Consequences of exceeding door open speed limit

AeriaGloria

In the export Mi-35P manual, it is stated there is a speed limit on open doors of 250 kmh. It doesn’t say the reason for the consequence, but I would presume it is the doors falling off? I would presume as they fall off they could potentially damage the wing, payload, or even horizontal stabilizer and tail rotor. I do know that over 260-270 kmh you have severe vibrations that make it uncomfortable to be in and aim that would likely contribute to stress on the door hinges. 

With the upcoming Kord door gunners, It would be interesting to have this modeled, with a randomized consequence for those doors coming off, if that is truly what happens. It would make people second guess taking the Kord door gunner, and instead using it for missions that don’t require full speed, as well as simulating real world limitations. 

Thank you for any consideration……

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Like 6

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Although I'm not sure it falls off, I think it's more that it can get permamently stuck open until you replace that hydraulic rod which holds it open. Keep in the mind that the door itself is very heavy. But that's, of course, just my opinion. What actually happens I'm not aware of.

Helicopters don't fly, they just subdue the air.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

8 hours ago, SmukY said:

Although I'm not sure it falls off, I think it's more that it can get permamently stuck open until you replace that hydraulic rod which holds it open. Keep in the mind that the door itself is very heavy. But that's, of course, just my opinion. What actually happens I'm not aware of.

Yeah, I have a feeling if it got jammed and broke the hinges/hydraulics, most players runnning around with door gunners wouldn’t care. Unless some sort of hydraulic leak went with that, which I’m pretty sure happens with a lot of landing gear extension/retraction above speed limit cases, but of course we don’t know for sure of that either. And the hydraulic accumulator appears to be VERY powerful in the Mi-24, possibly to also make up for potential hydraulic leaks and the such

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg