Mi-8 NS 430 Missing

ColonelColt

Edited to add: Presumably solved as it appears you need both the NS 430 base module as well as the specific module for the Mi-8. I'll wait for another sale to buy the base module I supposed.

Steam, open beta: Alright I've poked around a lot with this and can't figure it out. I bought the NS 430 for the Mi-8 in the last sale and it shows up in my DLCs as clicked to be installed. It doesn't show up in the cockpit with NS 430 Allowed selected nor do the NS 430 training missions show up under the Mi-8's training like other people seem to suggest. I unclicked the module and restarted Steam so presumably it uninstalled it. Reclicked it, saw Steam download 76 odd megs, restarted, started DCS... Still nothing. Had Steam verify the integrity of the installation with only a few problems found but that also didn't make it show up.  I'm really not sure what to do next. I completely reinstalled DCS about a month ago so it's not like that should be an issue.

Any ideas? Does the NS 430 show up as a separate module icon in the module bar at the bottom of the main screen?  Is there somewhere else I need to look to make sure it's enabled? Is there something weird going on with me having the wrong version somehow? Is aw a post on the DCS Steam forum about the Gazelle having an NS 430 issue recently  with two versions. Thanks.

4552500d402c0e7bb1c81ded1b85fe72.png

Edited by ColonelColt

In DCS the old gods are dead and we pray to the new gods RNG and Fate. It's time to toss the dice.

Can you please take a screenshot of your "\DCS World( Open Beta)\Mods\aircraft" folder when the "NS430 for Mi-8MTV2" module is installed?

Also attach your dcs.log file ("Saved Games/DCS.../Logs/dcs.log").

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

15 hours ago, ColonelColt said:

Any ideas?

Have you also bought the base 2D NS430 popup module, it contains the core 3D model, features and logic required for the 3D NS430 to work. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1725570/DCS_NS_430_Navigation_System/

Does the NS 430 show up as a separate module icon in the module bar at the bottom of the main screen?

No.

Is there somewhere else I need to look to make sure it's enabled?

Yes. When installed the 2D NS430 appears in Options>Special>NS430 and has options to enable/disable the 2D popup and/or the 3D cockpit model for various aircraft.

You can check if you have the 2 NS430 folders required for the Mi-8's 3D NS430 by checking your DCS World\Mods\aircraft folder

NS430 Mi-8 Folders.PNG

The Store page description for the "NS 430 for Mi-8 MTV" does mention the requirement to own the base "2D popup"

ABOUT THIS CONTENT

Requirements:
• DCS: NS 430 Navigation System
• DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1690513/DCS_NS_430_Navigation_System_for_Mi8MTV2/

... but I guess it's easy to miss when browsing during a sale.

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 2

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080