Problems with using dictation in the Kneeboard

baltic_dragon

Hey guys, I just got the VAICOM PRO with the kneeboard (going to be super useful for mission testing in VR), but I cannot get the dictate function to work. I open the kneeboard, get to "NOTES" tab, but then when I say "start dictate" I get "Recognized: start dictate" message, but nothing happens, ie. there is no change of the DICT OFF status.

Any ideas what to do / how to make it work? Thanks!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey guys, I just got the VAICOM PRO with the kneeboard (going to be super useful for mission testing in VR), but I cannot get the dictate function to work. I open the kneeboard, get to "NOTES" tab, but then when I say "start dictate" I get "Recognized: start dictate" message, but nothing happens, ie. there is no change of the DICT OFF status.
Any ideas what to do / how to make it work? Thanks!
Which module?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Hornet. I got it to work by enabling the "extended command set", however I have another question: is it possible to retrieve (in a log file or somewhere else) the things that I have dictated after mission ends? I can always work on screenshots, but it would be useful to be able to find it later. Thanks! 

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hornet. I got it to work by enabling the "extended command set", however I have another question: is it possible to retrieve (in a log file or somewhere else) the things that I have dictated after mission ends? I can always work on screenshots, but it would be useful to be able to find it later. Thanks! 
Not as far as I know. You could have a look in the VAICOM log, but I don't think so.
But maybe you will find this workaround useful. Right click in the VoiceAttack log window, and change it to 9999 lines or something. Then you can save/copy that log and browse through it at your leisure.
Of course there will be a lot of rubbish there, but it's better than nothing.
Hopefully, Hollywood_315 will read this, and implement a dictation log.
Apart from this, it might even be easily solved through standard VoiceAttack commands. Ask in their Discord, it's crawling with helpful people.
Just make sure you ask about VoiceAttack, and not plugins.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1