DCS IS UNPLAYABLE FOR ME

Nomorefly

I know that this thread will be deleted because it is not on your site, but since it is the only place where I can write, here I go. I have spent 4 years and more than $600 in modules, I have spent more than $6000 on a computer and vr glasses, I currently have a 3080 g2 i7 9700k 32gb ram and 1tb m2 memory only for dcs, in 4 years I have not been able to do that this game works in vr in a stable way. I am deeply disgusted with the situation and the bad practices of this company that is only dedicated to making modules based on spaghetti code that they do not even understand and for which there cannot be a minimum optimization, one of the worst events that I suffer in this simulator made with sticks and stones. it is to look 90º right or left in vr and see how the terrain stutters, you look forward everything is fine you look to the side moving terrain with interruptions, let's not talk about taking off with a plane and when you die and change slot, the fps are lost for a while, the code's head explodes. I've been looking at guides for years, doing the impossible and this game is unplayable in vr. Thank you for making me waste so much money and time, on something that I will not be able to play anymore. Every day I lose more interest in airplanes, due to the bad experience I have been suffering in this simulator. without more one with the days counted as a pilot in DCS.

• Like 2

So comparing VR to a monitor is perhaps a bit misplaced. And even on the monitor, there are problems. It's no secret that DCS is performing poorly, which is why a new engine is coming.

Is there any new news about it yet?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hobel said:

So comparing VR to a monitor is perhaps a bit misplaced.

Yes and no. Happy flying is the art of the possible. I fly happy with my rig on a very nice 1440p screen and I feel fortunate to have the toys that I do.

2 minutes ago, Hobel said:

And even on the monitor, there are problems. It's no secret that DCS is performing poorly . . . 

"Performing poorly" is subjective. I don't have a 3080ti so I do not fly with the expectations that my rig will behave as if I have one.  I fly with regard to what I have. I build my own flights, I tend to fly small to medium missions, and I have the eye candy at a level where I balance performance with FPS, and I really enjoy my flying. The sim looks great and the performance is fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

46 minutes ago, Nomorefly said:

I know that this thread will be deleted because it is not on your site, but since it is the only place where I can write, here I go. I have spent 4 years and more than $600 in modules, I have spent more than $6000 on a computer and vr glasses, I currently have a 3080 g2 i7 9700k 32gb ram and 1tb m2 memory only for dcs, in 4 years I have not been able to do that this game works in vr in a stable way. I am deeply disgusted with the situation and the bad practices of this company that is only dedicated to making modules based on spaghetti code that they do not even understand and for which there cannot be a minimum optimization, one of the worst events that I suffer in this simulator made with sticks and stones. it is to look 90º right or left in vr and see how the terrain stutters, you look forward everything is fine you look to the side moving terrain with interruptions, let's not talk about taking off with a plane and when you die and change slot, the fps are lost for a while, the code's head explodes. I've been looking at guides for years, doing the impossible and this game is unplayable in vr. Thank you for making me waste so much money and time, on something that I will not be able to play anymore. Every day I lose more interest in airplanes, due to the bad experience I have been suffering in this simulator. without more one with the days counted as a pilot in DCS.

It's very playable in VR.  It really has do to with settings and so forth.  Once you find the sweet spot it's amazing.  I haven't updated my machine because I don't see a reason to.  The day that DCS is unbearable in VR I will.  I could never fly a screen again it's terrible. 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators

53 minutes ago, Nomorefly said:

Thank you for making me waste so much money and time, on something that I will not be able to play anymore.

Creating a user account just to rant this? ... it doesnt seem worthwhile to even debate with you .. lets hope you really keep your word and dont fly DCS anymore, don't let the door hit you when you leave 😇

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

9 minutes ago, Gunrun_KS said:

It's very playable in VR.  It really has do to with settings and so forth.  Once you find the sweet spot it's amazing.  I haven't updated my machine because I don't see a reason to.  The day that DCS is unbearable in VR I will.  I could never fly a screen again it's terrible. 

I enjoy my screen but I will have to try VR at least once before I croak. I have a neck injury from work and I think throwing my head around would be unpleasant, but I do want to try VR.

Also, how the hell to you find and avoid knocking over your beverage when you are flying VR? At $40+ a bottle for decent bourbon, that presents a serious issue. 🥃

• Like 1

No one invited you to discuss anything. It is my opinion, and what I do with my possessions is not in your hands. I don't know why you waste your time not contributing anything. The above exposed mind is my experience of 3 years in virtual reality with dcs, which is amazing and which I would not change for a screen even if they paid me. And if it goes well for you, I'm glad. but we are many people suffering from problems that people like you hide or omit.

@Rudel_chw

26 minutes ago, Beirut said:

"Performing poorly" is subjective. I don't have a 3080ti so I do not fly with the expectations that my rig will behave as if I have one.  I fly with regard to what I have. I build my own flights, I tend to fly small to medium missions, and I have the eye candy at a level where I balance performance with FPS, and I really enjoy my flying. The sim looks great and the performance is fine.

That's good for you.

But DCS offers even more possibilities which I would also like to use

26 minutes ago, Beirut said:

Yes and no. Happy flying is the art of the possible. I fly happy with my rig on a very nice 1440p screen and I feel fortunate to have the toys that I do.

that's nice for you.

Edited by Hobel
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hobel said:

That's good for you.

But DCS offers even more possibilities

that's nice for you.

Look at that - you're happy that I'm happy.

This is why we're friends. :drinks_cheers:

• Like 1

Hey to be fair and have a open discussion,  sure it may be a rant style post but I agree with allot said.  Vr is a pain plain and simple in dcs, and at times patience is very tested waiting for improvements in the performance realm.  For me I could plug my rifts back in and generally have pretty good performance but I think allot of us have seen how good things look with higher res headsets for example I currently run a Quest 2 and hard to go back to subpar readability and such.

Fly over those big cities in Syria map and turn head left or right and yup stutter fest. I’m talking about roof top level here not cloud dancing.

• Thanks 1

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

16 minutes ago, Beirut said:

Also, how the hell to you find and avoid knocking over your beverage when you are flying VR? At $40+ a bottle for decent bourbon, that presents a serious issue. 🥃

Congratulations, you've discovered one of the major shortcomings of the tech.

"Hey, it's 5pm. Should I pour myself a cold one or should I strap this little monitor to my face and isolate myself from my family for the next 90 minutes?"

But I'm sure ol' Zuckerberg is hard at work solving this issue as well.

Edited by unlikely_spider
  • Like 2

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

I fly exclusively in VR. I have a good system. For me, DCS in VR is a love hate relationship. You have to lower your expectations and setting to a comfortable and playable level. I think they are working on it and I believe they know VR is the future of this game and others. There really is no comparison once this game is mixed with a screen strapped to your head. It truly is amazing. Anyways, turn your settings down and enjoy what the game offers for now.... remember, they're working on it!

Edited by ddc196
  • Like 5

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 64GB 3200 - Win 11 - 2 TB SSD (game drive) - Quest 3.

2 minutes ago, ddc196 said:

I fly exclusively in VR. I have a good system. For me, DCS in VR is a love hate relationship. You have to lower your expectations and setting to a comfortable and playable level. I think they are working on it and I believe they know VR is the future of this game and others. There really is no comparison once this game is mixed with a screen strapped to your head. It truly is amazing. Anyways, turn your settings down and enjoy what the game offers for now.... remember, their working on it!

True indeed 

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

27 minutes ago, Beirut said:

I enjoy my screen but I will have to try VR at least once before I croak. I have a neck injury from work and I think throwing my head around would be unpleasant, but I do want to try VR.

I mean do you really call  yourself a DCS player if you can't drink and fly blind 😉🤣.  Truth be told it all comes with muscle memory.  I have a full dinner and a drink under my rift S.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators

27 minutes ago, Gunrun_KS said:

I mean do you really call  yourself a DCS player if you can't drink and fly blind 😉🤣.  Truth be told it all comes with muscle memory.  I have a full dinner and a drink under my rift S.

I'm not as young as I used to be. I need to see the glass. 

Besides, good bourbon is not to be swilled blindly like beer; it should be appreciated, visually, on the nose, and the palate. 😎

• Like 2

Man o man - crikey..................................

OP:

Listen, I have a similar system as you (cept a 3080ti and a 9900k) and I absolutely assure VR in DCS world is spectacular so you my ole friend, have your system setup completely and utterly wrong for you to feel like this.  Happy to help - reach out instead of openly and overtly slamdunking and you might, just might..............  get somewhere.

• Like 3

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

1 hour ago, unlikely_spider said:

Congratulations, you've discovered one of the major shortcomings of the tech.

"Hey, it's 5pm. Should I pour myself a cold one or should I strap this little monitor to my face and isolate myself from my family for the next 90 minutes?"

But I'm sure ol' Zuckerberg is hard at work solving this issue as well.

opplanet-camelbak-sixbak-hydration-backp

• Like 7

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

32 minutes ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

Snip

Lol that's one way to do it...

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers