3D model, rear SPO-10 antennas

AeriaGloria

Hello, since Mi-24P release I have pored over the 3D model to find different things. Among things I could not find were the rear antennas for the SPO-10. Through research it seems on earlier models these antennas were placed on the rear of the weapons pylons. It appears that when flare dispensers were integrated into the fuselage, the rear of the dispensers (same ones in DCS Mi-24P) has the SPO-10 rear antennas integrated into the back of them.

As time moved on, antennas were placed in the tail for SPO-15 upgrades. And when the shrouds of the integrated flare dispensers are removed, you can see circular cut out sections of the metal structure holding the flare dispensers. 

In the DCS Mi-24P 3D model. The flat plate upon where these would be installed is modeled, but not the hemispherical dielectric antenna radon’s itself. 

here are some pictures that show the dielectric radome missing from the in game model. As well as when the shroud has been removed and circular cut out of the metal supports. 

This is very minor and I’m probably one of the very few that would ever notice such a thing. I only wish to bring it up due to the apparent renewed push to finish the Mi-24, thank you 

202A9764-DDB0-4BBD-AFE8-0C9808753BC1.jpeg

3EFBF694-18DD-4A37-8BF6-E295FA6E9674.jpeg

E089878A-8C4B-4B15-A4DE-E91F37AFE650.jpeg

• Like 2

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Just now, rcjonessnp175 said:

nose has them

Screen_220413_080640.png

Exactly, 2 out of the 4. Though I wouldn’t put it entirely out of the realm of possibility for operators to get rid of the rear two for the sake you of being able to maintenance on the integrated flare dispensers🤣

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

1 minute ago, AeriaGloria said:

Exactly, 2 out of the 4. Though I wouldn’t put it entirely out of the realm of possibility for operators to get rid of the rear two for the sake you of being able to maintenance on the integrated flare dispensers🤣

Field modifications are a real thing  so wouldn't doubt it....

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.