Any news on radio effects/mic clicks?

My virtual squadron is very much wanting to transition to native voice in DCS, but it's hard to give up the mic clicks and sound effects of SRS.

Haven't seen much movement on updates since the feature was released. Anyone have insight?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/

• 3 months later...
Am 10.4.2022 um 21:22 schrieb Flappie:

You are in the Bugs and Problems section. The Wishlist is over here: https://forum.dcs.world/forum/903-dcs-voice-chat-wishlist/

The section description says otherwise:

"Bugs, Issues or suggestions for our new in game Voice Chat (still in development)"

I personally support the suggestion (!) to add at least the mic clicks ASAP and a simple "VHF radio effect", as it seems the most common blocking point for people to use the Integrated voice chat.

The implemented concept with rooms and radios, is pretty good, already, but a radio communication with push-to-talk requires a mic click as feedback for the button press.

• Like 2

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

1 minute ago, shagrat said:

The section description says otherwise:

"Bugs, Issues or suggestions for our new in game Voice Chat (still in development)"

Indeed. I guess this was written before the forum got reorganized.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 months later...
On 7/31/2022 at 1:45 AM, Miles Vorkosigan said:

Yes, we keep trying to integrate DCS VoIP into our group and our public servers in general but the biggest complaint is that we cannot tell if someone is talking in Discord or in DCS. 

Yep us too so we dumped DCS voice because of this after trailing it as its feature incomplete and feels like its abandoned by the developer with no updates in a year. 

• Like 1