Mission 1

Still on mission 1 over here and had a question about Bravo 6. I pulled up the F10 map and started clicking around on the little orange circles, but when i clicked out of them they disappeared. So now I don't know where Bravo 6 is. 

What is the trip/trick to navigate to Bravo 6?

image.png

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• 1 month later...

Had trouble with this one as well, and I know I’m kinda late, but this would be useful for anyone else who come across it. If you fly out to OLF OROTE and go to the south end of the lake and fly a heading of about 110 degrees for roughly 3 miles you’ll find it every time. 

• 2 weeks later...

What I didn't know, you can click the orange circles and see their label names... one of them is Bravo 6 ..

Hope you don't mind me hijacking your post.. but I'm having real trouble with this mission. I got to Bravo 6 but crashed on landing, I think I clipped a tree.

I don't know why, the heat maybe?, but the Huey handles really differently in this Campaign and I have the feeling I have very little control on final approach. Is that just me needing to get better or is something like humid hot weather being simulated? I find myself flying rull right rudder most of the time (with calibrated MFG Crosswind V2's) with very little engine power @Reflected

Edited by toby23

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

8 hours ago, toby23 said:

What I didn't know, you can click the orange circles and see their label names... one of them is Bravo 6 ..

Hope you don't mind me hijacking your post.. but I'm having real trouble with this mission. I got to Bravo 6 but crashed on landing, I think I clipped a tree.

I don't know why, the heat maybe?, but the Huey handles really differently in this Campaign and I have the feeling I have very little control on final approach. Is that just me needing to get better or is something like humid hot weather being simulated? I find myself flying rull right rudder most of the time (with calibrated MFG Crosswind V2's) with very little engine power @Reflected

That's exactly the way they handled IRL. In DCS we got used to flying lightly loaded Hueys with half fuel load or less, hence the difference 😉

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Reflected said:

That's exactly the way they handled IRL. In DCS we got used to flying lightly loaded Hueys with half fuel load or less, hence the difference 😉

@Reflected Thank you, I appreciate you doing the background work on this, it makes all the difference..

• Like 1

I read in all those accounts how they had to fly smart in order not to run out of left pedal, and the work it took to hover in and out of tight LZs. So I was generally surprised how easy everything was in DCS. Then I made this campaign and set all the parameters to realistic levels and boom, I got exactly what I read so much about 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Reflected said:

I read in all those accounts how they had to fly smart in order not to run out of left pedal, and the work it took to hover in and out of tight LZs. So I was generally surprised how easy everything was in DCS. Then I made this campaign and set all the parameters to realistic levels and boom, I got exactly what I read so much about 🙂

I am REALLY struggling with mission 1. I know that it's meant to be realistic but I lose 95% of my control on landing at Berlin and the helo wades into some obstruction and boom. Is there some way that I can make this a bit easier so that I can progress without skipping the mission? I've got a VIrpil stick extension and table mount coming one day soon but until then, I'd love to be able to at least complete this mission with my regular joystick (Gladiator NXT) What sucks is having to restart every time from the beginning after I crash at Berlin.. 😮 These HUGE rain drops aren't helping me either 😕

Screen_220621_211147.png

Edited by toby23

@Reflected I did it 🙂 What a hard first mission... but I did it! I misunderstood the message at the end though. I pressed 'No' when asked if I wanted to reset the mission, I thought that would let me do the next mission.. see below.. figured out how to edit the logbook so that I can continue... The Huey is SO hard to control under 20 feet with heavy loads in strong wind and low speed... Does it roll left/right for everyone or is it just me?

PPS @Reflected Such a great mission, so well made and I listened to the speech at the end because it was all so immersive, thank you for creating such a memorable mission. One that I will always remember..

dropoff.png

success.png

backhome.png

Edited by toby23
  • Like 2

I just got my centre mounted stick set up today, what a difference! Micro precision flying from now on 🙂 I fell out of the sky (VRS) near the LZ in the second mission trying to copy the acrobatic members of my team. Will try again tomorrow. Love the feeling of formation flying, very cool, and such immersion. Well done!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This first mission was fantastic! However, I seem to have trouble with the mission not recording properly. I landed back at the AFB and got the “Mission Success” indicator. However, after exiting, there was no button to end the mission. Only the “fly mission again” button. 

Am I missing something at the end?

• 3 months later...

Taken me about five attempts to complete the first mission - can't wait to get stuck in to the others!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

• 4 months later...

HI, im wondering if someone is still watching this thread?  I am hard stuck on mission 1 in this campaign.  I dont know where to land to pick up the troops at the third stage of the mission with the blue smoke.. There is a large ish clearing near the smoke but nothing happens when I land there.  I cant see into the smoke to see if there is a safe place to land.  I know you wanted to make it hard but mission 1.. sheesh... 😕

I cant comment on if its a great campaign or not because its too difficult to progress past this stage of the mission.. ive tried about 6 times now.  Frustrating and ready to give up.

• Like 1

The LZ is at the root of the blue smoke, but it’s blown to the side of the clearing so it’s visible. It’s a small clearing, not an easy landing but still 10x bigger than where real life Vietnam war Huey pilots had to land - with no refly button. Keep trying, you’ll get there 😉

also check out some playthrough videos if you’re stuck.