Pimax VR FPS issues (help needed)

xmudroller

On 4/21/2022 at 2:42 PM, StrongHarm said:

You're welcome brother air warrior (virtual).  When you say DCS on i.4 what do you mean?  Pitool at 2.0 is high, but doable.  MFAA 4x is unusually high, do you need that to take the jagged edges out?  I'm surprised you're getting 35fps with your settings that high.  When I'm doing a full tweak, I like to start at the best performance with quality in everything set as low as possible (DCS, PiTool, Steam) and work my way up with quality until it looks good enough.  When doing this, I set my PD to 1.0, my MFAA to 0, and PiTool to 1.0.  It still looked pretty good at those settings (because of the high resolution of the pimax), but I wanted to squeeze out some more quality for helo flight, so I went with pitool 1.25 and left PD at 1.0 and MFAA at 0.  I retained the 60 to 144 fps, but with great graphic detail.  I started turning up shadows, etc. in DCS and my FPS didn't take much of a hit with high settings.  When I can keep it simple, I'm a happy man.

EDIT: Thought of something else.  I wear prescription lenses, and in the beginning I didn't realize that eye correction carries over into virtual vision.  If you're near sighted or far sighted, it somehow translates into viewing the VR image.  I ended up getting some round "harry potter" type glasses from Brookes Brothers that fit in the goggles nicely.  Be aware.  Also, I've found that vertical and horizontal adjustment of the goggles on your head is critical.  I like to bring up the initial screen of DCS and stare at text while I adjust to the perfect spot that isn't blurry.  It's remarkable what a difference this makes in my experience with the pimax.  Luck to you, and God Bless you and yours as well.

Igot the Harry potter also fron Vr Labs,I`m both very bad eyes, You take care of your eyes, I mean a exam every year me, I go to the va hospital for that.

Take brother.

I've been reluctant to use the optometrist at the VA.  The last time the government gave me glasses, they were BCGs hehe.  I'll take your advice and keep up with those checkups.

I've used IOBit Booster, it's good.  Razer also has a good booster.  These days I'm only using "Intelligent Standby List Cleaner".  Windows reserves memory and other resources for background processes that it identifies as apps that will likely be opened more than once in a session (before reboot).  ISLC periodically de-allocates those resources from windows so they can be used in DCS.  More importantly, DCS can studder from time to time due to the standby list.  ISLC can prevent that.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm