CRS and HDG switches with the Hornet

VirusAM

Hi guys, 

I have the Hornet Orion Throttle, I am struggling with the CRS and HDG switches in the Hornet, as I map those into the DCS control settings, but being a "pulse" button it causes the switches in the cockpit to just flicker, and basically it is useless this way.

With the F-16 everything is correct instead.

Someone has this solved some way?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

13 hours ago, VirusAM said:

Hi guys, 

I have the Hornet Orion Throttle, I am struggling with the CRS and HDG switches in the Hornet, as I map those into the DCS control settings, but being a "pulse" button it causes the switches in the cockpit to just flicker, and basically it is useless this way.

With the F-16 everything is correct instead.

Someone has this solved some way?

What are you mapping them to?  If it's the rotaries, you need to change the pulse length in Winwing setup software.  If it's too short the switch in the cockpit will flicker as you suggest, but DCS won't pick up that you're doing anything with it and cause it to activate.  Using one of the toggle switches doesn't work well because the real thing is spring loaded and we don't have any of those on the Orion.

6 hours ago, rob10 said:

What are you mapping them to?  If it's the rotaries, you need to change the pulse length in Winwing setup software.  If it's too short the switch in the cockpit will flicker as you suggest, but DCS won't pick up that you're doing anything with it and cause it to activate.  Using one of the toggle switches doesn't work well because the real thing is spring loaded and we don't have any of those on the Orion.

I am mapping to the rotaries yes. So in simapp do i need to modify some settings?

I didn't care too much about that software honestly

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

5 hours ago, ggerman2862 said:

Nevermind my comment... I just saw that you were talking about the rotary knobs on the Orion, as opposed to the spring-loaded momentary switches on the Combat panel.

yes, exactly

5 hours ago, VirusAM said:

I am mapping to the rotaries yes. So in simapp do i need to modify some settings?

I didn't care too much about that software honestly

Yes, can't remember exactly what it's called, but "pulse length" or "delay" or something like that in Simappro (not at my gaming computer to check exactly).  Not the friendliest software, but run it once to set these and you won't need to run it again.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 7:37 AM, rob10 said:

Yes, can't remember exactly what it's called, but "pulse length" or "delay" or something like that in Simappro (not at my gaming computer to check exactly).  Not the friendliest software, but run it once to set these and you won't need to run it again.

@rob10 Do you recall if there's a button or option in the software needed to confirm a change to the hardware settings or does it just do it? Put another way, if I open SimAppPro, change the pulse length, and then exit the software, do I need to do anything else (assuming I configured DCS controls correctly)?

32GB (4x8) DDR4 2400 | Intel Core i-7 8700 4.6 GHz | MSI ATX Pro Z-370-A | GeForce 2070RTX Super Founder's Edition
WinWing Orion 2 Hotas w/ Hornet Throttle and Stick grips | HP Reverb G2 | BenQ 21" 60Hz | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro
Hornet driver, Blue Angel enthusiast, Tomcat stan

I couldn't get them to work. Still get the flickering of the spring loaded toggles. Ended up assigning HDG by using the push button on the HDG for moving left and the CRS for moving right. I only use the CRS for carrier landings so set that by entering the BRC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |