Blood in the cockpit and pilot injuries (as an option)

Mohamengina

Would be good for the sake of realism if there was blood splatter and a damage model for pilots when they get hit with arms fire.

I know this will trigger some people who don't like it for a variety of reasons so I think it should be an option we can enable.

For people that actually enjoy blood in their games I think this would make the flying experience more intense and realistic.

• Like 2

The shoots always going to your head with pretty precission, so you do not need to see any blood, only black vission.  XD.  

Greetings.

• Like 2

DCS Wishlist:

• DCS: A-10C 2: new suite, flight and system improvements. fix no real things. To include new features. Some real love.

14 hours ago, epoch said:

Pretty sure this has been discussed before

Indeed:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 4/11/2022 at 5:57 PM, notproplayer3 said:

Yes please, unfortunately it seems that adding this would change the PG rating of DCS so ED would rather not do it. 

How is DCS rated anyways? I honestly don't know :dunno:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Though this is obviously a military themed simulation, the focus should stay on the technical aspect and not on the "gore" side of it.

There is plenty of (games-) content for the gore needs. Be it call of duty, battlefield or similar.

I certainly wouldn't like any unnecessary gore in DCS and I suppose/hope the majority of players think the same.

• Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

1 hour ago, Hiob said:

I certainly wouldn't like any unnecessary gore in DCS and I suppose/hope the majority of players think the same.

I would agree with this statement, but I would probably not agree with your definition of "unnecessary", as battlefield injuries do play a role in military aviation.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Thanks 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

10 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

I would agree with this statement, but I would probably not agree with your definition of "unnecessary", as battlefield injuries do play a role in military aviation.

As far as I'm aware, they're modelled to a certein degree (though I would argue, that damage to the tech is much more relevant for DCS), but I don't think, that there is any need to illustrate them with any amount of pixel-blood.

As far as I'm concerned, shooting down soft-targets with the gun in the apache fully zoomed in with the tads is touching the border of what is acceptable. Any more than this would probably just start controversies and gain unwanted media attention.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Personally, I'd like the option to land my WWII fighter near where I shot my opponent down, leave my plane, drag him out of his, and introduce him to his last cigarette and a dirt nap.

Or the option to wear sunglasses and smoke in the plane. That would be cool too. :smoke:

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

more gore the better,  especially now we have the Apache 30mm  folks don't fall over dead intact down range.  Maybe it will give people a little more respect and awareness how much war sucks......

• Like 3

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

On 4/10/2022 at 3:52 AM, Mohamengina said:

Would be good for the sake of realism if there was blood splatter and a damage model for pilots when they get hit with arms fire.

I know this will trigger some people who don't like it for a variety of reasons so I think it should be an option we can enable.

For people that actually enjoy blood in their games I think this would make the flying experience more intense and realistic.

I don't see this added to DCS anytime soon

(which is a good thing imho. As @Raptor9 said: "Poor taste". There are other games for those interested in blood and gore)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team
2 hours ago, rcjonessnp175 said:

Maybe it will give people a little more respect and awareness how much war sucks......

I respectfully doubt that. First person shooter games number in the hundreds, a good number of which have substantial gore as an aspect of the gameplay. I don't intend to speak for everyone, but I don't think people have any more respect or awareness of what effect conflicts have on the world because of video games. If anything, it has had the opposing effect. This thread's request is (in my opinion) evidence of it.

I don't mean any disrespect to the OP or anyone advocating for this feature, but the very nature of wishing to experience such realism in a product meant for entertainment implies the opposite effect. This is just my assessment from where I see things, I'm not saying my viewpoint is right and other viewpoints are wrong, it's just a viewpoint.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

1 hour ago, Raptor9 said:

I respectfully doubt that. First person shooter games number in the hundreds, a good number of which have substantial gore as an aspect of the gameplay. I don't intend to speak for everyone, but I don't think people have any more respect or awareness of what effect conflicts have on the world because of video games. If anything, it has had the opposing effect. This thread's request is (in my opinion) evidence of it.

I don't mean any disrespect to the OP or anyone advocating for this feature, but the very nature of wishing to experience such realism in a product meant for entertainment implies the opposite effect. This is just my assessment from where I see things, I'm not saying my viewpoint is right and other viewpoints are wrong, it's just a viewpoint.

Oh it certainly is wishful thinking on my part, and i agree with ya.  Truth is Id rather they use the time and resources and get the new damage model dcs wide...  especially for the ground fight.   That B17 is messed up

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

On 4/11/2022 at 3:24 AM, Raptor9 said:

In my opinion, such a feature would be in poor taste and should not be present.

So you are fine with a depiction of warfare and death but not blood? I think it would be a good visual indicator that you need to return george for an oil change. If you're not fine with that then turn it off. I don't see the issue.

Besides what do you think happens when someone gets shot in the face with a couple of 30mm HE round? He takes a nap? Granted, I don't want body parts flying around, I don't even care for blood on the ground or clothing or anything like that. I just want to know when my copilot is shot. Adding a decal to the partitioning window is like 10 lines of code and 5 minutes of texture work.

Besides that, real apache pilots didn't seem to care much about how they (that is their enemies at the time) had to scrape the intestines off the ground to have a funeral, judging from what guncam footage with voice is available. "It's their fault for bringing children into the battlefield" and whatnot.

I think a little blood is harmless in comparison.

Edited by FalcoGer

• ED Team

A fairly eristic response to me giving my own opinion on the matter. You're certainly entitled to your own, but you don't need to falsely paraphrase my viewpoint in order to counter with your own.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Probably not good for business to make DCS PG-18.... 😅

I believe, one of the best thoughts in this thread was to leave this idea alone and let the developers spend their time on more important improvements.

On 4/13/2022 at 10:40 AM, QuiGon said:

How is DCS rated anyways? I honestly don't know :dunno:

ESRB provide ratings for video games https://www.esrb.org/about/

DCS is currently rated Teen (13 & up). For example Call of Duty Modern Warfare is rated Mature (17 & up). Ratings explained here https://www.esrb.org/ratings-guide/

Edited by Baldrick33
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

2 hours ago, Baldrick33 said:

ESRB provide ratings for video games https://www.esrb.org/about/

DCS is currently rated Teen (13 & up). For example Call of Duty Modern Warfare is rated Mature (17 & up). Ratings explained here https://www.esrb.org/ratings-guide/

Thanks, good to know, although ESRB is the European rating, while PG is the US rating. :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg