Get gunboat to attack ship

dresoccer4

Quick q: i have 3 small gunboats set to attack a ship, however when the mission loads they just float in one place and do not attack. what am i doing wrong?

image.png

image.png

image.png

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Likely doesn't think their gun can do any damage to the target ship. Try doing the task for "fire at point" or no task at all because if the AI is capable of damaging a target with their weapons they will fire automatically. 

Also the attack group task for ships is more for telling them to attack ships with anti-ship missiles that they currently can't detect. 

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

6 minutes ago, Grimes said:

Likely doesn't think their gun can do any damage to the target ship. Try doing the task for "fire at point" or no task at all because if the AI is capable of damaging a target with their weapons they will fire automatically. 

Also the attack group task for ships is more for telling them to attack ships with anti-ship missiles that they currently can't detect. 

hmm ok thanks thats informative.

what I'm trying to get is the little boats to continually circle and fire at the big ship as it's trying to escape. can fire at point latch onto a target?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules