VKB or Virpil Pedals

I want Pedals for Helicopters. Wich you think are better, whats the difference?

https://flightsimcontrols.com/product/vkb-sim-t-rudder-pedals-mk-iv-2/
https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-ace-torq-rudder-pedals.html

On Virpil you can have a back to center funktion or they stop and hold where you want.
I would like to know if this also possible on the VKB?
I have just ordered the new Slaw RH Rotors. If those hadn't been available I would have gone with Crosswinds or TM.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, -Relax- said:

On Virpil you can have a back to center funktion or they stop and hold where you want.
I would like to know if this also possible on the VKB?

I have the VKB Pedals. But I don't fly any DCS Helicopter modules (not yet). I have found no setting to stop them on a certain position. As far as I know they always come back to their center as soon as they are released. But maybe someone else can proof me wrong. I didn't miss that feature and so I never had a look after it.

But I can tell you that I am quite happy with these rudders. You won't regret buying them. They are small, they stay where you want them and you don't have those turning chair problems on a normal office chair. But I guess the same goes to the Virpil Rudders.

14700K | MSI Z690 Carbon | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC | 64GB DDR5 6000 G.Skill Ripjaws S5 | Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium HD on a Violectric V90 Headphone amp and Fostex TH600 Headphones | LG 42 C227LA & Samsung C32HG70 | TrackIR 5 | Virpil WarBRD with VFX Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Pedals MK IV 

I only fool around the F-14 - and still having a hard time on it as there is so much to learn and so little time and talent. But I love it.

2 hours ago, FR4GGL3 said:

I have the VKB Pedals. But I don't fly any DCS Helicopter modules (not yet). I have found no setting to stop them on a certain position. As far as I know they always come back to their center as soon as they are released. But maybe someone else can proof me wrong. I didn't miss that feature and so I never had a look after it.

Yeah, they don't have such an option, but some people have modded-in some dampers themselves.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

16 hours ago, FR4GGL3 said:

As far as I know they always come back to their center as soon as they are released. But maybe someone else can proof me wrong. I didn't miss that feature and so I never had a look after it.

Take off the springs and put on a damper and they will stay where you put them. I have a motorcycle damper on my Slaw pedals, twist the knob adjust tension up or down, make em as stiff (or not) as you please.

On that note, OP, I'd recommend Slaw's ViperRX. They're literally ''the best'' if money and time are not an issue, as well as being a mechanical work of art. Slaw, man, if you see this, I never stop singing your praises 😇

• Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I recently got the MFG Crosswind, they also have the optional damper which I opted for. Spring is easily removable so you can run them with just the damper so they stay in place. I highly recommend them.

• Like 1

Modules: F-14A/B | F-15C | F-16C | F/A-18C | SU-33 | Spitfire Mk IX | AH-64D | UH-1 | Super Carrier | Combined Arms | Persian Gulf | Syria | NTTR

Setup: VKB Gunfighter Mk.III F-14 CE HOTAS | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | MFG Crosswind V3 | Custom switch panel | Tek Creations F14 Display Panel | Custom F14 Left Vertical Console | Custom IR Tracker | Custom butt kicker

PC: i7 11700K | 64GB G-Skill DDR4 3600MHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | DCS dedicated 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD | 3440x1440 144hz 34" ultrawide

Take off the springs and put on a damper and they will stay where you put them. I have a motorcycle damper on my Slaw pedals, twist the knob adjust tension up or down, make em as stiff (or not) as you please.

On that note, OP, I'd recommend Slaw's ViperRX. They're literally ''the best'' if money and time are not an issue, as well as being a mechanical work of art. Slaw, man, if you see this, I never stop singing your praises 
That's great. I will definitely get the Viper V3 when they are available!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

No problem that you guys say what you have buyed or so. But I am looking for the style as push down pedals like the VKB or the Virpils.
So if anyone has the virpil i would be interest in opinion about them.

I hear only goods from the vkb but liked to have maybe the options from the dampers wich the vkb dont have.
I have one who say this about them "The main issue with the damper is that it's not even. Pressing the left pedal is "harder" than the right pedal."
After that i asked him if this also a thing when not using dampers.
"There's still a slight difference but really noticable."

Any can conforim this?

7 hours ago, -Relax- said:

I hear only goods from the vkb but liked to have maybe the options from the dampers wich the vkb dont have.
I have one who say this about them "The main issue with the damper is that it's not even. Pressing the left pedal is "harder" than the right pedal."
After that i asked him if this also a thing when not using dampers.
"There's still a slight difference but really noticable."

Any can conforim this?

I can't tell about the feeling when using dampers as I use my VKB Rudders Out of the box. What I can tell you is that I am not able to tell you a difference between right and left pedal. Man, I use that thing with my feet not with my fingers 😅

But even if there is one, there are several fineadjustment possibilities that one should really be able to make this feeling even on both pedals. It would really be helpfull if you could get an opinion of a Virpil Rudder user.

edit:

If I was at your position to choose now and if I would want what you want, then I would buy the Virpil Rudders. Simply because they have everything you want out of the Box. No need to mod anything just simple Adjustments. So why go the hard route if you can have it smooth and easy?

Edited by FR4GGL3

14700K | MSI Z690 Carbon | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC | 64GB DDR5 6000 G.Skill Ripjaws S5 | Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium HD on a Violectric V90 Headphone amp and Fostex TH600 Headphones | LG 42 C227LA & Samsung C32HG70 | TrackIR 5 | Virpil WarBRD with VFX Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Pedals MK IV 

I only fool around the F-14 - and still having a hard time on it as there is so much to learn and so little time and talent. But I love it.

I don’t always like having my feet on the rudder pedals which is why I opted for the TM TPR pedals. It’s a solid piece of perfection but man are they expensive too. Virpil is pure quality too!

Edited by Burt

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Il 16/4/2022 at 20:05, MAXsenna ha scritto:

Waiting for mine to arrive!

i wait your rewiev! 😄 

• Like 1

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.