BETTER 3d in VR (greater depth) !!!

pastranario3

11 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

That's the thing, how does one compare if there is no difference to be seen?
I find the 3D effects not bad at all but Don also thought he had very good 3D effects until this trick enhanced his experience.

Make sure you are using those profiles by selecting these option:
image.png

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey Plus+, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700k 5.1GHz (OC), Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Buttkicker 2 Gamer+SSA Sound Module, Virpil MangoosT-CM2 Base+Grip, Logitech X56 Throttle +Rudder, Logitech Z906 5.1, LG OLED 55'' 4K 120Hz
A10-C II,  AH-64D,  AV88NA,  F-14A/B,  F-16C,  F/A-18C,  Ka-50,  Mi-24,  Mi-8,  SA342,  UH-1H,  SuperCarrier,  Persian Gulf,  Nevada,  Syria,  Simshaker for Aviators

Always used that one, still do today.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I tried to download install and did as in the video, everyone knows how to pass very well, except that I saw no difference with before.
Either I did something wrong or it doesn't change anything for me.
How to know ??🤔

And I installed the latest nvidia driver

11 minutes ago, PLUTON said:

I tried to download install and did as in the video, everyone knows how to pass very well, except that I saw no difference with before.
Either I did something wrong or it doesn't change anything for me.
How to know ??🤔

And I installed the latest nvidia driver

All you can do really is double and tripled check the settings you applied as compared to the OP in this thread. For whatever reason for a few the settings do not seem to be producing the same result as for others. Does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I know for me the first time I tried it produced no result and I had given up on it, then I saw others posting good results so I went in and tried again being very careful with inputting my settings with Supmua's help and it worked for me. 

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Theres an easy method posted by OP though, just select the VRdirect profile and press apply. Shouldn't be too hard to get this wrong.

But these settings are for discontinued 3D shutter glasses (long before PC VR was a thing) and no longer have any effect in present day NVIDIA drivers, see here

Depth perception is very subjective, i.e. when I switch from Cuacasus to Syria or Marianas, my brain thinks depth projection has improved just because there's a lot more detail. So some people may notice this as an improvement. The fact that they cannot undo the setting changes imho hints at these settings having no effect in the first place.

Another thing that happens is that these profiles also change some AF, bias, mipmap, texture, rendering settings to defaults. These settings actually work with present day NVIDIA drivers and may affect depth perception due to detail changes depending on what people hat selected in their nvidia DCS profile. Better texture filtering -> more detail -> more depth perception. This could also explain while people can't undo these settings, as they believe they need to modify those deprecated stereo settings while they actually should restore i.e. texture filtering to the previous values.

Edited by winghunter

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

2 hours ago, dburne said:

All you can do really is double and tripled check the settings you applied as compared to the OP in this thread. For whatever reason for a few the settings do not seem to be producing the same result as for others. Does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I know for me the first time I tried it produced no result and I had given up on it, then I saw others posting good results so I went in and tried again being very careful with inputting my settings with Supmua's help and it worked for me. 

I’ve been quiet here, being one of those who wanted to but could not see any differences. Took several approaches, new profiles and use of the existing profile, and nothing. Finally cleared everything and edited the DCS Black Shark profile as suggested by Supuma on page 4 and bingo. Just flew the route on the instant action AH 64D mission on Tinian, and was blown away by the 3d imagery. That has very special meaning for me as my dad was a Navy medic in WW II and finished on Tinian after action on the surrounding islands. He was there and watched when the Enola Gay took off. It was all secret but they could tell something unprecedented and terrifying was happening. I don’t want to get into the morality of it all on this forum, but it is special to me to be able to fly a helicopter around the island where my dad ended his 4 tough years of service. 

• Like 3

i9 11900KF, RTX 3090 24GB G DDR6X, 1TB SSD, 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, Reverb G2.

I believe the required changes are:

RHWLessAtScreen -> 0x3C144AA5 

StereoConvergence -> 0x3AC49BA5 

StereoCuttoff -> 0x00000000

StereoProfile -> Yes

StereoTextureEnable -> 0x00000000

is that correct?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

2 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

I believe the required changes are:

RHWLessAtScreen -> 0x3C144AA5 

StereoConvergence -> 0x3AC49BA5 

StereoCuttoff -> 0x00000000

StereoProfile -> Yes

is that correct?

Looks correct to me.

Not that it matters but on mine those first two settings have at the end (VRdirectx)

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

14 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Always used that one, still do today.

Did u try to delete your googles crossaligment file, and reset tool with autoexec?

