CM3 T5 T6 T 7 as 3 way switch

Hotdognz

Can the CM3 throttle switch's T5, T6, T7 be setup to be a 3 way switch up/middle/down ??, just getting my head around the Virpil software and made the T3 & T4 as a 2 way up/down, wasn't sure about doing 3 way switched and if it was supported.

Cheers

13 hours ago, Hotdognz said:

Can the CM3 throttle switch's T5, T6, T7 be setup to be a 3 way switch up/middle/down ??, just getting my head around the Virpil software and made the T3 & T4 as a 2 way up/down, wasn't sure about doing 3 way switched and if it was supported.

Cheers

They could be but since they spring to the center would it work well?

I just found out you cant do it, struggling what to use these keys for in DCS, i will ask the wider group for suggestions.

I use them for engine start switches or canopy switches in one mode. Could also be fire extinguisher switches.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Yes a 3 Way Switch Can be turned into a On Off State in all 3 way settings BUT it gets crazy on how this is done inside Virpil's Software. I am Working on a Tutorial for how I did this. The Picture shows how Virpil's Panel #1s T1 and T2 RED COVERED 3 Way Switch Operates. The BLUE Middle Numbers are the Most important to get your LOGIC THINKING to focus on. A RED COVERED Switch is/should Start in the RED COVER DOWN State so #13 is reported as ON When the Switch RETURNS to CENTER from the LEFT it is a report of #13 WHEN it RETURNS to CENTER form the RIGHT it is a report of #14   (LEFT RIGHT OR BACKWARDS FORWARD)

I have done this to My RED COVERED 3 Way Switches on VPC Panel #1 T1 and T2 so When I Lift UP a RED COVER it will Lift UP in DCS and when I Close DOWN a RED COVER it will Close DOWN in DCS. How I have Done this is NOT SHOWN in this Picture. The Picture is just HOW THE Switch Works in DEFAULT.

Full Page DCS.jpg

• 2 months later...

I am late to the party but for those who will need that in the future: It is possible to make T5,T6,T7 switches ON-ON-ON using VPC software. 

You just need to use "toggles decoding". There is an example below. Basically, when neither UP or DOWN positions of T5 switch are actuated (buttons 44 and 45 are OFF) a new virtual button will get actuated. So this button will be active for as long the switch is in neutral position. After that you will need to create a logic button out of that virtual button.

null

image.png

Edited by Qsenox
  • Like 1