Any mod to adjust IFLOLS for F-14?

bkthunder

On 4/14/2022 at 9:25 PM, Torbernite said:

Could anyone explain what happened? I haven't used the SC with F-14 for a long time. It used to work before? Or it never works?

The hook to eye distance is different between airframes (Hornet, Super Hornet, Tomcat, Intruder, Viking, Greyhound, etc), and the IFOLS is set accordingly by the ship's crew so that the pilot can fly the correct path for their aircraft and not be too high or too low on the glide slope and ideally catch the #3 wire.

Currently, the IFOLS in DCS is only set for the Hornet, and does not adjust if your trying to land the Tomcat. The current workaround for the Tomcat is to fly the ball higher than the datum and ignore most of the LSO calls as the Tomcat landing speed is different than the Hornet.

Edited by Diesel_Thunder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

6小时前,Diesel_Thunder说:

The hook to eye distance is different between airframes (Hornet, Super Hornet, Tomcat, Intruder, Viking, Greyhound, etc), and the IFOLS is set accordingly so that the pilot can fly the correct path for their aircraft and not be too high or too low on the glide slope and ideally catch the #3 wire.

Currently, the IFOLS is only set for the Hornet, and does not adjust if your trying to land the Tomcat. The current workaround for the Tomcat is to fly the ball higher than the datum and ignore most of the LSO calls as the Tomcat landing speed is different than the Hornet.

Thanks! I got it. I remembered that's truly what I felt last time I use it. Hope it could be fixed.

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.