DCS DMPS (DTC Mission Planning System) by Bailey

Bailey

On 4/30/2022 at 2:31 PM, Bailey said:

Hot fix for those who do not have the Marinas map. The file goes in Saved Games/DCS/Scripts/Hooks. 

There was a typo in the exception line, 145. If you aren't having the issue, no need to hotfix. Will merge into the downloads later.

v0.4.3.1 Hotfix
- Hotfix for those who do not have Marians Map installed (if you have the map installed, you don't need this hotfix)
- Adjusted Logs
- Download in first post

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Rongor said:

What do I have to do if I don't want the ingame-DMPS window to show up right after starting DCS all the time? It's kind of annoying having to close it whenever I start DCS. I am not always flying Mirage

Good point. When I have time I’ll have to add that as a config option.

Change line ~5170 to `--show()`

Edited by Bailey
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

Change line ~5194 to `--show()`

I'll leave it here for anybody else aiming to do this:

in the current DMPS version (v0.4.3.1) it is line 5170 in your Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Hooks\DMPS-hook.lua

Thanks Bailey, this is a great tool you created. Hoping for ED to show appreciation for your efforts as well...

Edited by Rongor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rongor said:

I'll leave it here for anybody else aiming to do this:

in the current DMPS version (v0.4.3.1) it is line 5170 in your Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Hooks\DMPS-hook.lua

Thanks Bailey, this is a great tool you created. Hoping for ED to show appreciation for your efforts as well...

Thanks for the update to the line number. I have edited the post.

Your thanks is very much appreciated. Thank you.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rongor said:

I am a bit confused right now how to readout precise coords from the F10 map since the crosshair feature is gone...🤔

The point is the center of the screen. Zoom in. 

Was there a problem with the helpful crosshair? Precise pointing was much more convenient without having to zoom in and out all the time.
When you sit less than 1 meter from a 43" screen, it's not so obvious where the screen center precisely is 😁

Probably it is still precise enough, considering that the Mirage's INS will wander within minutes anyway. Yet it feel a bit like flying blindly now without the crosshair.

Edited by Rongor

• 3 weeks later...

You thought of combining this with your countermeasures App?  Or all your Apps for that matter, like one mega App that does DTC waypoints, CMS, Atis, Calcs/Conversions...ect.  Like an all-in-one EFB with on exe.

• Like 1

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

11 minutes ago, Skoop said:

You thought of combining this with your countermeasures App?  Or all your Apps for that matter, like one mega App that does DTC waypoints, CMS, Atis, Calcs/Conversions...ect.  Like an all-in-one EFB with on exe.

Mmmmm. Nope, I have not given that deep thought.
If you like, you can work towards that. All of the code is available on github.
It would be pretty cool to see though.

• Like 1

Just throwing out there as you have some great tools, would be sweet to consolidate them all.  Like the DTC and CMS in one instead of 2 different Apps.  Plus there's also the way doing waypoints.  Your DTC would be appealing if it also did CMS rather than just waypoints like the way. 

• Like 1

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just downloaded this. Looking at the standalone functionality as we do all our flight planning in CombatFlite. When I open the .exe i can only select 'Caucasus' under terrain. Will this prevent us generating .dtc for other maps (we dont fly on CCS at all)?

Thanks

Edited by Freefall231

15 hours ago, Freefall231 said:

Hi, just downloaded this. Looking at the standalone functionality as we do all our flight planning in CombatFlite. When I open the .exe i can only select 'Caucasus' under terrain. Will this prevent us generating .dtc for other maps (we dont fly on CCS at all)?

Thanks

The standalone is not as developed as the integrated. The terrain option only populates the name of the terrain. You can change it after a DTC is generated. 

• 1 month later...

Thnks for this Mod.   Given that datacatridges are meant to be able to preplan flight plans it would make total sense to be able to plan using Combatflite.

Once a flight plan is done in combatflite, the user would simply export the file from combatflite (like NS430 export file) and then import that file directly into DMPS (i.e DMPS being able to import a .dat file) or just have a 'conversion tool' to convert that NS430 (.dat) file into a .DTC file.

Just a suggestion but would greatly enhance the tool

• Like 3

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

9 hours ago, Brainfreeze said:

Thnks for this Mod.   Given that datacatridges are meant to be able to preplan flight plans it would make total sense to be able to plan using Combatflite.

Once a flight plan is done in combatflite, the user would simply export the file from combatflite (like NS430 export file) and then import that file directly into DMPS (i.e DMPS being able to import a .dat file) or just have a 'conversion tool' to convert that NS430 (.dat) file into a .DTC file.

Just a suggestion but would greatly enhance the tool

Thank you

I suggest that it may be better to ask the creators of combatFlite to make such an integration directly. They already have such feature for other modules. 

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 4:55 PM, Bailey said:

Thank you

I suggest that it may be better to ask the creators of combatFlite to make such an integration directly. They already have such feature for other modules. 

Fair enough 😊    Not sure how reactive they are but have to try that

• Like 1

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

Any plans to add the JF-17 or does your JF-17 dtc app do waypoints from the f10 map like this ?

2 hours ago, Skoop said:

Any plans to add the JF-17 or does your JF-17 dtc app do waypoints from the f10 map like this ?

No plans.
No, it does not.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 1:28 AM, mobua said:

Is "Get DCS Coords" still functional in 2.8? Mine seems to have stopped working...

The issue has been reported for this utility and others. Thanks for letting us know too.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...