Orion 2 Throttle ROTARY

MrReynolds

Hey Win Wings!

I'm currently using an X56 which was a poor-man's replacement for a defunct Warthog.

For helicopter's anti-torque - - I HAD used the rotary on an old cougar years ago, and now the X56 thumb rotary.  Works a TOTAL treat.  I don't want to fork out for rudder pedals and I don't really have the room.  I love the fact that the rotary stays where it is (so it keep the rudder position without a spring) and frankly my muscle memory is so engrained I can't imagine using feet!!!

I'm looking at the Orion 2 combo here: https://wwsimstore.com/p/343.html 

But I REALLY would miss the rotary if this doesn't have one.  I see a middle wheel on the throttle.  Looks like it spins up and down.  Is this a rotary?

Thanks for any feedback, MrR / BeeRay.

I'm assuming you're looking at the F-18 throttle and I don't know but I doubt they've changed it since the Orion 1, so NO, it's not a rotary.  It works the way the one in the real Hornet does and spring loaded to recentre.  It does not rotate fully around or stay were you set it.

Having said that, the F-16 throttle grip does have a thumb rotary designed for radar elevation that might do what you want.

That wheel is spring loaded and only moves around 70deg up and down

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

What about the Orion2 Collective? Metal roller? I don't have one yet, awaiting order, but would that work?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |