Jester reading takeoff, fence in, landing checklists, with VoiceAttack

winghunter

I've made interactive checklists with Jester voice samples from heatblur and the zone5 campaign. I cant release those yet, Im waiting for permission from RS and HB.

Edited by winghunter
  • Like 3

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

• winghunter changed the title to Jester reading takeoff, fence in, landign checklists, with VoiceAttack
9 hours ago, IronMike said:

Very cool, you have our thumbs up.

Thanks, I'm also waiting for permission from Reflected Simulation since most of the samples are from the zone5 campaign.

On 4/12/2022 at 10:58 PM, winghunter said:

Thanks, I'm also waiting for permission from Reflected Simulation since most of the samples are from the zone5 campaign.

The one thing that stands out is that the radio effect added in Zone5 differs from the one we use default for Jester voice. If @Reflected agrees, and is willing to send you the raw voice overs, I could provide you with the reaper framework convention to add the same effects as we do, too. In fact, if Reflected is up for it, we could also implement these as default once we are further down the Jester overhaul. Good stuff either way, and a testament to the great campaigns released by Reflected Simulations.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 7

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Am 15.4.2022 um 14:52 schrieb IronMike:

The one thing that stands out is that the radio effect added in Zone5 differs from the one we use default for Jester voice. If @Reflected agrees, and is willing to send you the raw voice overs, I could provide you with the reaper framework convention to add the same effects as we do, too. In fact, if Reflected is up for it, we could also implement these as default once we are further down the Jester overhaul. Good stuff either way, and a testament to the great campaigns released by Reflected Simulations.

It would be so great if we could go through more checklists with jester. Similar to the assistant startup. For taxi, take-off, landing....

• Like 1

• winghunter changed the title to Jester reading takeoff, fence in, landing checklists, with VoiceAttack
On 4/15/2022 at 10:52 PM, IronMike said:

@IronMike Thank you SO much - this would be a fantastic default implementation.  Great concept by OP!  1 x suggestion: for those without VA - if we could have an option to activate the verbal checklist and  have RIO call out challenge items with a suitable pause between each item  and automatically read the next item.  This would be fantastic.  On an similar topic -I think RIO callout for "Wings are moving" in the break (perhaps triggered with wings 68 and hook down condition?) and optional VSI callouts/speed  off the 180 would be great too.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 2:52 PM, IronMike said:

I've talked to reflected, but the situation is a bit complicated with the licensing. Maybe you can reach out on discord, i cant find you there.

And the checklist scripts are smarter now,  so you can say "pause checklist, resume checklist, cancel checklist" at any time.

Edited by winghunter