Looking for performance related tips for WW2 mission design

Tree_Beard

I have a powerful PC and have recently begun getting into DCS WW2 mission design. 

The issue with WW2 scenarios is that they usually involve A LOT of aircraft and ground assets in the AO. Does anyone have any tips for mission design that I can use to maximize performance while also getting the most assets in the mission as possible? 

For example - I am sure some aircraft or ground units are well optimized in terms of LOD and some are not. I can tell the JU88 in particular is horrible. What other planes and vehicles are performance hogs and which are on the lighter side?

Anything else to help a lot of units operate somewhat smoothly together in a large mission? 

• 1 month later...

Late reply, use statics for ground and not AI scripted. If there going to be targets. Or not primary they still have hit points and take damage. Makes big difference in missions executing on small home servers with less scripts qued.  That's what I do. Load .Miz into editor and just swap replace. I only use scripted ai for air and moving ground.  Everything else static. Helps other players on smaller systems like laptops.  Along with distance triggers and scripts, don't activate till crossing the trigger etc. I use mostly liberation for generator then modify by hand.  

Edited by battlegear2099