DCS: AH-64D Livery Competition

BIGNEWY

SKIN IFOR (Bosnia) US Army 2nd Squadron 6th Cavalry, based on real pictures.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3322206/

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

Real pictures:

4.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 12

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

On 4/26/2022 at 12:45 PM, Akiyama_Ykari said:

q2BFuk9Lns7e3Dv.png

btXYRZpfdyIqLNV.png

3T8ohdNVsCBiZ7K.png

XGaz4NexJpEh8yP.png

MNUzCf7ORaX3Bvy.png

Created a battle-scarred surface for backup. I'm still thinking about the theme, I feel that everyone has already done all the Apache camouflage, so anxious ,It's my first time to participate in the creative competition, everyone is amazing :geek:.

missing 7th of 17th air-cav if someone can. station last was Ft. Hood if there still there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

2022/5/4 PM5点43分,BIGNEWY说:

感谢添加到我的电子表格

BIGNEWY,I've been working on a Japanese Apache livery for 100 hours, and I'm in the final stages of polishing, but I have something I haven't done yet.

I don't know if I should do it. Each Apache of the JSDF is painted with a very distinct number.

If I did, it would appear in the game that every Apache would have the same number.

Should this be done?

• Like 1

• ED Team
5 hours ago, Akiyama_Ykari said:

BIGNEWY,I've been working on a Japanese Apache livery for 100 hours, and I'm in the final stages of polishing, but I have something I haven't done yet.

I don't know if I should do it. Each Apache of the JSDF is painted with a very distinct number.

If I did, it would appear in the game that every Apache would have the same number.

Should this be done?

I do not see a problem if you wish to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 5/6/2022 at 6:53 AM, Megalax said:

Please explain.

didn't know it was only PDF and a link, as I didnt update my browser to link pdfs or atribut it..

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Am 7.5.2022 um 06:08 schrieb Akiyama_Ykari:

Should this be done?

while i dont know how to do it myself, some aircraft have the option to insert a Board number in the Rearm&refuel,  maybe you could link the number to that so that anyone can put in whatever number they want

Edited by dedlike.

10 ore fa, dedlike. ha scritto:

while i dont know how to do it myself, some aircraft have the option to insert a Board number in the Rearm&refuel,  maybe you could link the number to that so that anyone can put in whatever number they want

AFAIK can't be done now, cause it's a feature related to the 3 model. Once and if the model will add this features, there are few countries liveries that might take advantage about it (i.e. Italian and Spanish livery also have tail numbers or vertical stabilizer serial numbers).

Edited by chromium
  • Thanks 1

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

12th Combat Aviation Brigade

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3322236/

thread seems to be quiet. I'll try to make it more activity

this is developed in Afghanistan 

I tried the new apache skin. Apache in Afghanistan in a tough desert environment. I think it was discolored while washing with water to remove dust every day

[포맷변환]Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2022.04.29 - 21.52.16.31.jpg

[포맷변환]Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2022.04.29 - 17.43.31.12.jpg

[포맷변환]Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2022.05.10 - 16.19.30.30.jpg

I adjusted the roughmet to create a metallic feel

[포맷변환]Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2022.04.29 - 22.07.49.52.jpg

ah-64a_52_of_52 (1).jpg

ah-64a_19_of_52.jpg

Still trying to figure out why it was discolored to mint color 

thanks guys!!!

Edited by lee1hy
  • Like 14

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

Hey all, 

Submitting my take on the Australian Army AH-64"E"  It is based on the concept images released by Boeing Australia after it was announced that the Apache was being purchased by Australia.
Screen_220509_231501 copy.jpg
Although technically not a current user, Australia will be by 2025. 

As this is not real at the moment, I do commit to updating the Skin once there are real reference images I can use.

I hope you all like!
AH-64D - 1st Avn Regt Australian Army (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Cheers

Azza

• Like 3

• ED Team

Thank you for the submissions, added to my spreadsheet. 

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

13 hours ago, LcSummers said:

@lee1hy

First of all, its a stunnimg skin, well done.

Love the weathering.

A question: Do you plan to add some patches for the pilot and cpg?

Thanks

It is difficult to make because the texture coordinates to be patched are split in half.  patch has to include roughmet and normal (so its better looks), but it is a lot of file size because it is the entire pilot texture (20 megabytes) I think it can be made by changing the structure of the patch like f18

There is a USA flag on the top and a unit on the bottom, but it's very difficult because the texture of the pilot's shoulder is split.

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

Good day all,

I would humbly like to submit my attempts for the competition.

An adaptation of the 3 tone camouflage used on the South African Rooivalk... but applied to the Apache. The pattern was created to be as close as reasonably possible to the actual Rooivalk, with probably over 100hrs of time put in. Specifics of the camouflage were recreated using images of Rooivalk to ensure shapes and patterns were matched, given the dimension and shape differences between the two helicopters. Squadron badges on the exterior were created using a hi resolution photograph.

There are 2 schemes available:

The first featuring high visibility markings as if the type had just entered service with the South African Air Force and 16 Squadron (who currently operate the Rooivalk). The insignia were created for this skin as a combination of parts of old SAAF insignia with new. The pilots have SANDF Soldier 2000 pattern flak jackets and pouches, with high visibility squadron patches, and wings.

F1.jpg

F3.jpg

F4.jpg

6.jpg

F2.jpg

F5.jpg

16 Squadron Early

The second is a 'late' service aircraft, where the sensor suite has been replaced (hence the change in color). The insignia were created from images of the current insignia carried by SAAF aircraft. The pilots still feature the SANDF Soldier 2000 pattern flak jackets and pouches, but now with operational squadron patches, and wings, there is also a tribute to 16 Squadron heritage with the image applied to the pilot's helmets (only visible from the exterior currently). The aircraft has some nose art applied, and has 3 successful strikes recorded.

F6.jpg

F8a.jpg

F7.jpg

F9a.jpg

F8.jpg

F9.jpg

16 Squadron Late

DSC-0129.jpg

DSC-0158.jpg

rooiv1.jpg

DSC-0136.jpg

Rooivalk pictures used with permission from the owner

@BIGNEWYlinks updated

Edited by Fearsome-13
ED links added
  • Like 7

FC3, UH-1, P-51D, Mi-8, A-10C, F-86F, FW 190D9, KA-50, Gazelle, Mig 21, M-2000C, F-5E, Spitfire IX, A/V-8B, F/A-18C, F-14, FW 190A8, F-16C, P-47D

NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Virpil: Warbrd, Alpha-R, Mongoose CM-2 throttle, Warbrd rudder

3 hours ago, Fearsome-13 said:

Good day all,

An adaptation of the 3 tone camouflage used on the South African Rooivalk... but applied to the Apache. The pattern was created to be as close as reasonably possible to the actual Rooivalk, with probably over 100hrs of time put in. Specifics of the camouflage were recreated using images of Rooivalk to ensure shapes and patterns were matched, given the dimension and shape differences between the two helicopters. Squadron badges on the exterior were created using a hi resolution photograph.

The first featuring high visibility markings as if the type had just entered service with the South African Air Force and 16 Squadron (who currently operate the Rooivalk). The insignia were created for this skin as a combination of parts of old SAAF insignia with new. The pilots have SANDF Soldier 2000 pattern flak jackets and pouches, with high visibility squadron patches, and wings.

F1.jpg

F3.jpg

F4.jpg

6.jpg

F2.jpg

F5.jpg

16 Squadron Early

The second is a 'late' service aircraft, where the sensor suite has been replaced (hence the change in color). The insignia were created from images of the current insignia carried by SAAF aircraft. The pilots still feature the SANDF Soldier 2000 pattern flak jackets and pouches, but now with operational squadron patches, and wings, there is also a tribute to 16 Squadron heritage with the image applied to the pilot's helmets (only visible from the exterior currently). The aircraft has some nose art applied, and has 3 successful strikes recorded.

F6.jpg

F8a.jpg

F7.jpg

F9a.jpg

F8.jpg

F9.jpg

16 Squadron Late

DSC-0129.jpg

DSC-0158.jpg

rooiv1.jpg

DSC-0136.jpg

*I know that I must link to the ED files site, however I am traveling over the next 72hrs and once home I will update the links as I have just submitted to the ED files, so I can update the post. Please let me know if this is ok.

Perfect

• Like 1

• ED Team
On 5/12/2022 at 1:50 PM, Fearsome-13 said:

Good day all,

F1.jpg

F3.jpg

F4.jpg

6.jpg

F2.jpg

F5.jpg

16 Squadron Early

F6.jpg

F8a.jpg

F7.jpg

F9a.jpg

F8.jpg

F9.jpg

16 Squadron Late

DSC-0129.jpg

DSC-0158.jpg

rooiv1.jpg

DSC-0136.jpg

*I know that I must link to the ED files site, however I am traveling over the next 72hrs and once home I will update the links as I have just submitted to the ED files, so I can update the post. Please let me know if this is ok.

Please ping me once the files have been added to the ED user files I will add them to the spreadsheet. 

thanks

• Like 1