Pilot: target, 10 o'clock, my line of sight

CPG: silence

Pilot: what's going on?

CPG: silence

Pilot: what is wrong?

CPG: you know what is wrong

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we got the idea now: men like to make jokes about women's driving skills. I would appreciate if we slow it down a tad, this thread was not supposed to end up closed, moved, or maybe even removed. It was a serious request, and although chances for a Georgette are slim, it's better than no chance. 

• Like 3

OK, on a serious note: what would that accomplish? Why do we need female AI pilot/CPG?

I am not trying to diminish female accomplishments as soldiers, but I would rather devs use resources to either fix broken things or give new capabilities to us

Well, it would offer a bit of extra inclusion, and considering how for a modern airframe it wouldn't be out of place at all, it would be a nice option. After all, a rather large session for recording new voicelines is bound to happen anyway, with the general ATC rework, Petrovich, still a lot to be done on Supercarrier comms and more specific FARP messages.

Adding an alternate extra face is, I wager, not really that big of a job.

• Thanks 2

On 4/16/2022 at 9:08 AM, admiki said:

OK, on a serious note: what would that accomplish? Why do we need female AI pilot/CPG?

I am not trying to diminish female accomplishments as soldiers, but I would rather devs use resources to either fix broken things or give new capabilities to us

By your logic the wishlist forum in general is a bad idea. And to answer your question: it would accomplish adding a new voice option for those in the "we"-universe who like it. 

• Like 2

On 4/16/2022 at 9:08 AM, admiki said:

It will be a nice touch, and as my girlfriend wants to be my wingman/RIO/CPG, I wouldn't mind pretending that it's her when doing SP. 

We need more varied voices, period. While I don't mind HB's Jester, he's a special case, and has a truly epic number of lines (they basically turned him into a character in his own right). George/Petrovich have much fewer ones, so I think it'd be feasible. Wouldn't hurt to have a female one in there.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Catweedle said:

By your logic the wishlist forum in general is a bad idea. And to answer your question: it would accomplish adding a new voice option for those in the "we"-universe who like it. 

No, I don't think wishlist forum is bad idea in general. Just one example would be NVG SDU request, which will aleviate problems for people that have serious issues with using PNVS.

That would bring new capabilities. What new capability, aparat of "we like it " would female VO bring? 

• ED Team

Hi all, 

please be mindful of our forum rules which can be found at the top of the forum. 

For the AH-64D a female voice is already in for wingmen number 4 I believe. 

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, admiki said:

No, I don't think wishlist forum is bad idea in general. Just one example would be NVG SDU request, which will aleviate problems for people that have serious issues with using PNVS.

That would bring new capabilities. What new capability, aparat of "we like it " would female VO bring? 

Just because you don't see any benefit in a certain feature, doesn't mean no one does. If a user has a wish, who are you to say it's not a valid wish?

• Thanks 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

17 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Just because you don't see any benefit in a certain feature, doesn't mean no one does. If a user has a wish, who are you to say it's not a valid wish?

First of all, where did I say it's not a valid wish and second, who are you to say I can't express my opinion on a public forum?

• Like 1