DCS IS UNPLAYABLE FOR ME

Nomorefly

@[WF]-Templario come into contact with whom? I have been with this for a long time and it is not solved in any way. My PC is a beast which I have upgraded to a point where it is no longer worth buying anything because the game does not use it. I have even formatted it. What else do you want me to do? I've been learning about graphic configuration for 3 years trying to get something decent and it's impossible in the state that dcs is in right now. and it's rare, yes, but dcs is going great for some people and for another it's going like hell, both with the same systems. why ? I'm just an asshole who wasted a lot of time, suffering with how bad DCS VR works, trying to make it work, which is pure frustration. Hours and hours wasted restarting the game every time you change a graphic setting. seeing that you don't get decent graphics and stable fps.3 years

8 hours ago, Nomorefly said:

@[WF]-Templario come into contact with whom? I have been with this for a long time and it is not solved in any way. My PC is a beast which I have upgraded to a point where it is no longer worth buying anything because the game does not use it. I have even formatted it. What else do you want me to do? I've been learning about graphic configuration for 3 years trying to get something decent and it's impossible in the state that dcs is in right now. and it's rare, yes, but dcs is going great for some people and for another it's going like hell, both with the same systems. why ? I'm just an asshole who wasted a lot of time, suffering with how bad DCS VR works, trying to make it work, which is pure frustration. Hours and hours wasted restarting the game every time you change a graphic setting. seeing that you don't get decent graphics and stable fps.3 years

Then perhaps it's time to go outside and take a walk, get some exercise and fresh air. ⛅

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• ED Team
11 hours ago, Nomorefly said:

I know that this thread will be deleted because it is not on your site, but since it is the only place where I can write, here I go. I have spent 4 years and more than $600 in modules, I have spent more than $6000 on a computer and vr glasses, I currently have a 3080 g2 i7 9700k 32gb ram and 1tb m2 memory only for dcs, in 4 years I have not been able to do that this game works in vr in a stable way. I am deeply disgusted with the situation and the bad practices of this company that is only dedicated to making modules based on spaghetti code that they do not even understand and for which there cannot be a minimum optimization, one of the worst events that I suffer in this simulator made with sticks and stones. it is to look 90º right or left in vr and see how the terrain stutters, you look forward everything is fine you look to the side moving terrain with interruptions, let's not talk about taking off with a plane and when you die and change slot, the fps are lost for a while, the code's head explodes. I've been looking at guides for years, doing the impossible and this game is unplayable in vr. Thank you for making me waste so much money and time, on something that I will not be able to play anymore. Every day I lose more interest in airplanes, due to the bad experience I have been suffering in this simulator. without more one with the days counted as a pilot in DCS.

Hi 

and welcome to the forum. If you want help please attach:

dcs log from saved games

your dxdiag 

screenshots of your DCS settings including VR tab

screenshot of your VR settings for your device. 

We are especially interested in your resolution and the percentage you are using in game and in your vr settings. 

My spec is below, I run reverb G2 45 - 90 FPS and dont have any issues. 

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to DCS IS UNPLAYABLE FOR ME

Hi Nomorefly,

+1 on what BigNewy said..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

LOL !

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

4 hours ago, The_Nephilim said:

Hi Nomorefly,

+1 on what BigNewy said..

@Nomorefly

+2 on what @BIGNEWY said.

If you want us to help you, you have to give us something more than just a rant to work with. We need details.

Bear in mind. VR tech in general is still a work in progress, let alone how DCS uses it. There is no way you are going to

get photorealistic quality, high FPS and smooth VR at the same time. I don't care how "badass" your machine may be. There are always limits.

Things like Vulcan and Multicore support are being worked on and will soon be implemented into the sim,

that will make everyone's VR experience a whole lot better. You must be patient.

In the meantime, please take the advice of the many, many VR users who have found ways make it happen. They can make life a whole lot easier for you.

In the meantime, do as BigNewy said and provide us with the tools we need to help you. My best advice is before doing anything, open task mgr. and the start tab.

Disable all programs and restart your computer. DCS is very sensitive to programs running in the background.

What kind of AV are you running? Many 3rd party AV's will bog down your computer.

If you haven't bothered to ask anyone in the past 3 years, then now is the time.

Ask, don't demand. Be polite. Be open to others suggestions. There are many knowledgeable people in the community that can really help you.

Take advantage of their expertise. Remember what your Mother told you, "You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar."  HVYapur.png

• Like 2

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Nomorefly:

I know that this thread will be deleted because it is not on your site, but since it is the only place where I can write, here I go. I have spent 4 years and more than $600 in modules, I have spent more than $6000 on a computer and vr glasses, I currently have a 3080 g2 i7 9700k 32gb ram and 1tb m2 memory only for dcs, in 4 years I have not been able to do that this game works in vr in a stable way. I am deeply disgusted with the situation and the bad practices of this company that is only dedicated to making modules based on spaghetti code that they do not even understand and for which there cannot be a minimum optimization, one of the worst events that I suffer in this simulator made with sticks and stones. it is to look 90º right or left in vr and see how the terrain stutters, you look forward everything is fine you look to the side moving terrain with interruptions, let's not talk about taking off with a plane and when you die and change slot, the fps are lost for a while, the code's head explodes. I've been looking at guides for years, doing the impossible and this game is unplayable in vr. Thank you for making me waste so much money and time, on something that I will not be able to play anymore. Every day I lose more interest in airplanes, due to the bad experience I have been suffering in this simulator. without more one with the days counted as a pilot in DCS.

Do you have any useful(!) information on your setup, software used, logs, what settings you fly in DCS? Did you try reducing the DCS settings to minimum and crank them up from there to identify possible ressource issues?

