove any profile as this works globally, adding the first video from post 1 or loading the default vrdirectx profile is enough.  But you have reached the same result and that is good too.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, diamond26 said:

Same here, the first one RHWLessAtScreenLess doesn't give any option other than 0s

Sorry it was a typo on my part, should be RHWLessAtScreen instead.  That one governs the other two below.  Guys, you can pretty much use any profile in anyway you want just make sure that it includes those stereo parameters so you can see proper 3D effects.

Edited by Supmua