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey Plus+, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700k 5.1GHz (OC), Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Buttkicker 2 Gamer+SSA Sound Module, Virpil MangoosT-CM2 Base+Grip, Logitech X56 Throttle +Rudder, Logitech Z906 5.1, LG OLED 55'' 4K 120Hz
A10-C II,  AH-64D,  AV88NA,  F-14A/B,  F-16C,  F/A-18C,  Ka-50,  Mi-24,  Mi-8,  SA342,  UH-1H,  SuperCarrier,  Persian Gulf,  Nevada,  Syria,  Simshaker for Aviators

Nope but then i don't have WMR installed, i'm running native Oculus, no need for all that <profanity>.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

1 hour ago, dburne said:

Looks correct to me.

Not that it matters but on mine those first two settings have at the end (VRdirectx)

Yeah they do, but the actual thing that changes it is the numbers 👍

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Interestingly, on the Varjo Aero, red color on black background also exhibits pop-out effect.  In DCS, this can be seen with the Apache engine page where the red lines seem to pop out of the MPD background--at least on my headset.  In discord app, the 100 reaction icon also exhibits the same thing.  When you close one eye the pop-out goes away, I'm not sure if this is due to some sort of optical illusion or slight pixel shift between 2 eye renderings.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

40 minutes ago, Supmua said:

Interestingly, on the Varjo Aero, red color on black background also exhibits pop-out effect.  In DCS, this can be seen with the Apache engine page where the red lines seem to pop out of the MPD background--at least on my headset.  In discord app, the 100 reaction icon also exhibits the same thing.  When you close one eye the pop-out goes away, I'm not sure if this is due to some sort of optical illusion or slight pixel shift between 2 eye renderings.

I notice this as well with Quest 2, and in addition also notice the Blue Airfield Taxi and or marker lights

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

1 hour ago, Supmua said:

can you make a screenshot this would explain a lot

1 hour ago, winghunter said:

can you make a screenshot this would explain a lot

I can't because you won't see it in screenshots, just as you cannot see stereoscopy in single flat image.  This red color behavior nothing new and has been discussed in Varjo discord in the past.

1 hour ago, rcjonessnp175 said:

I notice this as well with Quest 2, and in addition also notice the Blue Airfield Taxi and or marker lights

I haven't noticed anything with the blue, but the red color pop on dark background is pretty noticeable on my Aero.

Edited by Supmua

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I guess we'll find out if this is snake oil after the next nVidia driver update?  Wouldn't it clobber the settings?  Then we can try another comparison?  (for the record, I'm a user of this tweak).

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

speed-of-heat said:

RHWLessAtScreen -> 0x3C144AA5

StereoConvergence -> 0x3AC49BA5

StereoCuttoff -> 0x00000000

StereoProfile -> Yes

and that's what I did and it finally works I think since we see a difference especially in the Caucasus mountains.
Since I have nosées and in addition find that the image of my G2
and more vague, so I think I'll resume as it 🙃

For me it doesn't make a big enough difference for me to break my head for it.

7 hours ago, Supmua said:

I can't because you won't see it in screenshots, just as you cannot see stereoscopy in single flat image.  This red color nothing new and has been discussed in Varjo discord in the past.

If you set DCS VR mirror to both, the screenshots will record both eyes

Since you're interested.  Image size is reduced to 50% due to upload limit.  Keep in mind that the red color pop-out is an unwanted effect and I don't believe it has anything to do with NVIDIA setting since it's a known issue even before this thread.  I do enjoy the 3D popouts but this is not the type that I had in mind.

Untitled.png

Edited by Supmua
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Supmua said:

Interestingly, on the Varjo Aero, red color on black background also exhibits pop-out effect.  In DCS, this can be seen with the Apache engine page where the red lines seem to pop out of the MPD background--at least on my headset.

Thanks for the stereo screenshot!

I have overlayed the  MDF from left and right eyes in photoshop with a difference filter. So there is no positional offset visible other than the button geometry / perspective and a bit of aliasing around the edges of MFD graphics. So the red popout effect must be something happening within the Varjo, possibly related to offsets in mini-LED displays. But I dont see how this mod could affect the Varjo software, let alone current gen NVIDIA drivers.

image.psd.jpg

The PSD with left & right eye layers is also attached, you can open it via https://www.photopea.com/#i3zvNONKJ if you dont have photoshop.

Other than that your screenshot looks comparable to mine regarding left/right eye shift, even though I dont have the Apache to compare.

Screen_220424_232715.jpg

image.psd.psd

Edited by winghunter
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, corb said:

Do we need to manually start the Nvidia Profiler every time before we start DCS?  or is the settings one time deal?

Should be one time deal. At least it has been for me. I guess if one does an occasional clean install of the Nvidia drivers may need to apply again.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

15 hours ago, corb said:

Do we need to manually start the Nvidia Profiler every time before we start DCS?  or is the settings one time deal?

I had to change values again when I choise clean instalation of drivers:
ka02R0000001DlfQAE_en_US_2.jpeg

did the latest driver just bork this ?