Just ranting will neither fix anything, nor is it a good base for identification of issues.

Just saying.

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

16 hours ago, Nomorefly said:

@Nomorefly - like a lot of forums for lot's of games and issues in 2022, EDForums can be brutal, it has always been like that - it also, in the main............ is exceptionally useful and helpful 'IF' you structure a concern or issue correctly and appropriately.  All you have done is come on and rant about how DCS does not meet your expectations for your system.  You have never posted before, never uploaded logs, never asked for help and never it seems, done or presented that in a structured way that ensures gravitation to help.  I'm willing to.................... many others too I'm willing to bet.  The days of just mumble or TS have gone - we have discord, hell we can even chat in game - any which way you please, I can almost 'guarantee' to fix your issue, if you would just go outside, look at the sky, smell the air and put all this into context.  As for being around for 4 years?  Mate...................... a lot of us here were about with DCS before it even was DCS - LOMAC for me actually.  4 years is a drop.  Shouldn't worry bout that.  Let me know if I can help you if not, then why not consider following the ticket system or taking up BigNewey on the advisory of logs, DXDiag etc.  Wishing you well now.

Edited by [WF]-Templar

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

I remember when I got my first VR headset and the nightmare I had trying to find the sweetspot of settings etc that worked for me and my set up. It can be a real pain and it can be really offputting. However, on these forums is a wealth of knowledge and many people who will help, providing you dont come on and behave like a 2 year old.........or even in spite of that!! 

My VR now runs pretty damn good and I am super happy i stuck at it. I do also use my monitor and track ir as well, so dont let the VR frustrations stop you enjoying the sim and all those modules you poured the cash into while you get it figured out........

Edited by markturner1960
  • Like 1

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

24 hours later..............crickets.   🙄

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

On 4/13/2022 at 5:59 PM, unlikely_spider said:

Congratulations, you've discovered one of the major shortcomings of the tech.

"Hey, it's 5pm. Should I pour myself a cold one or should I strap this little monitor to my face and isolate myself from my family for the next 90 minutes?"

But I'm sure ol' Zuckerberg is hard at work solving this issue as well.

Just get an Iron Flask cooler bottle.  You can drink from it without lifting the HMD, and at worst you spill a drop or two if you happen to knock it over when the spout is open.  :drinks_nologo:

• Like 1

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

• 9 months later...

for all those who say that I only come to rant,you must know one thing, this time was the third time I contacted with ED, is second time with the help of bignewy to whom I thank him, I gave them all the data they needed 2 TIMES before my coment,  you must rember it, and they had no idea why it happened, so my comment is an opinion and not a request for help,you dont know regarding the actions I have taken on the subject, just because I had no account in the forum. by the way  thanks for your opinion i take it in mind for the future, but i dont think the forum can solve things better than the ED team.

On 4/14/2022 at 10:00 AM, ddc196 said:

I fly exclusively in VR. I have a good system. For me, DCS in VR is a love hate relationship. You have to lower your expectations and setting to a comfortable and playable level. I think they are working on it and I believe they know VR is the future of this game and others. There really is no comparison once this game is mixed with a screen strapped to your head. It truly is amazing. Anyways, turn your settings down and enjoy what the game offers for now.... remember, they're working on it!

This is extremely opinionative and YMMV much depending on your mindset for starters, but the above is really the best advise. However I understand it may not be practical because of the difference with mindsets.

There's really 2 types of people (got to love that saying 😉  ) but it really is applicable here:

For perfectionists

Those who like their ducks in a row and won't compromise, yeah - DCS in VR is no good. I have friends with this mindset, and there is nothing wrong with it. They will throw a tonne of money to get the best equipment, and expect things working right for them. Unfortunately, the way DCS has been - no amount of $'s is going to make DCS work fine in VR - even worse on MP mission with lots of action, etc. I would not, and could not recommend DCS in VR for them (at this point in time). The problem is, compromisers will come and say stuff, but it simply won't be relevant, because perfectionists and compromisers have two different mindsets that are not compatible - they just have very different expectations.

For compromisers

Those who are willing to compromise to have VR will have better success. As @ddc196 mentioned - lowering expectations is the key trick. This doesn't mean frustration free, and even then, some compromisers may not find DCS good enough, depending on how much they are willing to compromise. But the fact is, the compromising mindset is really the only mindset at present that will find DCS usable in VR.

If you're like me, and the joys of VR are worth compromising on, the trick is simply to lower your standards. (And sometimes lower them a bit more 😉 ) , then DCS is very playable at the moment. (I fly 2080S with shadows off though - I'm willing to compromise to that level).  However, I'm aware that works for me  - and I completely respect that someone else's mind may be wired differently, and that sort of compromising will grate on them.

@Nomorefly - my guess is that you're in the first category. I (and others) can give you advise on how to get DCS to run smoother, and there are a number of different options out there at the moment, but it's probably pointless if you're not in the 'compromisers' group and expect to be able to look 90° sideways and see complete smoothness low to the ground in VR.

The good news is that we've been told performance improvements are coming. However that's not much hope for perfectionists until it's actually here, and I fully understand. Us compromisers go "sweet - we'll compromise until then", and yeah - get impatient at time, but it's workable for us. For perfectionists - it's not, and I get that. The only advise I can really give is to accept what it is, accept that as much as you want to play DCS - unless you can join the compromisers camp and still be happy - it's probably better to focus your efforts elsewhere until ED release their actual solution, otherwise you're just going to remain frustrated. Don't let the state of DSC get you down. Just focus elsewhere until DCS is at an acceptable level. 👍

• Like 3