Thank you for the clarification! Wow, I like the picture with the attached skies, looks stunning. I'd love to see it in DCS - regardless if they would be useful or only for the eye. How long would it take to bring the skies into DCS? 8 man hours? 2 working days? I just wonder how much work time it would take?

• 2 weeks later...

Part of the appeal of DCS, at least for me, is military equipment that I've seen in the field, or ridden in, or called on for support, etc. So, while the skies are not necessary... I served at Ft. Wainwright Alaska, and I saw Helicopters with skies all the time. Including the AH64, the CH-47, and UH-60's. Yes, I want the skies. No, I don't care if snow is modeled correctly. (Sure, it's nice, but I know ED has a very big list of "it'd be nice") But a connection to a unit I served in is MUCH more important to me that if the snow is modeled correctly. 

I would also request and option to put skies on the CH47 and UH60A already in game. Yeah, they're AI and while I'd love flyable versions. (I do enjoy the UH60L mod) It would be nice to have skies on the wheels for the visuals of it. Many, many players come to DCS because of videos made by content creators, historical reenactors, and YouTube story tellers. The easier Eagle Dynamics makes it for customers to use their product to catch a little handful of the glory days, the more costumers come to DCS, the more money ED makes, and the more funding can be put into development of more modules, game engine improvements, map improvements and expansions. 

Count me in for voting for skies for the helicopters. 

• Raptor9 pinned, locked and unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...
vor 3 Stunden schrieb ViKe:

Would be cool if they were added.

Yes, interesting idea.

Didn‘t find it, but I believe it was already asked in the past and answered as not planned. 
But I might be wrong (hopefully!).

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1