BETTER 3d in VR (greater depth) !!!

pastranario3

4 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

did the latest driver just bork this ?

I had added the 5 settings to my Black Shark profile and the latest driver reset them. I had to re enter them. 

• Like 1

i9 11900KF, RTX 3090 24GB G DDR6X, 1TB SSD, 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, Reverb G2.

29 minutes ago, DucS2r said:

I had added the 5 settings to my Black Shark profile and the latest driver reset them. I had to re enter them. 

Odd just updating driver really should not touch the profiles. Clean install ya, but just an update seems odd. I have not updated to those latest drivers yet will be sure and check it out after I do.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

52 minutes ago, DucS2r said:

Yep I just updated to latest drivers, I had to do the same as they got reset after just updating driver. Had to re-enter all 5 settings. Actually I think I had one that stayed the same - Stereo Convergence - Yes. The other 4 I had to change again.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

4 hours ago, dburne said:

Yep I just updated to latest drivers, I had to do the same as they got reset after just updating driver. Had to re-enter all 5 settings. Actually I think I had one that stayed the same - Stereo Convergence - Yes. The other 4 I had to change again.

4 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

yep same

since it clobbered your tweak settings with the driver update, did you notice a difference?  Did you fly with the new driver before resetting the tweaks?  Just curious on the feedback.

TIA

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

7 minutes ago, javelina1 said:

since it clobbered your tweak settings with the driver update, did you notice a difference?  Did you fly with the new driver before resetting the tweaks?  Just curious on the feedback.

TIA

No I did not fly with the new driver before resetting the tweaks, did them all after driver update. Have not resumed flying yet, will be in the morning.

Don B

1 hour ago, dburne said:

No I did not fly with the new driver before resetting the tweaks, did them all after driver update. Have not resumed flying yet, will be in the morning.

thanks Don

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Anyone checked after nvidia driver update to see if there is a difference in 3d effect?
I would hate to not have that 3d effect boost when I reapply the settings after driver update.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Yeah, did a clean driver update two days ago, it was noticeable instantly on the forests at a little altitude and on the cities, simple fix, just redid the settings.
Great. Thanks for the heads up.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

1 hour ago, Nodak said:

Yeah, did a clean driver update two days ago, it was noticeable instantly on the forests at a little altitude and on the cities, simple fix, just redid the settings.

Yep same here, just redid the settings after driver update and all is well.

Don B

I recently noticed the loss of the extra 3D effect after updating, switching API modes, etc.  Interestingly, reapplying those parameters directly into the NVIDIA's DCS: Black Shark profile brought it right back.  Definitely saw the difference since I was running the exact same mission in OpenXR as well as OpenVR back to back just prior to the change.  Not only that, there appears to be a slight bump in clarity as well...without any change in resolution or other graphic settings.

I've also tried to reverse it, again without success.  So, this points to the possibility that every new NVIDIA update did something that caused suboptimal stereoscopy and clarity in VR (it also reset my profile)...and for some reason just running NVInspector and adjusting whatever sham values together with applying changes to the profile help correct this.  The stereoscopic visuals that I have now after running NVI is really really good.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

1 hour ago, Supmua said:

I recently noticed the loss of the extra 3D effect after updating, switching API modes, etc.  Interestingly, reapplying those parameters directly into the NVIDIA's DCS: Black Shark profile brought it right back.  Definitely saw the difference since I was running the exact same mission in OpenXR as well as OpenVR back to back just prior to the change.  Not only that, there appears to be a slight bump in clarity as well...without any change in resolution or other graphic settings.

I've also tried to reverse it, again without success.  So, this points to the possibility that every new NVIDIA update did something that caused suboptimal stereoscopy and clarity in VR (it also reset my profile)...and for some reason just running NVInspector and adjusting whatever sham values together with applying changes to the profile help correct this.  The stereoscopic visuals that I have now after running NVI is really really good.

Yeah same here, after just updating driver (not clean install) I still had to go back in and input the values again to get it back. And then voila all was well again. 

Don B

1 hour ago, dburne said:

Yeah same here, after just updating driver (not clean install) I still had to go back in and input the values again to get it back. And then voila all was well again. 

My theory is that, any values you put in the Stereo section of the profile--doesn't matter what--will give (or in this case perhaps restore) optimal stereoscopic effect and clarity after clicking on Apply Changes in NVI.

Edited by Supmua

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

• 2 weeks later...

New GeForce driver is out.  I urge people to update then try DCS right away without making any change to the current profile and then compared the visuals after you make the change with NVI.  Let’s see what happens.  I’m not going to dial in any parameters with NVI, just going to hit apply changes on the second run.

EDIT:  Got slight increase in 3D effect and clarity again after NVI apply changes (This time I made no parameter changes other than stereo profile on, but I don't think any input besides Apply Changes has any meaningful effect).  So I'm mostly convinced that every new update did something bad to the default profile (at least my profile) causing reduced clarity and less 3D stereoscopic effect and this got corrected after running NVI.

Edited by Supmua

1 hour ago, Supmua said:

causing reduced clarity and 3D stereoscopic effect and this got corrected after running NVI.

When you say "corrected after running NVI" do you mean after making the single parameter change of Stereo Profile on or making the full five changes?

Edited by Jive

1 hour ago, Jive said:

When you say "corrected after running NVI" do you mean after making the single parameter change of Stereo Profile on or making the full five changes?

I don't think changing stereo profile to on, or any additional parameters, did anything, it is just so that I can click Apply Changes afterward and cause it to save over the default profile.  Sometimes unless you make a change clicking save will not save.

Edited by Supmua

53 minutes ago, Tusk.V said:

So all we have to do is download the inspector and use the built-in profile?

Last time I had to go in and set my game profiles with the settings again, so this time I just went ahead and did it again assuming it would be the same. And sure enough those settings had reset themselves after updating the driver.

Don B

After buying new GPU I install new system from scratch, so full formal c:/, clean drivers etc. And once again something pick my attention in DCS profile - SLI:

image.png

Why its not on default?

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey Plus+, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700k 5.1GHz (OC), Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Buttkicker 2 Gamer+SSA Sound Module, Virpil MangoosT-CM2 Base+Grip, Logitech X56 Throttle +Rudder, Logitech Z906 5.1, LG OLED 55'' 4K 120Hz
A10-C II,  AH-64D,  AV88NA,  F-14A/B,  F-16C,  F/A-18C,  Ka-50,  Mi-24,  Mi-8,  SA342,  UH-1H,  SuperCarrier,  Persian Gulf,  Nevada,  Syria,  Simshaker for Aviators

1 hour ago, Tusk.V said:

According to my personal testings, clicking Apply changes to the global or DCS profile via NVI is all that is needed to get optimized stereoscope and clarity.  I don’t know for sure if this also applies to other people’s PC. 

34 minutes ago, Supmua said:

According to my personal testings, clicking Apply changes to the global or DCS profile via NVI is all that is needed to get optimized stereoscope and clarity.  I don’t know for sure if this also applies to other people’s PC. 

Hmm you don't have to re-enter the settings for them to apply? If not I will try that with the next gpu driver update.

Don B

2 hours ago, Tusk.V said:

Have a look at Supmua's settings on page 4, or his shared profile on page 3. That's how I got it working at least

3D VR NPI Tweaks.jpg

The five settings highlighted in bold are what needs to be changed, to see them you also need to highlight "show unknown settings from Nvidia predefined settings" in NVI.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 2

Don B

1 hour ago, dburne said:

3D VR NPI Tweaks.jpg

The five settings highlighted in bold are what needs to be changed, to see them you also need to highlight "show unknown settings from Nvidia predefined settings" in NVI.

Hi, I noticed this topic Today.

Honestly - tested but ... I dont see any improvemnts (G2), I did the same (under DCS profile):

b5cqog2.jpg

Maybe placebo? But I saw some people reprted good results, hmmm ...

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro