BETTER 3d in VR (greater depth) !!!

pastranario3

2 minutes ago, dureiken said:

do we have to add DCS as en executable ? thanks

No it’s system wide, activated with anything VR that uses directX.  I just tried on a bunch of different games around 8-9 even VR movies and they all work.  HL Alyx in particular has great depth effects.  I have to take a break now though, getting a little nauseous from doing this with action games.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

10 minutes ago, Supmua said:

No it’s system wide, activated with anything VR that uses directX.  I just tried on a bunch of different games around 8-9 even VR movies and they all work.  HL Alyx in particular has great depth effects.  I have to take a break now though, getting a little nauseous from doing this with action games.

just curious, what are your DCS Shadow settings?

Edited by javelina1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

4 minutes ago, javelina1 said:

just curious, what are your DCS Shadow settings?

Flat/Default.  The 2nd value doesn’t matter much because it can’t go higher than the general shadows setting.

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

2 minutes ago, Supmua said:

Flat/Default.  The 2nd value doesn’t matter much because it can’t go higher than the general shadows setting.

gracias

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

20 minutes ago, Supmua said:

So where did you make the change in Nvidia Profile Inspector? Global Tab? Interesting that you see a difference and I see none.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

7 minutes ago, dburne said:

So where did you make the change in Nvidia Profile Inspector? Global Tab? Interesting that you see a difference and I see none.

You can do either, just gotta understand how it works.  As the OP stated in his original post, do it his way with a custom profile and it won’t stick after reboot.  It will be permanent if you add those extra parameters to the global profile.

2 minutes ago, Supmua said:

You can do either, just gotta understand how it works.  As the OP stated in his original post, do it his way with a custom profile and it won’t stick after reboot.  It will be permanent if you add those extra parameters to the global profile.

just using VRdirectX profil and apply changes works ? thanks

1 minute ago, dureiken said:

just using VRdirectX profil and apply changes works ? thanks

Yes but you have to reload and apply changes after each reboot, as the OP stated.

Well I tried resetting the settings by hitting the default button but I do not believe it clears out all those custom settings we input. I already had a DCS profile that was set to load when the game launched, same as my other game profiles. I tried setting it in there and could see no perceivable difference. Tried going back to default and now I have additional stuttering I did not have. If I set it in default global but have a profile for DCS it is going to override the global with the profile settings I have for DCS.

I think at this point may be best for me to do a clean install of the drivers using DDU. Ugh. This is certainly not a simple "on or off" type of thing. I will be happy if I can just get it back to the way it was at this point.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

2 minutes ago, dburne said:

Well I tried resetting the settings by hitting the default button but I do not believe it clears out all those custom settings we input. I already had a DCS profile that was set to load when the game launched, same as my other game profiles. I tried setting it in there and could see no perceivable difference. Tried going back to default and now I have additional stuttering I did not have. If I set it in default global but have a profile for DCS it is going to override the global with the profile settings I have for DCS.

I think at this point may be best for me to do a clean install of the drivers using DDU. Ugh. This is certainly not a simple "on or off" type of thing.

If you have a profile that loads with DCS then add parameters to that profile.  The software is just an advanced editor for NVIDIA GPU profile files, it doesn’t really mess with anything else. 

Just now, dureiken said:

did you disable Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark ? thanks

I don’t use a custom NVIDIA profile with DCS if that’s what you meant.

I wish to see face people that invest fortune for new rig if old was just fine - it needed just some extra setup like this + OVR.

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey Plus+, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700k 5.1GHz (OC), Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Buttkicker 2 Gamer+SSA Sound Module, Virpil MangoosT-CM2 Base+Grip, Logitech X56 Throttle +Rudder, Logitech Z906 5.1, LG OLED 55'' 4K 120Hz
A10-C II,  AH-64D,  AV88NA,  F-14A/B,  F-16C,  F/A-18C,  Ka-50,  Mi-24,  Mi-8,  SA342,  UH-1H,  SuperCarrier,  Persian Gulf,  Nevada,  Syria,  Simshaker for Aviators

Well I cleaned my drivers with DDU and did a fresh clean install of latest again, back to my smoothness one again and looking great. Since I saw no real difference I think I will leave well enough alone now and stay away from Profile Inspector and making these changes. You guys that do see a difference, I am glad for you and enjoy. I saw none on my end and only gave me grief and more importantly took away some flying time today lol.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

Will have a test of this later on 🙂

Edited by edmuss

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

34 minutes ago, dureiken said:

are the guys seeing a difference with steamVR ? because I don't see a difference with my DCS steam VR on g2

I saw no difference here with my Aero and Steam VR.

Don B

My profile 3DVR.zip which should be the same as the one in video, for people who don't want to do it themselves.  Load with nvidiaProfileInspector app and apply changes.

37 minutes ago, dburne said:

I saw no difference here with my Aero and Steam VR.

No idea, Don.  I see the diff right away, it's neither subtle nor exaggerated in terms of pop-out and depth effects, just about right for me.

Edited by Supmua
  • Like 3

@Supmua loaded up your profile with the G2 and whilst it's not quite IN YOUR FACE like the first time I flew in elite dangerous in the DK2 it does give a nice subtle boost to the depth perception.  This + open composite @125% locked to 45fps without reprojection is very nice indeed 🙂

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

Could be a video card manufacturer issue, or the HMD brand won't do it.  I'm using a ASUS TUFF 3080 and G-2, been using this since January when I accidentally stumbled on that VRdirectx setting trying anything and everything to get IL-2 functioning.  My gunnery improved so much and eyeball navigation is so much easier by looking out the pit can't do without it.

I also find that I have less cross-eye issue with this profile.  Aiming is easier without having to close one eye.

Very nice improvement. Things look definitely much better and reveal more small details, like the geometry of the ball in the slip indicator. Horizon line and everything else got more depth as well. Reverb G2 using. What great time to fly in VR.

@dburne really worth to get it run. I remember from the nvidia 3D Vision glasses I had before VR, that V-sync always needs to be off to get a clean 3D effect with it... maybe some small setting like that only, which need to be fixed...

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

Wow so with my quest 2 I see the more pronounced 3d effect.  What really tells me it’s stronger is the tickle in the brain.  Well done, and it’s not like crazy over done 3d like back when I flew on a 55 inch 3d tv in nvidia 3dvision.  Need to go get shot at and see if the tracers are more pronounced in 3d like back in 3d days.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.