DCS: AH-64D Livery Competition

BIGNEWY

SPANISH NAVY
-Brown flight suits and green vests.
-Custom helmets in white color and black visor.
-Patches and flag on the arms and biscuit on the chest.
-Textured with wear and dirt.
-Registration and number of the AH-1G of the 7th Squadron of the Spanish Navy, specifically the Z.14-08

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3322078/

1.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

2 hours ago, Akiyama_Ykari said:

q2BFuk9Lns7e3Dv.png

btXYRZpfdyIqLNV.png

3T8ohdNVsCBiZ7K.png

XGaz4NexJpEh8yP.png

MNUzCf7ORaX3Bvy.png

Created a battle-scarred surface for backup. I'm still thinking about the theme, I feel that everyone has already done all the Apache camouflage, so anxious ,It's my first time to participate in the creative competition, everyone is amazing :geek:.

Don't forget the alpha channels on the Bottom1/2 and Balka1 files, otherwise the screen meshes come out opaque.

• Thanks 1

Megalax's Livery Studio

My Liveries in the User Files

I'll stick a maple leaf on anything...

2 hours ago, Akiyama_Ykari said:

q2BFuk9Lns7e3Dv.png

btXYRZpfdyIqLNV.png

3T8ohdNVsCBiZ7K.png

XGaz4NexJpEh8yP.png

MNUzCf7ORaX3Bvy.png

Created a battle-scarred surface for backup. I'm still thinking about the theme, I feel that everyone has already done all the Apache camouflage, so anxious ,It's my first time to participate in the creative competition, everyone is amazing :geek:.

This looks amazing, the wear looks good, and those roughmets too. custom normals aswell if im not mistaken? honestly top quality, how much time did all that alignment take you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6小时前,Nuffbutter说:

This looks amazing, the wear looks good, and those roughmets too. custom normals aswell if im not mistaken? honestly top quality, how much time did all that alignment take you?

Thank you, it took about a month. I started working on the AH-64D when it was first released, and there were no templates at that time.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Akiyama_Ykari said:

q2BFuk9Lns7e3Dv.png

btXYRZpfdyIqLNV.png

3T8ohdNVsCBiZ7K.png

XGaz4NexJpEh8yP.png

MNUzCf7ORaX3Bvy.png

You can now declare yourself one of the winners. This skin is a work of art.

Edited by ThorBrasil
  • Like 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

• ED Team

thanks for the submissions, if you have not included the file link yet for a submission please ping or pm me once you have so I dont miss it on my spreadsheet. 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

14 hours ago, Akiyama_Ykari said:

q2BFuk9Lns7e3Dv.png

btXYRZpfdyIqLNV.png

3T8ohdNVsCBiZ7K.png

XGaz4NexJpEh8yP.png

MNUzCf7ORaX3Bvy.png

Awesome love those weathered liveries. Great work! 

• Thanks 1

g8PjVMw.png

I have a question for you @BIGNEWY:

With the unavoidable increase in size of liveries for DCS from now in to the future, is there a plan to increase the file size limit to the User Files section? I think a lot of us have started to resort to offsite hosting now because its near impossible to get a full AH-64 livery under 300mb. By a full livery obviously I mean anything with custom roughmets, pilots, and a normal map here and there.

• Like 1

Megalax's Livery Studio

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, Megalax said:

I have a question for you @BIGNEWY:

With the unavoidable increase in size of liveries for DCS from now in to the future, is there a plan to increase the file size limit to the User Files section? I think a lot of us have started to resort to offsite hosting now because its near impossible to get a full AH-64 livery under 300mb. By a full livery obviously I mean anything with custom roughmets, pilots, and a normal map here and there.

I don't think the limit will be lifted, we have to consider our storage space and the potential for liveries that are included in the DCS install taking up space also. 

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

15 ore fa, Akiyama_Ykari ha scritto:

q2BFuk9Lns7e3Dv.png

btXYRZpfdyIqLNV.png

3T8ohdNVsCBiZ7K.png

XGaz4NexJpEh8yP.png

MNUzCf7ORaX3Bvy.png

This is almost incredible, really. Fantastic work!

• Like 2

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

3rd submission: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3322127/

6-17 Cav G Troop Liveries to include Bad English, Bad Larry, Ban Hammer, Bigg Thirty, El Cuco, El Patron, Meat Tornado, No Diggity, Rico Suave, Snake Eye, Tyrone Biggums, and Wanda.

Thats 12 in total for this squadron/troop.

Screen_220427_071614.jpg

Screen_220427_072615.jpg

Screen_220427_072737.jpg

Screen_220423_221007.jpg

Screen_220423_214804.jpg

Screen_220423_214717.jpg

unknown.png

• Like 9

Megalax's Livery Studio

RSAF 120 Squadron, Republic of Singapore Air Force AH-64D

Will be flying under the UN flag since Singapore is not currently included in DCS World. Very interesting real world livery as my 2nd submission

• RSAF 120 Squadron squadron emblem
  • New Asian pilot texture
  • New Asian CPG texture
  • Custom uniforms with patches
  • Custom normal maps
  • Custom roughmets
  • Custom weathering

Link : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3322153/

AH-64 (2).PNG

Screen_220505_134802.jpg

Screen_220505_135321.jpgScreen_220505_135039.jpgScreen_220505_132853.jpgScreen_220505_132448.jpgScreen_220505_131825.jpgcover.jpg

Edited by whisky.actual
New pictures and link
  • Like 4

On 4/26/2022 at 3:45 PM, Akiyama_Ykari said:

q2BFuk9Lns7e3Dv.png

btXYRZpfdyIqLNV.png

3T8ohdNVsCBiZ7K.png

XGaz4NexJpEh8yP.png

MNUzCf7ORaX3Bvy.png

@BIGNEWY If he doesn't send the link by today will he be out of the competition? I hope he sends it soon.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

1小时前,ThorBrasil说:

@BIGNEWY如果他今天不发送链接,他会退出比赛吗?我希望他尽快寄出。

The contest will run until the 29th of May

Thank you very much for your support, I am using this template I made, and I am going to make 3-4 AH-64D livery, currently working on the Japanese version, do you have any paints you want to see, can you tell me, I am very happy willing to make。:drinks_drunk:

Edited by Akiyama_Ykari
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, KillingJoke said:

Some great entries so far. Admittedly I'm a bit surprised that no one has put out a UK Livery.

I was going to make one, but frankly they are quite boring and look like the default skin. If you find me a good reference picture with something unique I'll be more than happy to make one!

• ED Team

thanks for the submissions, looking forward to seeing more 

• Like 1