DCS: AH-64D Livery Competition

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

DCS: AH-64D Livery Competition

In Dev2.png

Using the official template found here, we are holding a DCS: AH-64D livery contest. The top ten submissions will have their skins integrated into DCS world and their name will also be included in the official manual. 

Here are some of the requirements and details:

• The skin must be created using this template
  • The livery must be based on current or historic schemes from any AH-64 variant.
  • The livery must be associated with one of the countries currently present in DCS.

Here are instructions for saving textures with MIP levels using NVIDIA Texture Tools for Adobe Photoshop.

After submitting your file to User Files, please post in the DCS: AH-64D Skin Competition forum topic with a screenshot and link to your file from the ED user files.

The contest will run until the 29th of May. All ten winners will receive a free copy of DCS: AH-64D, or any other Eagle Dynamics module, that can be also given as a gift to any DCS account.

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Graphics changed the title to DCS: AH-64D Livery Competition
  • BIGNEWY pinned this topic

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3321584/  (Based on the main Mi-24 pattern used Azerbaijan and Ukranian Air force)

Bugs fixed. Fuel tank and patch added. the file has been added to the DCS userfile site. - 04/28/2022

Screen_220402_205510.png.e7ee7e5826cac0955c7c4671e81890aa.png

image.jpeg

1360221707_DCS2022-04-0219-58-05.jpg.8fc900820ce1bcfef5871a8d1881b7d3.jpg

image.jpeg

1368066204_DCS2022-04-0220-06-04.png.29ca411cd12ff57d22488c232bc97d4a.png

Edited by Aqil Huseynov
Bugs fixed. Fuel tank and patch added. the file has been added to the DCS userfile site. - 04/28/2022
  • Like 25

Sorry for the question. Some countries does not employ AH-64D, such as mine (Italy), is it still possible to add a skin in the competition to allow these countries to have a default one w/o the US markings?

I'm asking cause one of the rules is "The livery must be based on current or historic schemes from any AH-64 variant."

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

• ED Team
1 minute ago, chromium said:

Sorry for the question. Some countries does not employ AH-64D, such as mine (Italy), is it still possible to add a skin in the competition to allow these countries to have a default one w/o the US markings?

I'm asking cause one of the rules is "The livery must be based on current or historic schemes from any AH-64 variant."

you can still add your entry, what we are looking for is liveries that are real world like and not complete fantasy ones. 

thanks

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I know you're look for real world liveries but I'd really like to see a USMC livery for flying off the Tarawa. I know those already a good one in user files. Unfortunately the vast majority of real ones are just OD green with a different unit patch on the side.

Nice work ZedTank. Maybe if I get interested enough into the Apache (I got the module, haven't touched it yet) I'll download a few of yours.

• Like 1

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

• ED Team

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but you all realize that the second criteria in the contest is the livery must be of a current or historic AH-64 paint scheme? From reading the OP by BigNewy, it is my understanding that liveries of countries or services that have never operated the AH-64 don't qualify. Don't get me wrong, these liveries are awesome-looking, but not all fit the criteria for the contest.

• Like 6

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• ED Team
32 minutes ago, Aqil Huseynov said:

I think you mean Azerbaijan. Because I don't understand what other country you're using the "all" sentence for here (like politic) BIGNEWY knows about it and they let me participate in the competition, it's okay to worry.

I didn't mean just Azerbaijan.  Others, like Australia (although they are getting AH-64's in the future), Spain, France, Marines (assuming USMC) never existed.  I wasn't saying anything against the liveries, they are all very well done, but I was simply trying to clarify.

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 7

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, Megalax said:

You're also not ED team. BN did clarify in his second post that they want real world like liveries. To me that means no anime, neon, or beans.

Alright, calm down.  I never said I was ED team, and I wasn't targeting you or anyone in particular.  I missed that little nugget, I was only trying to help.

• Like 5

DCS Rotor-Head

• ED Team

Keep the liveries coming, some nice ones already in the thread. 

thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megalax said:

You're also not ED team. BN did clarify in his second post that they want real world like liveries. To me that means no anime, neon, or beans.

Calm down.

BigNewy did a bad job of conveying the requirements and his second post hardly helped things. It needed clarification and Raptor9 clarified it.

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

This is my skin from Indonesian Army Aviation Command - 11th Squadron/Serbu. and i would like to submit and participate in this livery competition.😁

note: This skin based on real livery from current Indonesian Army's AH-64E "Apache Guardian" Version.

Enjoy!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3321867/

latest update 4/20/2022:

- remove excessive dirt on aircraft

- missing texture fixed

- Correction on pilot patch

Screen_220318_183222.jpg

Screen_220318_182938.jpg

Screenshot_20.png

Based on real aircraft:

Screenshot_22.png

Edited by [.ID] Jupiter
link update
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

DCS World Repainter

FOX2 1.jpg Screen_220318_182938 1.jpg FOX2 12.png

On 4/15/2022 at 11:15 AM, Mainstay said:

Based on heavily weathered AH-64A workhorse pictures i bring you this livery.

Apache_weathered_11.png

ah-64a_06_of_52.jpg

ah-64a_52_of_52.jpg

Apache_weathered_33.png

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3321702/

To install navigate to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\AH-64D\Liveries\AH-64D_BLK_II\
Unrar/unzip the folder in there and voila your good to go.

Enjoy 🙂

Did you use the original template to make this skin? I ask because the file size in relation to the others is very low. I would love to see you win to have this skin inside the DCS. Good luck!

On 4/12/2022 at 4:11 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Here are some of the requirements and details:

• The skin must be created using this template
  • The livery must be based on current or historic schemes from any AH-64 variant.
  • The livery must be associated with one of the countries currently present in DCS.

Here are instructions for saving textures with MIP levels using NVIDIA Texture Tools for Adobe Photoshop.

After submitting your file to User Files, please post in the DCS: AH-64D Skin Competition forum topic with a screenshot and link to your file from the ED user files.

The contest will run until the 29th of May. All ten winners will receive a free copy of DCS: AH-64D, or any other Eagle Dynamics module, that can be also given as a gift to any DCS account.

• Like 2

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

5 hours ago, ThorBrasil said:

Did you use the original template to make this skin? I ask because the file size in relation to the others is very low. I would love to see you win to have this skin inside the DCS. Good luck!

Hey Thorbrasil. Yes I used the original template from ED, saved everything in DXT5 + 8BBP + mipmaps. Filesize is probably because compression of winrar. When you extract the folder it’s much larger.

Thank you for your kind words 😁

Edited by Mainstay
  • Thanks 1

g8PjVMw.png