My WiiMote project is complete!

JonK

well so i built me one but i thought my button i am using would be sensitive enough to do it but i'm nearly tipping my screen over just to activate the LED :( gots to find me a more sensitive button :cry: but it works!! :D

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you once more Jonk for coming up with this and showing us how to do it for ourselves! Here are images and text on how my project has come along so far, I have yet to now tuck the wires thru another tiny side hole in the finger so that the wires run inside the glove, and exit on the backside of my hand, to the tiny watch battery compartment I have under the velcro strap.

Check out my images HERE

Here is an image to show how very small the switch is alongside a dime.

IMG_0056_resize.th.jpg

** The final product, with the wires neatly running down the inside of the glove, and the battery compartment located under the velcro strap on the backside of my palm.

picture002xu5.th.jpg

Edited by Talon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm getting really excited about this and I think i want to try this project. I'm wondering if I should go with a whole glove or try just a finger. Is the glove comfortable while flying? Talon that glove you have looks cool.. what brand is it and where can I find it? :) Also, how high did you have to place your TrackIR reciever to avoid a conflict with the Wii remote? Are you wearing your cap pointed up now?

Just curious

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The glove I purchased cost approx 9.00 from SportsAuthority, it is from a company called HEAD their Renegade model Racquetball glove. The glove is like a second skin, very thin and great for flying as the backside is not leather which makes for great ventilation preventing the hand from sweating. I purposely stayed away from full leather gloves like Golf gloves or baseball gloves as there is no liner and they can make your hands sweat quite easily. The other good reason to stay away from full leather is this gloves synthetic backside and over the top of the fingers allows you to slide your finger over the LCD without "stiction" and without creating marks on your lcd screen.

My trackir sits ontop of my 37" 1080p LCD monitor, and I haven't had to move it. I use TrackIR3 with Vector Expansion Clip and no interference so far. The wii-remote is located to my left at 45 deg mounted on-top of a 2 foot cardboard tube that is about 3 in in dia. So far it works great. I recommend getting a small laser and tape it to the top of the wii remote during your setup so you can aim it to the center area of your dsiplay. This helped me.

Graywo1f, I will have to post back here from work to find out what switch it was that they gave me at work.

Edited by Talon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all i just got my parts (got Wii remote / Ir led / battery holder / Bluetooth and switch..not best one its big lol and it leaves foot prints on my tv which i dont like)

Now i have no problems in recognizing Wii in Win xp pro 32 bit..so i played bit with it and got it working.

I installed software and went to calibration setup and i am reciving only 14 tracking utili.?..managed to calibrate screen but when in vindows desktop mode..mouse is going long the edges of monitor, it depends what i try to click it goes horizontally and vertically but like i said it is like draging pointer and uncontolled movements altough this was just experiment and i recived feedback so i just have i guess to solder prop. and prop setup Wii.

I have 36" LCD TV which runs reso of 1360X768 at 60hz refresh rate.

I placed Wii on my speakers stands, behind me and faces TV straight to mid... what angle should i try??

If u can advise me in something id be much apreciated!!

Still no BS for me (NO VISA..NO MASTERCARD lol..screewed my cred histry.. but in mean time i am prep. my ground when i get it to enjoy to the fullest...

Got new mobo gpu mem cpu/ x52 pro / saitek ruders / have to get tir4 soon(nooooooooooo i lost old one when i moved from my old aprtmnt.

I am geting now fps in Lomac fc around 50 + with all turned up in game(watter medium) and in gpu setup in windows..no jiggly edges all smooth and nice in res same as monitor.

Now i want to build this thing so i can click on my monitor until i make small holes or until my pixels die hahahah

I am thinking to build miracle stick hahaha so i dont need to bend over for tv when i want to click something..

just hope this will work on my setup.

Edited by okolovos oko

hmmmmm i dont see in your list a button? you need an always open push button to activate the LED or else the LED stays on and will just mess with the tracking........ so you have the push button on the end of your finger pushing the screen and then activating the LED for the WIImote to see and then that one flash of the LED from the push button gets interpreted as mouse clicks :)

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

Thanks to JonK, and everybody that allowed me to try different ideas for making "touch screen on non-touch screen monitor" possible. I just finished trying my mk1 self_made pen, and now i am going for mk2 self-made IRLED fingie thingie!!!

Can somebody explain with pictures - how to best fit micro switch from mouse, in tip of finger of my old glowe, so i can switch the IR led on/off with pressing it?

Hello guys, here is my semi f-16 pit I use for falcon , but now for blackshark and later the A-10. I made a glove , hooked up the Wiimote and finally got everything working on vista 64 with a program called smoothboard. The smoothboard software will allow 2 WiiMotes , so I will add another to the other side for redundency. I have around 41% tracking signal where it is placed now- wondering what everyone else is getting singal wise?

003-2.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

new with no clue

Hi Ya’ll, this is my first post here, sorry it is a HELP!! Request

I am very interested in this project so thought I’d give it a go.

Got my glove design all worked out! Used Trackir to insure IR was working.

OK, so I bought the Bluetooth dongle and the Wii remote,

got the Bluetooth dongle installed.

New found hardware says “installed and ready to use”.

Double click task tray icon for bluetooth manager.

This brings up a wizard to “create the settings for a Bluetooth device connection”.

Express mode ( reccomemded)…click next.

Error message, “unable to detect remote device”.

Fresh batteries in Wii remote.

No idea what the buttons on remote are foe as the only instructions

That came with it were how to install batteries.(no CD)

There is a power button..I assume that is to turn on the console ( I don’t have a console)

No power indicator lights on remote, (is this thing on!!)

Long story short…..can someone gimme a few tipsor advise please.

Thanks

I have been looking for the best way to connect the Wiimotes( I have 2), and the easiest way is with bluesoleil! I have tried the broadcom, microsoft stacks. I think bluesoleil is the easiest. I downloaded a couple of autoconnects for the Wiimotes but could not get them to work using vista 64. I'm also using smoothboard for the Wiimotes, it's a better program.

If you dongle doesn't come with bluesoleil , then you have to buy it!