FPS

uist1

AH64 FPS in cockpit varies for me. NVS definitely has an impact on frames. I think there's a number of factors involved including:

1. Cockpit textures being significantly high 
  2. Using NVS seems to take a hit on the FPS counter.
  3. Where I'm looking seems to also have a bit of a change (in vs out of cockpit). 
  4. I'm not sure - but I am suspicious atm that having Video showing up on the MFD's also increases the rendering time / decreases FPS. 

I have a 2080Super and a system running 5.0Ghz with 64GB Ram. I run terrain textures on low, and textures on medium. Smoke, Grass, etc is off. SSAA/MSAA/FXAA all off. Almost everything else as low as it can go. I've switched over to OpenXR. Extremely thankful for that mod, otherwise I think the Apache would be unflyable for me at night time via SteamVR (as night seems to be worse frames than day - although I suspect that has to do with the 'extra' rendering of the IHADDS/NVS video). 

I haven't tried low textures...  mostly because when I do - the low textures in the UH-1 when I switch over to fly it is unreadable blur on a number of the labels. 

I believe the Mi-24 came out with user mod textures that were less demanding and helped FPS. Maybe we'll see something similar with the AH64 that will help in time - although regardless I still think once in the cockpit compared to other aircraft, the combination of NVS/IHADDS and video on monitors will probably mean it performs less than other birds.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb uist1:

Has anyone noticed a big fps drop between cockpit view and external view? Get 45 to 50 fps in ext view but only 20 ish in cockpit view

I have noticed it many times, but in cockpit I have 60 FPS and when I switch to external view I'm getting a freeze for about 2-3 sec and then the FPS returns to normal and also when I turn on the NVS i have a large FPS drop.

Viggen GIF 2.gif

"If we don't end war, war will end us."  

H. G. Wells

On 4/10/2022 at 5:17 PM, Dangerzone said:

AH64 FPS in cockpit varies for me. NVS definitely has an impact on frames. I think there's a number of factors involved including:

1. Cockpit textures being significantly high 
  2. Using NVS seems to take a hit on the FPS counter.
  3. Where I'm looking seems to also have a bit of a change (in vs out of cockpit). 
  4. I'm not sure - but I am suspicious atm that having Video showing up on the MFD's also increases the rendering time / decreases FPS. 

I have a 2080Super and a system running 5.0Ghz with 64GB Ram. I run terrain textures on low, and textures on medium. Smoke, Grass, etc is off. SSAA/MSAA/FXAA all off. Almost everything else as low as it can go. I've switched over to OpenXR. Extremely thankful for that mod, otherwise I think the Apache would be unflyable for me at night time via SteamVR (as night seems to be worse frames than day - although I suspect that has to do with the 'extra' rendering of the IHADDS/NVS video). 

I haven't tried low textures...  mostly because when I do - the low textures in the UH-1 when I switch over to fly it is unreadable blur on a number of the labels. 

I believe the Mi-24 came out with user mod textures that were less demanding and helped FPS. Maybe we'll see something similar with the AH64 that will help in time - although regardless I still think once in the cockpit compared to other aircraft, the combination of NVS/IHADDS and video on monitors will probably mean it performs less than other birds.

same with my system.. lucky to get 20 fps,, it drops to 10 fps or less too. I am talking about the Apache mostly. And this is with VR. I have Oculus Rift S. Along with Nvidia 2080-ti, 4.5 ghz cpu 32 gb ram, ssd drive.... I have read everything I can find on tweaking the system, tweaking dcs, etc. I have been working with computers for 40 years. It is hard to believe the Nvidia 2080-ti is doing this poorly with VR. I don't have fps issues in other flight sims. It could be that that the Apache is beta and that maybe they (DCS) will optimize it sometome later as it continues to get developed.

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

15 hours ago, Ramstein said:

same with my system.. lucky to get 20 fps,, it drops to 10 fps or less too. I am talking about the Apache mostly. And this is with VR. I have Oculus Rift S. Along with Nvidia 2080-ti, 4.5 ghz cpu 32 gb ram, ssd drive.... I have read everything I can find on tweaking the system, tweaking dcs, etc. I have been working with computers for 40 years. It is hard to believe the Nvidia 2080-ti is doing this poorly with VR. I don't have fps issues in other flight sims. It could be that that the Apache is beta and that maybe they (DCS) will optimize it sometome later as it continues to get developed.

Are you using OTT and/or just oculus app and DCS?

8600K|64 GB 3200|4090|m.2

http://www.blacksharkden.com/

Come join us!

There's a mod that can help address this issue, search for 'AH64 Downscaled (Reduced) Cockpit)' in the user files section. It lowers the 4k textures down to 2k and also removes mipmaps from them, this ensures that even if you run on low textures the gauges etc will maintain their legibility without becoming blurry.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Clayteng said:

There's a mod that can help address this issue, search for 'AH64 Downscaled (Reduced) Cockpit)' in the user files section. It lowers the 4k textures down to 2k and also removes mipmaps from them, this ensures that even if you run on low textures the gauges etc will maintain their legibility without becoming blurry.

It works well

14 hours ago, Ramstein said:

OTT?

it does use SteamVR, only when needed though

Oculus tool tray 

8600K|64 GB 3200|4090|m.2

http://www.blacksharkden.com/

Come join us!

cool, thanx, I download the cockpit 4k to 2k file. will try it. I also moved the slider for my vr down a bit in the vr section for the Apache in DCS. That seemed to help with the slider. Still need to try the new 2k cockpit file.

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

3 hours ago, spikenet said:

I tried that mod and didn't notice any difference. Is there a specific way to enable it?

Its frustrating as a long time DCS user that left it for many years that the same issues remain now as in years ago with performance!

If I remember correctly you need to set textures on Low in general settings. And only works with Apache “Default” skin. Anyway, I didn’t saw a big difference in my system (12700k/3090).

11 hours ago, spikenet said:

I tried that mod and didn't notice any difference. Is there a specific way to enable it?

Its frustrating as a long time DCS user that left it for many years that the same issues remain now as in years ago with performance!

Perhaps you didn't install it correctly, you should immediately notice the lower resolution textures in the cockpit. Doesn't matter what quality level you set the textures to in the settings menu, the Apache textures are edited by the mod directly. It needs to be installed in Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 4/18/2022 at 2:26 AM, Clayteng said:

Perhaps you didn't install it correctly, you should immediately notice the lower resolution textures in the cockpit. Doesn't matter what quality level you set the textures to in the settings menu, the Apache textures are edited by the mod directly. It needs to be installed in Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries 

slope io

These are useful sharing, thank you

• 2 months later...

I tried the Apache in Multithread and I get unplayable framerates, 20 max inside the cockpit.  All other aircraft I get 30-45 (in VR.)  System details are ASUS Prime Z270, i7-8086K running at 5 GHz, DDR4-3467 64GB, Aorus Extreme RTX 2080Ti 11 GB (system built in 2018), and running through Valve Index.  Maybe it's time for me to build a new system?  When the Apache first came out, it was quite smooth and flyable but now something has happened.

i7-8086K, ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, G Skill TridentZ 64 GB DDR4 3733, Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080Ti

You are in yesterdays latest patch?

I haven‘t installed that yet. Will do tomorrow.

I get with MT introducing OB from last week in cockpit 75 to 84 fps on low altitude in VR, but still checking settings. My goal is getting 90 fps.

This is on Caucasus map.

I‘d guess you have something in your settings or system wise which is responsible.

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

hace 10 horas, corbu1 dijo:

You are in yesterdays latest patch?

I haven‘t installed that yet. Will do tomorrow.

I get with MT introducing OB from last week in cockpit 75 to 84 fps on low altitude in VR, but still checking settings. My goal is getting 90 fps.

This is on Caucasus map.

I‘d guess you have something in your settings or system wise which is responsible.

Hello, your rig is pretty much similar to mine (3080ti for me) can you post your settings cause if I dont use motion reprojection always on (it stucks at 45 fps) I got many ghosting trees etc looking left or right the cockpit.

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

Hello,

here are my actual settings. I‘m still testing with MT.

Note that I have OpenXR tools version 1.3.0. installed.

I have set resolution to 2488x2488 which is native resolution per eye on the Vive Pro2. Also I have NIS active with 75%.

9828AEF5-07C8-4057-A79B-CEB58BC3B89D.jpeg

3ACEE151-D523-4F8B-9597-1E8DDBFE94A7.jpeg

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

• 3 weeks later...

I really feel for everyone who is experiencing FPS drops and I hope you can get some resolution very soon. I consider myself very lucky as I am achieving around 80 FPS in the multithread VR environment. As for my equipment well, I am using my Oculus Rift s and a RTX2080 XC and it runs really well with no frame drops when going externally and then back into cockpit. My system is 32GB ram and an Intel I9-10900

Look at the top right of the left side of the screen shot.

80FPS VR.jpg

I tend not to mess around too much with the settings. Oh and I use the Oculus software and do not to use the Oculus Tray Tool as I find my settings just seem to work well, although I am limited by the LCD panel with a resolution of 2560×1440 and an 80 Hz refresh rate for me VR is very playable with MT.

Interesting and are you achieving similar FPS? If so I wonder if the problem only occurs on 30 & 40 series range of GPU may be bottlenecked?? 

Thanks for the heads up with the pixel density I will increase mine and see what the experience is like and please let me know if you have any other hints and tips - I am all for learning something new each day