Two funny start up items and a bad joke on take off

So going through start up tutorial there are two funny items in how turotial was designed, and a bad joke on take off.

On start up, it turns out that I am unable to tell if the mask hoses are properly plug-ind, because up or down, open or closed, I cannot tell the difference. As highlight remains on either way. Same thing for oxygen rotary to the left. 

The bad joke, is that according to A1A , take off is hands off the pitch. The aircraft will lift itself off at 180 knots.

Well that does not happen in training mission, the aircraft rolls on runway until tires blow. Of course it takes off fine, if stick is pulled back between 160 and 180 knots. But the manual is misinformed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

So going through start up tutorial there are two funny items in how turotial was designed, and a bad joke on take off.

On start up, it turns out that I am unable to tell if the mask hoses are properly plug-ind, because up or down, open or closed, I cannot tell the difference. As highlight remains on either way. Same thing for oxygen rotary to the left. 

The bad joke, is that according to A1A , take off is hands off the pitch. The aircraft will lift itself off at 180 knots.

Well that does not happen in training mission, the aircraft rolls on runway until tires blow. Of course it takes off fine, if stick is pulled back between 160 and 180 knots. But the manual is misinformed.

Hi.

Don't take my word for it, I 'm a simple lover of the Cat, but the oxygen mask will do a diference if you climb over 10.000 ft and stay there for some time. Your sight will become blurry and turning into grey..., at least this happened last time I forgot to set it up proplerly.

About auto take off, I suppose it is Trim dependant. Trim some nose up until it lifts off hands free.

Saludos.

Saca111

• Thanks 1

I think what OP meant was that the tutorial just doesn't clearly indicate which settings are the actual correct ones.

You could probably find out quickly by starting a quick mission in a hot-start aircraft and looking at it - I'd assume it is all set up for flight then. Yet the issue remains, if setting these things up is part of the tutorial the tutorial should stop highlighting once it's right, else there is not much point to it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Both are right. There is a take off trim function, and an emergency function that will add up elevator to take off at 180 knots. Yea the tires will usually blow before then based on weight, it is an emergency function.

That being said, I know some take off pitch moments have been changed, and hasn’t worked so well for me lately, but that is the way it’s supposed to be. The take off trim occurring at 108 knots, and emergency auto take off at 180 knots which is faster then you should ever leave the ground 

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Take an empty jet and 50% fuel load, and as you approach 180 kts, pull the power off so it slowly accelerates through 180 kts, then you'll see it in operation.

The tires only burst if you abuse the aircraft or exceed absolute tires speed limits (200 kts IIRC). Tires really do have such low safety margins.

I wish the pitch problem would be addressed as a matter of priority. It flew really well and now is busted.

Edited by Tiger-II
  • Like 1

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."