Woah there Cochise! She's sensitive!

StrongHarm

I found a great training method for analyzing precision hover and transitions that I thought I'd share, and it's very simple; slow DCS down to half speed.  You can do it with keys ALT+Z.  Try taking off and hovering like this.  If you slow down, you'll really be able to feel what she needs, and finding that sweet spot will really pay off for both of you.

Observations of a TLDR nature:

My opinion on why this is so effective for me parallels playing my guitar.  I've been at it for more than 30yrs and I find that sometimes I still just have to slow down when I'm playing a piece to better understand the composer's nuances.  Flying a helo is really more akin to drumming though.  You have several parts of your body doing very different things, but doing those unique movements in time and with concern to every other body part... and sometimes in direct opposition to one another.  While overing with the sim at half speed, I really came to understand the effect of increased collective on both forward motion and port side torque... and the degree and timing of that effect.  When I sped up again my muscle memory was intact and my hover felt better, even though I was already performing hovers pretty well.  This exercise, along with Casmo's Hover Recovery exercise, and Eagle7's Tire Exercises will be part of my weekly TTP workout for a long time to come.

I'm in love with this Apache!  Thank you again ED!

• Like 5

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm