Weight

Nono
Go to solution Solved by Dragon1-1,

Hello, sorry for my bad english.
There is a weight difference between the ME and the in game.
I made captures for the Aim 120, but this is the same for all weapons.
I did not make a track because it is easily reproducible without

Screen_220411_111528.png

Screen_220411_111600.png

Same weight (357lbs for 1 Aim 120C), so ok.

Screen_220411_111636.png

but here, we have 2 pounds of difference, that's not much, it's true, but it's only aim 120, the difference is greater for another payload, why this difference ?

Screen_220411_111745.png

Here, we have the weight of the 120 with the rack, but...

Screen_220411_112208.png

The weight of the rack is not taken into account...

Thx for look

• Like 2

• Solution

For the first part, it's probably rounding error. DCS is made by an European company, so internal values are metric. One kg is about 2 pounds, so you can expect errors of that magnitude when things start to add up. Basically, what the system shows you as "4lbs" may internally be something like 1.67kg, which, when multiplied by two, will give you 3.34kg, which would be shown as 7lbs. So you appear to lose a pound somewhere, and depending on the rounding method used, those errors may accumulate.

Second part looks like a genuine bug.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team
27 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

For the first part, it's probably rounding error. DCS is made by an European company, so internal values are metric. One kg is about 2 pounds, so you can expect errors of that magnitude when things start to add up. Basically, what the system shows you as "4lbs" may internally be something like 1.67kg, which, when multiplied by two, will give you 3.34kg, which would be shown as 7lbs. So you appear to lose a pound somewhere, and depending on the rounding method used, those errors may accumulate.

Second part looks like a genuine bug.

You are right. Internal calculations are in kilograms, and then converted to pounds. So it's more of a display error.

The second is also display error. Rearming window doesn't take rack weight into account. Internally it's all calculated correctly.

• Thanks 3