DCS DMPS (DTC Mission Planning System) by Bailey

Bailey

Make use of the new Mirage M2000-C DTC feature with DMPS (definitely is in no way related to JMPS)!

DMPS logo.png

Download here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3321705/

Welcome to DCS DTC Mission Planning System (DCS-DMPS, a play on JMPS).
With DMPS you can create DTCs. Simple as that.  Includes both a standalone and in-game integrated version, much like DCS-Scratchpad or SRS.

pic5.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic6.jpg

Along the top you will be able to select your aircraft, terrain (map), date, and the name
of the DTC cartridge. You will then, be able to enter data such as:
Waypoint name, Lat, long, altitude, cp, pd, rd, rho, theta, dalt, dnorth, and deast.
More information can be found on the download page. Thanks DCSTheWay for the insight on getting coords from the map. Enjoy!
Here is the Git: https://github.com/asherao/DCS-DTC-Mission-Planning-Software

Releases:
v0.2.0
- Initial release of Integrated app
v0.2.1
- Fixed Longitude export
v0.3.0
- Added Integrated App DTC Import
- Changed the color of the Integrated App for readability
v0.4.0
- Added a Get Coords hotkey, Ctrl+Shift+F2 by default. You can bind the keybind hotkey to your controller or HOTAS using a 3rd party program like Voice Attack (https://voiceattack.com/).
- Enabled Syria DTC for the M-2000C
- If you are having some issues upgrading fr om v0.3.0 to v0.4.0, delete your C:\Users...\Saved Games\DCS\Config\DMPS.config file and restart DCS.
v0.4.1
- Added Auto-fill for waypoint lat/long based on F10 Map names

I would like to applaud Razbam's team who made this step towards universal DCS DTCs, something that has been in the works for years via 3rd parties and modders alike. With that said, I hope these features can be developed with the input of the community to ensure their requests, concerns, desires, and experience are taken into account.

One of the first things I would like to propose is to for the devs to make the DTC in the format of other DCS data, such as the options.lua, mission miz files, etc. As of this post, the M2k is not in that format. The format comparison can be seen below. 

image.png

On the left is the M2k default format. On the right is the same information, reformatted to ED's typical standard. As a modder, if ED's standard is adopted then the systems and knowledge that people already have with making supporting apps will be put to great use instead of everyone having to learn new parsing or programing skills. Formatting and parsing errors can be reduced, enabling multiple apps to interact among each other instead of accidently stepping on one another for import and export priority or formatting.

I am looking forward to hopefully seeing these types of features expand to more modules!

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 5

Hi!

Thanks for your work!

A few comments about the updated format

- The waypoint table keys should remain integers, ie 1, 2, 3, 4 instead of "waypoint1" etc..., this is important as waypoints are integer based in every aircraft, and ordering with strings would cause problems (ie waypoint2 would come after waypoint13, unless we add a leading zero but then problem occurs after 99, etc etc...). Using integer keys is perfectly valid lua and ED use them a lot as well. They can use the syntax { [1] = ... }as well if you prefer it, again it's up to the file creator preference.

- Adding newlines and tabs is perfect, it makes all more readable while still being 100% compatible
 - using alt=500.0 or ["alt"]=500.0 is strictly equivalent in lua (since the name has no space or special chars, alt= is just the shorter version, it will parse the same). So again, its fully compatible with the first draft format, it's up to the file creator to use one format or the other

- So besides this, the only major difference in the updated format is the outer Datacartridge = { } encapsulation. I see no issue except it could be lowercase for consistency. On the module side I can  make it compatible with and without the enclosing table.

• Like 2

This is awesome, thanks for developing it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

14 hours ago, Kercheiz said:

Hi!

Thanks for your work!

A few comments about the updated format

- The waypoint table keys should remain integers, ie 1, 2, 3, 4 instead of "waypoint1" etc..., this is important as waypoints are integer based in every aircraft, and ordering with strings would cause problems (ie waypoint2 would come after waypoint13, unless we add a leading zero but then problem occurs after 99, etc etc...). Using integer keys is perfectly valid lua and ED use them a lot as well. They can use the syntax { [1] = ... }as well if you prefer it, again it's up to the file creator preference.

- Adding newlines and tabs is perfect, it makes all more readable while still being 100% compatible
 - using alt=500.0 or ["alt"]=500.0 is strictly equivalent in lua (since the name has no space or special chars, alt= is just the shorter version, it will parse the same). So again, its fully compatible with the first draft format, it's up to the file creator to use one format or the other

- So besides this, the only major difference in the updated format is the outer Datacartridge = { } encapsulation. I see no issue except it could be lowercase for consistency. On the module side I can  make it compatible with and without the enclosing table.

Thanks for the feedback. For the datacartridge encapsulation part, as long as the file itself follows a standard, it should be fine. I added it because it is the same way it's done with options Lua. 

Which makes me think... What's going happen when other modules make their datacartridge? Is it going to be similar to options.lua where all the aircraft special options are in that file? Or will it be structured similar to the kneeboard structure where you would have a Datacartridge folder and inside that you have folders for all your modules, followed by the individual DTC files. 

I think I would prefer the kneeboard-like file structure for the ability of users to more easily locate edit the file by hand, if need be, until the dev or modder can make a GUI for it either ingame or out-of-game. 

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 3:06 AM, Pappy2 said:

SUPER and EXTRAORDINARY
Now I won't get lost !!!!

iuqh.png

Excellent work, the M2000 is even more real

Is this part of the mod? Or something Raz added? 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

5 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

Is this part of the mod? Or something Raz added? 

The physical DTC cartridge is something Raz added. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

The physical DTC cartridge is something Raz added. 

How to get it to show up if I may ask? (I m on must current OB)

FW190A8|FW190D9|F14|F15C|F18|A-10C|AV8B|BS2|UH1H|Mi8|Gazelle|Persian Gulf|Normandie|Eurofighter Typhoon

2 hours ago, Pappy2 said:

You have to install the mod.
Then create a path by following the instructions:

https://github.com/asherao/DCS-DTC-Mission-Planning-Software

Restart the scenario then click on the location of the cartridge and it appears.

Works. I could've also created a DTC manually without the tool. 

currently It seems to only support Caucasus if I see correctly

FW190A8|FW190D9|F14|F15C|F18|A-10C|AV8B|BS2|UH1H|Mi8|Gazelle|Persian Gulf|Normandie|Eurofighter Typhoon

5 hours ago, Brockn said:

Works. I could've also created a DTC manually without the tool. 

currently It seems to only support Caucasus if I see correctly

Awesome! Correct. 

Also correct. If you or anyone else can show that the DTC feature can work on other maps, please show evidence and share the terrain name. I have already set up DMPS to support multiple maps. It will be a change of 1 line of code per map. Simple. 

1 hour ago, Shrike88 said:

This is awesome to see all the Data card mods out.  Any plans or looks at the Apache ?  How difficult etc.  Thanks for all your work in the community Bailey

Unfortunately this is a thing that Raz implemented for the mirage specifically, so I don't think it could work for other modules. Though I could well be wrong about that. 

19 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

Unfortunately this is a thing that Raz implemented for the mirage specifically, so I don't think it could work for other modules. Though I could well be wrong about that. 

Yea I was thinking more along the lines of a work around similar to what we see with macro run with a GUI like SFJackBauer did for the Viper and the other things we have out there.  My assumptions on ED opening up their modules for a data card feature or even them actually working on it in the next couple years seems slim to none.   F-18 / F-16 / now the Apache etc etc etc 
Our only saving grace is the awesome Mod community.

5 minutes ago, Shrike88 said:

Yea I was thinking more along the lines of a work around similar to what we see with macro run with a GUI like SFJackBauer did for the Viper and the other things we have out there.  My assumptions on ED opening up their modules for a data card feature or even them actually working on it in the next couple years seems slim to none.   F-18 / F-16 / now the Apache etc etc etc 
Our only saving grace is the awesome Mod community.

Yeah, I mean ED keeps saying they will add it, and it will be glorious when they do. I don't doubt its a big task because it has to be general enough to work with all/most modules (i.e. I'd love a ww2 type map with marks like the SP hind has for example, but to be able to do it in mp on the fly on the F10 map), or generate a DTC cartridge for the F16 and plug it in (obviously this will be more than waypoints). But so far its just talk, and really its critically needed in the MP community. This and other mods are great, but ED really needs to step up on core functionality like this. 

5 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

Yeah, I mean ED keeps saying they will add it, and it will be glorious when they do. I don't doubt its a big task because it has to be general enough to work with all/most modules (i.e. I'd love a ww2 type map with marks like the SP hind has for example, but to be able to do it in mp on the fly on the F10 map), or generate a DTC cartridge for the F16 and plug it in (obviously this will be more than waypoints). But so far its just talk, and really its critically needed in the MP community. This and other mods are great, but ED really needs to step up on core functionality like this. 

Agreed.  However Bailey pushing the idea for a mod community UNIVERSIAL .dtc format is a great idea.  Then maybe other apps can utlilize this as well.  CombatFlite, Kneeboard Generator etc etc etc 

• Like 1

DMPS has been updated to v0.2. You know what that means? It is twice as better! Like, literally. I added an in-game app, much like what you would see with DCS-Scratchpad or SRS. Check it out.

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

Make sure to read the Readme: https://github.com/asherao/DCS-DTC-Mission-Planning-Software/blob/master/README.md

Enjoy the update! 
Download from ED User Files here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3321705/

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 2

Awesome job, thank you!

• Like 2

Showcase video added:

Oh, and v0.4.0 released! 

v0.4.0 Updates
- Added a Get Coords hotkey, Ctrl+Shift+F2 by default. You can bind the keybind hotkey to your controller or HOTAS using a 3rd party program like Voice Attack (https://voiceattack.com/).
- Enabled Syria DTC for the M-2000C
- If you are having some issues upgrading from v0.3.0 to v0.4.0, delete your C:\Users...\Saved Games\DCS\Config\DMPS.config file and restart DCS.

v0.3.0 Updates
- Added Integrated App DTC Import
- Changed the color of the Integrated App for readability

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 1

Awesome tool. Many thanks.

I hope basic DTC functionality like this will be added to all modules sooner or later. 

• Like 2

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

v0.4.2 as been released
- Added:
  - All DCS Maps for Export
  - All Cities to DTC database
  - All Airports to DTC database
  - All significant F10 map areas to DTC database
  - All Navaid Identifiers to DTC database (use the Identifier switch near "name" to enable)

68747470733a2f2f63646e2e646973636f726461

• Like 1

Hot fix for those who do not have the Marinas map. The file goes in Saved Games/DCS/Scripts/Hooks. 
Edit: Look at the next post in this thread.

There was a typo in the exception line, 145. If you aren't having the issue, no need to hotfix. Will merge into the downloads later.

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 1